Archived Yep, it’s broken: A PMT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it rolled out in Minnesota but now it is starting to roll out in more stores. It launches in April but they want us to assess the parking lot to ensure the spots don’t have any potholes

Are the signs just standard stand alone signs or are they permanent as in anchoring/coring holes to set it?

Why not only do it if they write a MySupport ticket for it?:rolleyes:

You don’t wait for mysupports when the boss’s boss makes a comment about it lol

Are the signs just standard stand alone signs or are they permanent as in anchoring/coring holes to set it?
What we got so far looks like a pole similar to the outdoor umbrellas with a bottom piece. Not a lot of info on it yet. I don’t think it’s permanent just a temporary marking I think.

It might be my old HRETL. She got promoted to the area PMT boss.

Not so good. I was missing some details and my PMBP was being hard on me. It was a surprise visit so wasn’t expecting him until today

uh-huh-huh-huh-you-said-hard.jpg

Not so good. I was missing some details and my PMBP was being hard on me. It was a surprise visit so wasn’t expecting him until today
Eh, we all have off days. Don’t know about yours but by the time my PMBP comes back around he rarely checks on anything from his last visit.

Eh, we all have off days. Don’t know about yours but by the time my PMBP comes back around he rarely checks on anything from his last visit.
Your lucky, mine remembers everything. That’s why it’s nice to have the store support me sometimes. I’m not lazy by any means. I missed a step on one of my extinguishers. Hoping I don’t get a write up for it.

Your lucky, mine remembers everything. That’s why it’s nice to have the store support me sometimes. I’m not lazy by any means. I missed a step on one of my extinguishers. Hoping I don’t get a write up for it.
I think that would be a huuuge stretch for a write up. What would the reason even be?

I think that would be a huuuge stretch for a write up. What would the reason even be?
Signing the card and not having the lock pin in place or having a work order to have it addressed. I did note another one damaged for a work order but this particular one I overlooked. He did the same thing with a PM back in the fall and I did a survey and missed a step and got written up for it. I think he is trying to push some PMTs out. He said he was doing more unannounced visits. I don’t think it’s just me either so I don’t take it personally. If I get pushed out, it was a nice gig while it lasted

Signing the card and not having the lock pin in place or having a work order to have it addressed. I did note another one damaged for a work order but this particular one I overlooked. He did the same thing with a PM back in the fall and I did a survey and missed a step and got written up for it. I think he is trying to push some PMTs out. He said he was doing more unannounced visits. I don’t think it’s just me either so I don’t take it personally. If I get pushed out, it was a nice gig while it lasted
Are PMBR numbers bad across the district? If he’s lighting a fire like that, it must be coming from somewhere.

Are PMBR numbers bad across the district? If he’s lighting a fire like that, it must be coming from somewhere.
my numbers are good overall. I know I have some areas to work on. I think it’s stems from the PMD walks last month and some of them probably didn’t go so well.

my numbers are good overall. I know I have some areas to work on. I think it’s stems from the PMD walks last month and some of them probably didn’t go so well.

I wouldn’t stress it too much. Schedule a fire extinguisher inspection so they can pin, seal, and tag em. It’s not a WO, it should be contracted by the fire prevention company via FMOC. I just had one.

If it was a performance out issue then you’d be nit picked from front to back of store about every paint chip, light bulb, non 3m’d door and you’d have PMBP visits every 2 weeks or more. If you’re that stressed about losing your job then you’re more than likely doing just fine. It’s the guys who think they’re king shit and can’t get fired who get the boot (and you find out the store is a disaster site behind the scenes when you cover it).

I’ll bet your PMBP probably has a store that’s derelict and wasn’t noticed for a long time until a PMD caught it so he’s being extra critical, like you said.

On a side note, I have a big carpet tile install I’m doing solo in the upcoming week. Has anyone ever used the carpet tape from matworks? Does it get applied in strips or a grid pattern? On all 4 corners? Individual tiles? Nothing on PM2GO as a how to and there’s nothing from their company online as far as installation.

On a side note, I have a big carpet tile install I’m doing solo in the upcoming week. Has anyone ever used the carpet tape from matworks? Does it get applied in strips or a grid pattern? On all 4 corners? Individual tiles? Nothing on PM2GO as a how to and there’s nothing from their company online as far as installation.
Ive used the carpet dots before to do a solo project but not the carpet tape.

I wouldn’t stress it too much. Schedule a fire extinguisher inspection so they can pin, seal, and tag em. It’s not a WO, it should be contracted by the fire prevention company via FMOC. I just had one.

If it was a performance out issue then you’d be nit picked from front to back of store about every paint chip, light bulb, non 3m’d door and you’d have PMBP visits every 2 weeks or more. If you’re that stressed about losing your job then you’re more than likely doing just fine. It’s the guys who think they’re king shit and can’t get fired who get the boot (and you find out the store is a disaster site behind the scenes when you cover it).

I’ll bet your PMBP probably has a store that’s derelict and wasn’t noticed for a long time until a PMD caught it so he’s being extra critical, like you said.

I just keep my cool if I’m being called out. I know he’s been in stores more frequently since we got a new DTL who has more standards than the last one. But even if my time is up, I don’t think I’ll have a hard time finding something different. I have a lot of other connections from my time at Spot who can vouch for me if needed.

I helped a store with this. We laid it out on the floor in a grid pattern, like graphing paper. Shit works too, I was shocked.

Crickets today about it today but that’s not to say I’m out of the woods yet

Pmbp came today and said to get rid of our space heaters. To hell with him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back