Would you quit your job if you won the local jackpot?

i have a hard time not quitting now and i'm broke. y'all really wanna stick around retail when you don't have to??
Keep in mind that the posters that say they would keep working at Target posted that in 2016.
All but 1 of the 2020 posters said NO-WAY.
The 1 that would stay - said 1 day/week only for the discount.
I think that 10% won’t mean as much then as it does now and staying the one day would turn into a nope = out.

I spent years as a stay at home mom. I loved it. But I didn’t realize how isolated I was until I ventured back to work and started having regular conversations with other adults. It was glorious! Would I keep the job I have now if I won the lottery? For a while, absolutely. But I wouldn’t fight for hours, I’ll take my few shifts a week and be happy. Having people in your life that you know, that know you, that you can count on to be there for you and support you, people comfortable enough and close enough to you to call you out on your shit, that’s something you can’t buy. Would I eventually quit? Depends on how much the jackpot is I suppose. But I would never want to feel that isolated again, and I’m too bratty to want to make new friends when I already have friends I love lol

Keep in mind that the posters that say they would keep working at Target posted that in 2016.
All but 1 of the 2020 posters said NO-WAY.
The 1 that would stay - said 1 day/week only for the discount.
I think that 10% won’t mean as much then as it does now and staying the one day would turn into a nope = out.

I meant I would long enough to get stuff together to move. Discount on luggage, electronics and such. Not like I'd be staying permanently....with this kind of money, even if I was anonymous I wouldn't stay forever.

If I won a jackpot, I'd offer two weeks' notice. I have already been involved in a fair amount of volunteer work and would do more volunteering in order to serve others' needs and to retain interaction with other people. HOWEVER, it's a big question mark because in most states the identities of lottery winners are publicly disclosed, and your life becomes overwhelmed with "a friend in need is a friend indeed" requests as well as potential threats of blackmail.

My state allows lottery winners to remain anonymous. If it's a large sum I'd put in my two weeks (found greener pastures) then retain a respectable attorney to collect for me. Act like nothing happened otherwise. Lottery winners have a habit of turning up dead one way or another.

Last edited:
I hit the jackpot by working at target 😐👀😳
Actually I do feel very lucky to have my job at Target. They have treated me well and I have had steady work through the "great recession" and this shutdown. Ive been here for ever it seems. I work hard and stay out of the drama.
That being said. Yes I would quit. Because I would have the means to pursue dreams of traveling the world.

the smart thing to do is go on vacation and use up all of those sick hours, then put in 2 weeks so you can collect the remaining $. And then use some of that lottery money like maybe couple millions assuming you won close to 100 mil, and buy yourself a seat in the Target boardroom and reform the godamn store from within that will benefit the lower team members. Raise everyones paygrade, abolish Team Leaders, use their paygrade to spread it amongst teammembers, and make every single team member be their own boss in their own isles and departments. And then quit target.

I want to move elsewhere, so yes. But not until I had that arranged, so I could keep getting that discount. (I'd be sensible with my $ so I didn't end up as a stereotype lottery-winner-who-went-broke.)

I would turn in two weeks notice ASAP after win lottery but will still go work at my other better job with better benefits.

Back