Would you quit your job if you won the local jackpot?

Assuming you got an instant payout that was enough to retire right now. Would you quit? Would you give your two weeks or just fly outta there as fast as lighting?

Just curious because I see a few anti quiting people here so I'm wondering what others think if you had no intention on returning to target.

In my area there is no such thing as an instant payout for any significant amount. If I won a lottery jackpot, I'd probably call off a few days while I verify the ticket, then submit my two weeks and work them out while I make plans with lawyers and financial advisors to collect the winnings.

If there somehow was an instant payout, where I could take my winning ticket into the gas station and the clerk would cut me a check, then yeah I'd give immediate notice that I won't be going back to work. No NCNS because I'm not that big of an asshole.

I don't think there are a lot of anti-quitting people on here. Just people who prefer not to be screwed over by TMs leaving without notice.

I would give 2 weeks, work them out, get a new phone number, and then claim the money without telling anyone.
I think it is best to give 2 weeks notice--just how I was raised, I suppose. Also, I don't think you can work retail without believing in karma in some form. At the least, call and quit--making the schedule 2 weeks out and not being sure if someone is still going to work there is just a pain.

Assuming I can keep my anonymity I would probably just keep working until they just really piss me off one day and walk out/two weeks it. Would rather keep myself busy with something rather than nothing sense knowing myself I'd probably end up burning through half of any money on something stupid.

I might want to work just a week driving whatever supercar I buy just to fuck with the STL.. Oh you drive a 6 series BMW? Oh I just bought a new Lamo(I would never own a lambo).. And btw here is my 2-weeks.. and say nothing of how I got a lambo.

Believe it or not, I would stay. I like my job. I'd consider just being a team member instead of a TL and dropping to part time, but I don't know if I would even do that.

Whenever I do quit, I'd give at least two weeks, maybe more. Quitting without giving notice does nothing to the ETLs, STLs, or anyone who actually has the power to make decisions over pay and benefits, equipment, or total store payroll. It only fucks over the other team members and maybe TLs.

I would give 2 weeks, work them out, get a new phone number, and then claim the money without telling anyone.
I think it is best to give 2 weeks notice--just how I was raised, I suppose. Also, I don't think you can work retail without believing in karma in some form. At the least, call and quit--making the schedule 2 weeks out and not being sure if someone is still going to work there is just a pain.

Having a new phone number is vital!! Not just for work related reasons... Family, friends and those closest to you as well!!

Honestly, I would keep my job. I would probably cut down my hours so I could have more free time, but I actually enjoy working, and I need something to occupy at least some of my time. It might be lame, but I start to get restless if I go a couple of days without working, so I would probably straight-up go insane if I outright quit. I guess it's a good thing that I have a job that I actually enjoy.

I would have claimed my prize came into work threw some cash in the air and tell off a few etls then walk out

I would not keep my job but I could then do stuff I do for fun as what I want to do..

Have a little shop and work projects.. Still working but on my terms..

I'd like to keep working (especially if I could really tailor my schedule) but I think the massive difference in financial situations would make things really awkward- even if no one knew I had money. There are people who do anything they can to add an extra 10mins to their shift to try to bump their pay a little...to know that I would be taking hours away from people who desperately need it would be a bit uncomfortable. I think I'd just feel guilty non-stop because of that, and hearing about TMs having to walk to work, or watching one of our old softline ladies drive to work in a car that's nearly as old as she is etc etc.

I would put my two week notice in. Then probably go back to school part time. Travel the rest of the time.

Really depends how much money I win.

My whole store is full of cool people, so i wouldn't out-right quit. But I would go from full-time to part-time so I can keep in touch, but I would definitely keep it to myself that I won the jackpot. Wouldn't even tell my extended family because my family is full of fucking leeches that would bleed me dry throughout the years because they need help with "rent" or "bills", I.E my sister.

Would I quit???

KD8GCkx.gif

Honestly I'd probably keep working. I do like my job and I like my coworkers and I probably wouldn't call out or outright quit because of them. I might reduce my hours or limit my availability though.

I know I honestly couldn't keep working cause the first time I got really pissed I would walk just because I could. Nothing would be making hold my temper any more. Think about that for a minute. It just would no longer be worth any of the BS cause you know you don't have to put up with it.

No. I think it would be really nice to work a job and know that if i got fired or felt the need to walk away, it wouldn't be a big deal. I'd change my availability though.

If my old STL, ETL, AND TL, were still at my store, I would stay. With my stores current leadership team, I'd put in my 2 weeks the next day. I'd give my 3 or 4 close Target friends money for the next couple months so they could quit right after me and find other jobs. Sorry shitty leaders, I'd take the good softlines people with me so none of us have to deal with your stupid shit. Then I'd pay off school, and probably find a job that I liked because I'd get bored not working.

I'd probably demote to backroom and work reduced hours and go to school.

Back