Archived Yep, it’s broken: A PMT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately that’s normal when a store is being covered. One guy cleaned the office at a store we were covering and a week later it was already destroyed. Heck I wasn’t able to really clean my office for 3 months when I started. When I got my store the previous PMT took the tools with him to his new store so I just made do with what I had and bought new tools as I needed them. Just don’t go crazy and buy $1,000 in your first month and you’ll be ok.

Only thing I'm aware of missing that I need is the portable vacuum and a battery charging dock.

Not the 4 20v one but a single battery charger which I have since found in addition to other items once thought missing. It was been one jam-packed month. The previous PMT truly said "fuck it" when it came to doing anything. The position was vacant for 6 months with many from the district covering. The most recent issue on my hands is powering my tree table in seasonal. Installing a power pole was one of several things my trainer didn't get to showing me. I poked around in my ceiling and fished a power cable from the hub to a power pole I positioned on my tree table and it didn't get power. Same issue with the second pole. I try the two with a different port on the hub with same results. Check the breaker and all the fuses are on including for seasonal. Called PMT who covered last Q4 and he said everything was fine when installed power poles. I made sure my connections with male and female were 100% so I'm lost.

Last edited:
Not the 4 20v one but a single battery charger which I have since found in addition to other items once thought missing. It was been one jam-packed month. The previous PMT truly said "fuck it" when it came to doing anything. The position was vacant for 6 months with many from the district covering. The most recent issue on my hands is powering my tree table in seasonal. Installing a power pole was one of several things my trainer didn't get to showing me. I poked around in my ceiling and fished a power cable from the hub to a power pole I positioned on my tree table and it didn't get power. Same issue with the second pole. I try the two with a different port on the hub with same results. Check the breaker and all the fuses are on including for seasonal. Called PMT who covered last Q4 and he said everything was fine when installed power poles. I made sure my connections with male and female were 100% so I'm lost.

Do yourself a favor and get a voltage tester like a Fluke Voltalert on grainger to see if the whips in the ceiling have power. I’d think there’s an issue with that power pole before an issue with ceiling power

I remember my first trim a tree set, it was very hard to locate parts needed and connecting points. I had to order parts just to make it work so took me longer to complete the set.

I was always curious as to these 2 questions. Any answers? @Fix It or any other PMT's?
1) They can only do what Spot allows them to do.

2) It's just a perk of the job.

If they aren't "certified" in certain trades (say, as a plumber), they aren't allowed to do those things (like plumbing) because apparently insurance wouldn't cover something going wrong (since they aren't certified). Even if the "certified" plumber takes 14 hours to do what should have been a 30 minute job.

I like my stores PMT, if there is a bad rush at the service desk, he sometimes will get on a register for a few guests if GSTL can't make it over.
Our ETLs don't even do that anymore! Don't think our PMT would do that, but he tried pulling an item from the backroom last month (I'm not wave trained and needed something for a guest). It didn't go well, but I appreciated the effort. Also picks up off the floor in softlines every once and a while.

Last edited:
So what about the time that there’s water leaking from a salesfloor case, or the baler goes down, or the fire alarm is blaring, or the auto door comes off it’s track. Are you jumping in to fix it? Or are you standing there watching the PMT go to work? Not trying to be rude, just giving a little perspective. Any other Target team member can cashier, there is only one PMT.
Um, actually, I ask if there is anything I can do to help. Sometimes I DO know what to do. Not in those particular cases you listed, but I do what I can to help my fellow team members, especially the PMT because 1) I'm aware of how much crap they deal with and 2) I'm somewhat capable of helping.
And actually, not just any team member CAN cashier. Otherwise the GSAs wouldn't be struggling for backup all the time.

Do yourself a favor and get a voltage tester like a Fluke Voltalert on grainger to see if the whips in the ceiling have power. I’d think there’s an issue with that power pole before an issue with ceiling power

No doubt about that. The box powers several ceiling lights nearby. But from what I'm hearing from many people I wouldn't put it pass the previous PMT to leave dead poles behind. It's two poles I tried.

No doubt about that. The box powers several ceiling lights nearby. But from what I'm hearing from many people I wouldn't put it pass the previous PMT to leave dead poles behind. It's two poles I tried.

Check that the whip in the ceiling is connected at the J box it comes from. If it’s connected then that Reloc might be bad or there’s a break in the wire in the conduit, which is very rare.

I was pretty sour about the guy who had my store before me, he’s still with the company and I’ve been fighting to bring him back to the district but my BP won’t because I ran my mouth about issues I’ve had. Turns out they were the PMT before him that caused it. Moral of the story: your BP knows you’re given a shit sandwich when you start. Be humble about it atleast six months before complaining about it. A couple years enroll and I’m still regretting things I said when I started.

Check that the whip in the ceiling is connected at the J box it comes from. If it’s connected then that Reloc might be bad or there’s a break in the wire in the conduit, which is very rare.

I was pretty sour about the guy who had my store before me, he’s still with the company and I’ve been fighting to bring him back to the district but my BP won’t because I ran my mouth about issues I’ve had. Turns out they were the PMT before him that caused it. Moral of the story: your BP knows you’re given a shit sandwich when you start. Be humble about it atleast six months before complaining about it. A couple years enroll and I’m still regretting things I said when I started.

I connected the whip myself as there were none available in the ceiling. The only solution I haven't tried was using the second whip in my office. I'll look into what you suggested as well, thank you.

That's unfortunate to hear though duly noted. Everyone, including BP and STL, have been frank with the condition of the store and culture that led to its current condition. Within my first two weeks some of the leadership told me they were unaware PMTs did half of what I was doing and appreciate that I care about the store, etc.

How much schmoney does the average PMBP earn? I ask because I met ours for the first time the other day and didn't realize he was a Target person at first because he was SO cheerful and upbeat.

How much schmoney does the average PMBP earn? I ask because I met ours for the first time the other day and didn't realize he was a Target person at first because he was SO cheerful and upbeat.
Ours is always pretty upbeat too (if it's the guy I'm thinking of). I thought he was the cleaning crew's boss for the longest time, lol.

Is that why the PMT at my store seems so grumpy lately?

Having been in the position for just over month I can't say much on that.

Did you guys get enough power poles for xmas tree this year? Seems more was needed than last year.

My store only has four available power poles with whips and outlets installed. Three of which can fit for my tree table yet non of them work. I've tried everything available to me with troubleshooting so I have a tech coming to figure out what's wrong. We've been explicitly told not to order power poles and such due to low volumes in warehouse.

I've been given a store that 1) didn't have a PMT for 6 months 2) wasn't cared for by the PMT in his final years and 3) has numerous broken assets and bad practices from poor team culture. All shoved on during Q4. My face everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back