Archived X-Mas Toy Flipping 2016 is in full swing - Hatchimals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I checked the mydevice for a guset today for the Hatchimals and it said that there weren't any on the way. Are they just going to ship them only once in a while?

I would love to know the answer to this question. Anybody from distribution have insight to what kind of stock we are looking at over the next month or two?

So that's what that huge Box of "Toy Catalog Shipper" is...

There goes my "I am gonna setup the shit out of this Christmas set mentality"
You only got one? Lucky you! We got two of them, stacked together. I don't know how much it weighs, but our stacker couldn't get it more than a foot or two off the ground.

Discontined soon has been happening a lot of areas. I start to pmt an area & I get told to stop doing it, because it's too early do it. Wait for the red label, then it's too late. I said, screw that. My shelves are empty. I am filling them up.
SFQ & research are not working like they should be. I did it in Halloween candy for 2 weeks. I had done SFQ & research, saw d-code soon. Then, comes on truck & gets backstock, does not become challenge or shows up in auto fills. I do a mnnual pull to fill location. Then, I get a boat load following week of candy.

Same thing is happening in toys.

Spot fix the system, please.

We are getting Hatchimals in on November 3rd. Finally! But rumor has it we're only getting 6 or 8 of them. Also, the MyDevice lists the product as "discontinued soon".

I don't even understand. How can it already be pending discontinuation? What is this supply demand bullshit?

I do not understand what is going on. We've had ZERO on hand for four weeks now with none scheduled to be delivered. Our truck was early yesterday so much of it was being broken down around noon. I was on my way to electronics to help out a guest and I see SIX Hatchimals on an end cap across from the iPads. After helping the guest, I went back to toys and only two remained on the end cap. Talked to the TL who was helping with the pallet and he said we got a dozen Hatchimals. Six went to the shelf location and the other six went to the end cap. All 12 were gone within the hour. Why did these not show as product which was on the way to our store??

Related, but unrelated, we have a Toys R Us in the same shopping center as us. I went to TRU on my lunch last weekend to pick up some Shopkins for my daughter - since our store is always sold out of the ones she wants. TRU was still in the process of breaking down their truck. I got the Shopkins and headed to customer service (the only open register). There was a line with over 20 people in it. WTF? Paging cashiers??? As it turns out, I was able to go to the front of the line because the 20+ people standing in line were waiting for Hatchimals to be found on the truck. They were scheduled to get 20 Hatchimals and were allowing 1 per person. When I left, they still hadn't found the Hatchimals on the truck.....

Just another typical day....

"Do you have Hatchimals?"
"Your website says you have them in stock."
"Could they be in the back?"
"I have quadruplets, I need 4 if you have them"
"Can you check other stores to see if they have Hatchimals?"
"Are you able to call me when you get Hatchimals in?"
"I drove clear across town because your website said you had them in stock."
"How do you not have them in stock, they are on the front cover of your toy book?"

Our on-hands were messed up at first, so I researched the shit out of them a few weeks ago and we haven't had anyone complaining about the website showing them in stock...yet.

Hahahaha my SrTL announced to us in a huddle that we are not supposed to put them on hold no matter how much the guest wants us too. This isn't going to sit very well at all

So many phone calls today:

"I need your Toy Department."

"Are you looking for a specific item?"

"Yes. The Hatchimals. The computer says you have them in."

"I'm sorry, but we're out of stock."

"But the computer says...!"

"Yes, I know. You are the (number) caller today asking. I physically walked over and checked the shelf; we have none."

All. Day. Long. Some ask when we are getting more in. I just say I have no way of finding out (which is true bc I never have a MyDevice). Like I even want to open those can of worms with people staking out truck days. Nothankyou.

Our on-hands were messed up at first, so I researched the shit out of them a few weeks ago and we haven't had anyone complaining about the website showing them in stock...yet.

One of the colors says we have them in stock and she was complaining.. told her sometimes the count is off.. truth be told it's been like that for two weeks.

I also didn't know there are three different DPCIs. Never seen them in the store before buy searched it in the PDA

I feel like at some point we might have to start spider wrapping them. I would honestly not be surprised if we did. We've had people steal Shopkins after all

I am VERY conflicted on this. On the one hand, I love that this guy just bought $800 worth of merchandise. That is good for us right?

Limiting to 2-3 items means less immediate revenue and the chance that these don't sell.

However, this guy also has a 90 day return policy, which means if they don;t sell, he is just going to return them and my store gets screwed. Who wants to buy a full priced Hatchimal on Jan 3rd? The flexible return policy kills us - maybe that is what should be limited in quantity?

My bigger issue is not with the original sale, but rather the return/repurchase using the discount. That seems excessive. Those coupons are meant to drive business into a store which hopefully spill into additional shopping. But in this case, the coupon was used to fuel somebody's X-Mas time profit taking.

while it is good to make a sale right then and there, you have to as a business owner thing of the bigger picture. By selling them to flippers/resellers we are hurting ourselves in the long run. guests will shop elsewhere and if upset enough maybe never come back at all and this will impact future growth in sales. A loyal shopper is more valuable and if you dont sell to a reseller they will still come back even if you treat them horribly. Top toy items will always sell there is no risk in it not selling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back