Write ups

So I was just wondering in what order if any does a write up come? So say your attendance came up about tardy, so would you get a coaching then a write up and is there a probation period or a final??

Lol I beg to differ. It's only been recently and besides this little bumb my work ethic is outstanding but I see what you're saying. Thank you. Cause they gave a verbal and next day right up but was not late

Lol I beg to differ. It's only been recently and besides this little bumb my work ethic is outstanding but I see what you're saying. Thank you. Cause they gave a verbal and next day right up but was not late

Let me explain to you how reviews are written (pretty much everywhere, not just spot)

1. A budget is put down for raises.
2. That budget is divided into general score groups (O, Ex, S, Avg, unsat, etc.)
3. Your leader gives you a score based on how they feel about you. This is generally based on the first impression and most recent impression. This is called the Primacy/Recency effect, or serial-position model in psychology. It is unlikely your leader has the perspective to break this type of perception, but possible.
4. Your review is written to match the score, not the other way around.

So your recent bump is the road will almost definitely factor in.

You should be coached first if it’s for being late, but a leader can let them build if it’s an everyday occurrence and slap a CCA on it. It’s not the best way of going about things but it’s possible. A good SD should over turn it if there wasn’t some history of coachings

If you need a TL to coach you to not be late you’re probably late often enough to deserve a write up. I drive farther than anyone else at my store to get to work and I’m always early. I plan on shit going sideways and leave early enough that if they do I’m still on time. I get that a lot of TMs rely on rides/public transit/walk/bike to work and they aren’t as in control of their timeliness. But the ones that call and give a heads up aren’t the ones being written up. They’re taking ownership of their attendance and responsibly letting us know what’s going on.

Now that I’ve said all that - I don’t know you or your Leaders or the situation you’ve found yourself in. Maybe you need to start 15 minutes later due to traffic after class or the bus schedule has been adjusted or something else is causing a repetitive hiccup in your plans lately. Being proactive and going to your Leader is definitely going to change the way they approach you about this.

Ok so my question was.. am I supposed to get a coaching first then write up correct?
Yes. Unfortunately, if your TL said anything to you about being late, they can consider that a coaching, or ASANTS, if they mentioned at a huddle that you attended that people shouldn’t be late, that can be considered a “blanket” coaching. Leadership makes the rules and holds all the cards, so if your TL wants to write you up, they will find a way. Sad but true.

You should be coached first if it’s for being late, but a leader can let them build if it’s an everyday occurrence and slap a CCA on it. It’s not the best way of going about things but it’s possible. A good SD should over turn it if there wasn’t some history of coachings
Most SDs don't even care to turn anything over in your coachings. Have they did then they wouldn't allowed it in the first place. Seems some are actually encouraging coachings to get rid of certain TMs that they don't like for no legit reason.

Most SDs don't even care to turn anything over in your coachings. Have they did then they wouldn't allowed it in the first place. Seems some are actually encouraging coachings to get rid of certain TMs that they don't like for no legit reason.

Speak for your store, pal. My SD is turning over CCAs to the point that the ETLs have been complaining to the HRBP. This reply and you’re last one makes you come off as completely entitled.

I have to admit to a certain amount of bias when it comes to the whole transportation and being on time issue.
I have never driven due to my epilepsy so have always relied on public transit,, rides, and my own leg power to get to work.
Except for when I have to rely on others, I can safely say I am always on time and usually early.
This includes the times when I rode my bike in -10F weather.
It just takes planning and being willing to leave early instead of at the last minute.

Bus schedules can be fickle though. The bus I needed to take could be on time (so I arrived 7-8 minutes early) or late (so I arrived 5 minutes late). No other bus option without walking for over a mile to one stop and then at the closest stop over a mile to Target. If I had to be there at 8am I had to cross my fingers as I would need to take the first bus of the day and so many other people needed the first bus of the day it was frequently late.

I really can't fault people who are at the mercy of a bus schedule and the timing with the store schedule is razor thin.

Bus schedules can be fickle though. The bus I needed to take could be on time (so I arrived 7-8 minutes early) or late (so I arrived 5 minutes late). No other bus option without walking for over a mile to one stop and then at the closest stop over a mile to Target. If I had to be there at 8am I had to cross my fingers as I would need to take the first bus of the day and so many other people needed the first bus of the day it was frequently late.

I really can't fault people who are at the mercy of a bus schedule and the timing with the store schedule is razor thin.
That’s true but as another poster said as long as you’re communicating with your store and it’s not an everyday thing, you’ll be fine. “Hey ETL, the bus is 5 minutes late, I’m so sorry, I’ll be there as soon as I can”

Back