Archived Yep, it’s broken: A PMT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The introduction of Yammer is cool and all, but I hate how we just stopped Pm2Go altogether. There were posts on that with item #s or phone numbers that I would use. I just wish the old discussion threads moved over to Yammer.

The uniforms are fine. I didnt mind our current ones, we'll see how the new ones feel when we get them.

The new tools could be a good and bad thing, we'll see. I dont like how they are introducing it though. They're sending new equipment singularly, I wish they just sent everything altogether.

The PM Expense thing on SAP. I hate that they're now watching our Expense accounts, I feel like there are enough eyes on PMTs already, now we have to be careful on what we buy from SAP...

Also their obsession to mark Housekeeping red for everything ever, which messes up our PMBR score.

That bullshit Bounceback checklist shit, they want our Performance on PMs to be more legit but tell us to paint ever little spot that had gotten chipped. All within a few weeks.

Yay I get a PMD and PMBP visit tomorrow. An hour and a half of them shitting on me, YAY!
And I get to perform a PM infront of them. I love being a PMT for Target.

Appearantly im the only person who looks forward to these visits. My PMD is an enjoyable person so I don’t mind a visit. My PMBP is cool to. Only see her a couple times a year though. Usually if she calls something out it’s a far fetched pest condition that one store in the mid west had for an hour or something goofy.

On a side note if you look up “dock leveler” on YouTube the first video is an in depth look at maintenance. You know, since we don’t work on them.

Really? I wonder what circumstance led to this.
Not sure why he had them or for how long. I didn't even realize it wasn't normal until we got a new PMT and he looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him to open the keys lockbox.

The introduction of Yammer is cool and all, but I hate how we just stopped Pm2Go altogether. There were posts on that with item #s or phone numbers that I would use. I just wish the old discussion threads moved over to Yammer.

The uniforms are fine. I didnt mind our current ones, we'll see how the new ones feel when we get them.

The new tools could be a good and bad thing, we'll see. I dont like how they are introducing it though. They're sending new equipment singularly, I wish they just sent everything altogether.

The PM Expense thing on SAP. I hate that they're now watching our Expense accounts, I feel like there are enough eyes on PMTs already, now we have to be careful on what we buy from SAP...

Also their obsession to mark Housekeeping red for everything ever, which messes up our PMBR score.

That bullshit Bounceback checklist shit, they want our Performance on PMs to be more legit but tell us to paint ever little spot that had gotten chipped. All within a few weeks.

The SAP ordering thing is no big deal. You don’t HAVE to have an open WO for purchasing, it just makes it easier for PMBPs to gauge whether they need to have a talk with you about purchasing. Since we can’t buy for other departments anymore our numbers should drop naturally if you’re doing your job.

PMT’s who’s numbers stay sky high will have their accounts looked at.

PMT is a cake walk. If you’re stressing this hard then you need to stop the store support, best practice your position, and completely focus on EM, PM, CM, and FP in that order. Your LOG and STL will be mad but they can’t fault you if you’re having issues with PMBR. If you’re doing the job naturally then your PMBR numbers should follow naturally.

In all actuality every change that has occured in the last 2 months will benefit us and make life easier. PMT had a long run of being over looked for a while. The next 6 moths we’ll be under a microscope to make sure we’re following new policies then they’ll lighten up again.

Oh and that bounce back checklist was a blessing in disguise. I got a lot of shit done/opened WO’s for stuff I don’t check often enough

Not sure why he had them or for how long. I didn't even realize it wasn't normal until we got a new PMT and he looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him to open the keys lockbox.

I’ve heard 2 stories as to why we don’t have keys and specifically why the roof hatch is keyed to the front doors.

1) a PMT injured himself on the roof a couple years back and nobody knew he was on the roof because he didn’t tell the LOD (like they check on us anyway).

2) PMTs we’re bringing other TMs on the roof who had no reason for being there to hang out.

Both stories are plausible I guess.

I hate everytime they want me to paint especially something that takes me all day. I lose focus on the "walk" because I am focusing on one area that is time consuming. One day I'm painting something in the team member area and my PMBP shows up unexpected worrying about the exterior. Like you can't win sometimes. And I can't tell you how many walkies I got paint over because I had to stop my paint job to answer the walkie.

I hate everytime they want me to paint especially something that takes me all day. I lose focus on the "walk" because I am focusing on one area that is time consuming. One day I'm painting something in the team member area and my PMBP shows up unexpected worrying about the exterior. Like you can't win sometimes. And I can't tell you how many walkies I got paint over because I had to stop my paint job to answer the walkie.

Turn it off lol. Or accidentally be on 4 all day. Oops. And on the paint project subject (fuck painting) I have to paint 42 interior columns. If I do 3 a day I’ll have it done in 2 weeks :(

Turn it off lol. Or accidentally be on 4 all day. Oops. And on the paint project subject (fuck painting) I have to paint 42 interior columns. If I do 3 a day I’ll have it done in 2 weeks :(
Some of my columns I only painted half way. There is a slight difference in color but hardly noticeable. My PMBP wants me to column wrap them all. Its easy for some but others I'm gonna have to cut. A good chunk of mine are wrapped so that helps. Only ones that don't really have them are the ones with the plugs.

The SAP ordering thing is no big deal. You don’t HAVE to have an open WO for purchasing, it just makes it easier for PMBPs to gauge whether they need to have a talk with you about purchasing. Since we can’t buy for other departments anymore our numbers should drop naturally if you’re doing your job.

PMT’s who’s numbers stay sky high will have their accounts looked at.

PMT is a cake walk. If you’re stressing this hard then you need to stop the store support, best practice your position, and completely focus on EM, PM, CM, and FP in that order. Your LOG and STL will be mad but they can’t fault you if you’re having issues with PMBR. If you’re doing the job naturally then your PMBR numbers should follow naturally.

In all actuality every change that has occured in the last 2 months will benefit us and make life easier. PMT had a long run of being over looked for a while. The next 6 moths we’ll be under a microscope to make sure we’re following new policies then they’ll lighten up again.

Oh and that bounce back checklist was a blessing in disguise. I got a lot of shit done/opened WO’s for stuff I don’t check often enough

Neither Yammer, Uniform changes, or SAP purchasing changes makes our job easier.
Considering the new uniforms arent avaliable, but the old ones arent purchasable anymore, doesnt really help, especially if we have new PMTs in training.

I dont see much of a benefit of Yammer, at least not enough to warrant a change from PM2GO.

I can speak to all my orders on SAP, but the idea behind it is pretty annoying. Target should've had PMBP's review what falls under our expense as compared to a store's expense.
I was at my store for 2.5 years before being "tied" into it on SAP, so I would always have to change delivery address and the expense every time, since it was still under my old store.
So when Target did that switch, for about a week I couldn't order shit because it was charge a different store's PM account.

That also ties into, if we're covering a store without a PMT, they don't really give us an option of ordering for them, and I wouldnt rely on having the store team order shit.

And no, my PMBR #s are pretty beautiful.

Some of my columns I only painted half way. There is a slight difference in color but hardly noticeable. My PMBP wants me to column wrap them all. Its easy for some but others I'm gonna have to cut. A good chunk of mine are wrapped so that helps. Only ones that don't really have them are the ones with the plugs.

Mine are half painted too from a prior PMT. A couple columns that see heavy traffic are getting 4ft stainless guards on them to prevent future aesthetic issues. I thought about 3m on them and my PMBP called me a maniac to do that many. Paint it is then.

I legit painted 3 today a slightly whiter color, halfway up.
Like if you looked at it for a few seconds, you'll notice it, but if you're casually walking, you wont.

Also I lost my fucking Wave key somehow, do you know how we go about acquiring more?

I think they’re on SAP itself or under general parts on The Crown catalog. If you take one from the backroom to Home Depot a #250 key is the right for to make copies. I just had an old Wave picked up yesterday and the Crown driver didn’t even have his own key lol he borrowed mine to load it

Any of you guys have a decent relationship with your LOG? Heard from another PMT that we are going back to reporting to the PMBP in the coming weeks.

I’ve heard 2 stories as to why we don’t have keys and specifically why the roof hatch is keyed to the front doors.

1) a PMT injured himself on the roof a couple years back and nobody knew he was on the roof because he didn’t tell the LOD (like they check on us anyway).

2) PMTs we’re bringing other TMs on the roof who had no reason for being there to hang out.

Both stories are plausible I guess.

I guess that makes sense, but even if you had keys you'd still need someone to silence the alarm when you open the roof hatch.

Any of you guys have a decent relationship with your LOG? Heard from another PMT that we are going back to reporting to the PMBP in the coming weeks.

My previous LOG was pretty disliked within the store. He talked to people wrong, and they werent a fan of that.
He got loud with TMs and TLs multiple times. He tried it with me once and that was it.

He left me alone a good majority of the time, but the days he wasnt there were a lot more relaxed in general.

That's a shame. My ETL log is awesome.

Yammer is a travesty. You can't search for posts on the iPad, so you better like scrolling. Also, they didn't migrate any of the PM2Go posts, so the entire, searchable wealth of knowledge of pictures and sap numbers and whatnot are all gone.

My previous LOG was pretty disliked within the store. He talked to people wrong, and they werent a fan of that.
He got loud with TMs and TLs multiple times. He tried it with me once and that was it.

He left me alone a good majority of the time, but the days he wasnt there were a lot more relaxed in general.
My last 3 LOGs have given me zero support. They act like they give a shit for the first few weeks when they report, then like clockwork it falls off. I haven’t had a status in months. For the most part they leave me alone though, it just sucks that my review is written by someone who has very little understanding of what I do and why I do it, and shows no interest in learning.

That's a shame. My ETL log is awesome.

Yammer is a travesty. You can't search for posts on the iPad, so you better like scrolling. Also, they didn't migrate any of the PM2Go posts, so the entire, searchable wealth of knowledge of pictures and sap numbers and whatnot are all gone.
I believe you can search posts on the iPad. I remember seeing someone posted a screenshot with arrows pointing where to tap. I think I liked it, I’ll try to dig it up tomorrow.

My current one keeps me on my toes that’s for sure though sometimes she doesn’t trust my judgement. The one before that complained a lot but didnt hold his logistics team accountable for damaging fixtures and such. And the one before that actually gave me credit for my work but didn’t really pay attention to my numbers. My PMBP though has been kind of silent as of late as I don’t hear from him as much so not sure. The LOG position has kinda went away so not sure what direction we are going

My logistics team destroys the floors where they use the electric jack. For years I tried to get them to stop but never got backed on it. I just stopped changing floor tiles, so that whole area only looks presentable when we get a strip and wax. I’ve never had any pushback either on walks, I just tell them when the culture changes, I’ll change the tiles.

Idk how old any of you guys are but half the crap I see on Yammer is like old people Facebook posts. Then I see the PMTs selfie and it makes sense lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back