Archived Yep, it’s broken: A PMT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to be hands off too. I tried not to write work orders because my guy would have a game plan to attack but since the LOG and PMBP are both busting my nut more often, I’m writing the work orders more frequently.

We have a good retention at my store. Granted I only have two, they have been at the store a couple years already but I think the dude is getting burned out. After we fired the crew before, we went through a lot of crew changes in the transition period.

How the fuck do they do it with only 2 everyday? I have 2 and a part timer and even all 3 dont have time to get to my lot before store opening even though my store is the smallest in the district. Are you a Cam store?

How the fuck do they do it with only 2 everyday? I have 2 and a part timer and even all 3 dont have time to get to my lot before store opening even though my store is the smallest in the district. Are you a Cam store?
Nope. Because of our volume we only get 2. Sometimes the manager has to chip in if I tell him a visit is coming. They don’t do the lot pickup. Usually it falls on me to pick up trash. But I’d rather do that and have my other assets be green

I want a big cage. And some guys get an outside storage too. I don’t have that luck.

I’m wondering if I’m getting a remodel this year. There was a box labeled Drive Up Sign but it was just poles and addressed to PMT. Store isn’t on the current lists on WB but might be coming later in the year

I consider myself pretty lucky, I have 2 exterior storage rooms and I got really creative in light duty for more space. My cage also isn’t the wire mesh type, it’s an actual room so I have a decent amount of privacy.

That’s what I figured. We are strong in OPU and SFS. Other stores in my district usually get cool things first so this might be a first I get something first.

I consider myself pretty lucky, I have 2 exterior storage rooms and I got really creative in light duty for more space. My cage also isn’t the wire mesh type, it’s an actual room so I have a decent amount of privacy.
My room has metal doors too versus the cage style so I can’t complain. I use my Acorn room as my storage room though it would be nice to have external storage for my power washer

I should have it in my flammable closet but it’s too full of paint right now. I have a tub I setup for all my supplies to do power wash so I’m not taking forever just to take my supplies outside. It’s been mostly on that tub

I have had two PMTs.

One sucked ass and did things so poorly. Quote from my current PMT when we were putting up a power pole for Halloween: "I don't know how he (old PMT) didn't get shocked more often."

He's good, I just have to harass him nonstop if I need help with furniture building or shit like that.

The one before me was poor. He ordered a crap ton of paint and other supplies for projects that never got done when I took over myself and another PMT had to gut the place almost and throw a lot out. Many considered me an upgrade even though I didn’t know a lot. About a year ago I found documentation on just how bad he was.

As far as the drive up order pickup goes. I was looking it up. I think they will only retrofit the parking lot so the slots closest to the store will be available for the order-pickup. So remodel may not be necessary. A team member will get an alert that the guest is waiting and bring it out to their car. Should be interesting how it works out.

As far as the drive up order pickup goes. I was looking it up. I think they will only retrofit the parking lot so the slots closest to the store will be available for the order-pickup. So remodel may not be necessary. A team member will get an alert that the guest is waiting and bring it out to their car. Should be interesting how it works out.
It always sounds so easy in theory doesn’t it?

It always sounds so easy in theory doesn’t it?
We’ll still have guests park in the spots. Some are still grasping the concept of STOP, Handicap and NO PARKING. And getting someone to get the order in a timely manner should be fun.

If you fire housekeepers then the rest of the HK team will have to train new people leaving areas not cleaned as well or completely unmaintained. Having a HK team in constant turnover would just creat termoil on our end.

It’s incredibly hard to separate a contract with houskeeping, landscaping, and lot sweeping vendors. It takes multiple issues a month for a year or longer to even have the contract evaluated. That’s why certain companies who have been with target forever are dogshit at their jobs- they know they can get away with it.

I never though of it like that. We have a crew that's been around forever and they really do an amazing job.

Our order pickup spots are midway between the two doors.

I never though of it like that. We have a crew that's been around forever and they really do an amazing job.

Yeah it’s stuff like that nobody thinks of, ETL’s and even upper management who don’t know PM will say “so-and-so is garbage, get a better vendor ASAP!” And I’m like dude maybe you can call the PMD for me if you think it’s that easy.

My room has metal doors too versus the cage style so I can’t complain. I use my Acorn room as my storage room though it would be nice to have external storage for my power washer

Where do you keep the gas?

Bruh. I have an 8x8x8 office in a steel (with plywood walls and a real door luckily). Where’s my chem cab? It’s the file cabinet next to my door. Power washer? Next to the cabinet. Gas? Doesn’t fit in my cab and it ain’t going in my office so it’s.. “hidden”. I’d kill for a Conex container or something for storage.

The last 3 PMTs were pack rats. I still have gallons of 5-8 year old pant and parts for old fixtures we don’t have any more. This week is being spent completely cleaning house because I just haven’t been able too. The last PMT (who was promoted) just kept the store barely above red which is acceptable apperantly. The other 2 were dogshit from the stories I was told.

I’m making one last push during the next 2 weeks to finish up bounce back and I’m just maintaining til remodel in 19. I’m so burned out with painting. So. Much. Paint.

Bruh. I have an 8x8x8 office in a steel (with plywood walls and a real door luckily). Where’s my chem cab? It’s the file cabinet next to my door. Power washer? Next to the cabinet. Gas? Doesn’t fit in my cab and it ain’t going in my office so it’s.. “hidden”. I’d kill for a Conex container or something for storage.

The last 3 PMTs were pack rats. I still have gallons of 5-8 year old pant and parts for old fixtures we don’t have any more. This week is being spent completely cleaning house because I just haven’t been able too. The last PMT (who was promoted) just kept the store barely above red which is acceptable apperantly. The other 2 were dogshit from the stories I was told.

I’m making one last push during the next 2 weeks to finish up bounce back and I’m just maintaining til remodel in 19. I’m so burned out with painting. So. Much. Paint.
Thought about getting another flammable container but not a big sized one just enough to contain the gas and oil. But I spent some money on reventing my power washer among others so I better cool it on spending.

Painting burns me out too. I use my old clothes because I always end up with paint on me and sometimes in the walkies too. I have more areas that could definitely be repainted but can only do much.

I thought I was special with the Drive Up project. Turns out there’s a lot of stores in my market withthis project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back