Archived You Can't Clock Out Until...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartman

MasterBlaster (User has passed away)
You finish your zone!!!

Can the LOD keep the entire closing team 30 to 60 minutes (or LONGER!) past their scheduled shift, against their will?

I'm thinking NO.

Last edited:
Not necessarily but they will try to hold against you in other ways. Just make sure they understand you have to leave at a certain time earlier in your shift. Don't just throw them off guard.

Don't just throw them off guard.
WHAT! Isn't the LOD the one " throwing them off guard???

I mean, I'm scheduled to a certain time, so I make my plans around that.

I don't mind staying later but please ask me nicely, don't command me to do it!

I don't give a rat's ass if they "hold it against me."

Wd had an lod do this a few years back. It got to the point 3 or 4 tms would clock out and sit up front waiting when it hit our scheduled time. Its the downside of having payroll but on the other hand you get extra time with no guests micking up your stuff. I mean legally you can clock out your scheduled time but you run the risk of target politics not being a "team player". I would get on the walkie at the clock out time and tell the lod you need to go at your scheduled time if its a constant issue.

No they can't not let you leave. Idiot bosses try and threaten or play off that notion that employees don't know their rights or the thought of "If I leave they will cut my hours later".

Target seems to love these type of bad bosses.

If they do this all the time, leave at your scheduled time, but submit a punch correction if you wait 10min or longer to be let out of the building. For some reason punch corrections tend end a lot of crap when employees need to be let in or out of the building on time..

WHAT! Isn't the LOD the one " throwing them off guard???

I mean, I'm scheduled to a certain time, so I make my plans around that.

I don't mind staying later but please ask me nicely, don't command me to do it!

I don't give a rat's ass if they "hold it against me."
Good point there. LODs do like to throw everyone off guard throughout the day making everyone feel like they aren’t doing the right tasks. LODs like to bully to save their ass. More people need to tell them no so they can staff better to get zones done on time.

What chaps my ass is when they don't let you work your abandons (because it's ZONE ZONE ZONE!) until it's 5 minutes before you're supposed to clock out.

"Mr. Kartman, it's 5 minutes until close... please make sure your guests know we are closing! BTW, there are two carts of abandons at guest service! Please come and get them!"

Q6zAAIt.gif

Yea, FUCK THAT!

No they can't not let you leave. Idiot bosses try and threaten or play off that notion that employees don't know their rights or the thought of "If I leave they will cut my hours."

The issue here is they can and will cut your hours. Even if "best practice" exists against it. Quite frankly leaders know how to cut corners and screw people over just as much as we know how to get away with petty things for a period of time. I have seen it happen time and time again leaders will take out frustration and petty hate on a tm in the worst ways.

In a dog ewt dog worl professionalism is only a cloak to disguise the villian as an upstanding citizen. There is always at peast one etl in every store that is a villian in disguise. Statistically speaking

Morally no retaliation is never ok but we have all seen that morals are only convience not standard practice. It all falls back to one of the bigger failures of a big coporation. Nothing is actually regulated at store level as long as numbers roll in for share holders. They really have no motivation to care about the tadpoles because replacements are plenty whsn a shark gets hungry. Quite frankly I fail to see why policy matters since they are only guidelines. The pirates code of retail if you will.

Last edited:
I'm so glad my SS starts in August.

SOOOOO GLAD.

FUCK hours

Back during fourth quarter, I started to get an attitude, and I'd bring it up to leadership that if you want us to get out on time, don't have us working pulls until 8pm. I also was getting irritated at the fact we were being kept until 12am every night, so I started to bring up that are you really allowed to keep us? I then got coached.

S0, is that Target's best practice attitude?

What chaps my ass is when they don't let you work your abandons (because it's ZONE ZONE ZONE!) until it's 5 minutes before you're supposed to clock out.

"Mr. Kartman, it's 5 minutes until close... please make sure your guests know we are closing! BTW, there are two carts of abandons at guest service! Please come and get them!"

Q6zAAIt.gif

Yea, FUCK THAT!

Sure, I can come and get them I still have 5 minutes before the end of my shift. Where did you want me to push the carts to?"

Trust me - when unreasonable shit happens, I can become unreasonable!

Sure, I can come and get them I still have 5 minutes before the end of my shift. Where did you want me to push the carts to?"
"No, you must finish abandons then complete your zone before you can clock out. Thank you!"

Last edited:
Trust me - when unreasonable shit happens, I can become unreasonable!

"No, you must finish abandons then complete your zone before you can clock out. Thank you!"

Nope, not happening. Aren't you a CA? So what is your zone?

I'm not only a CA.

I'm usually in C and D, but I work everywhere but softlines and GS.

Fuck that.

I'm not only a CA.

I'm usually in C and D, but I work everywhere but softlines and GS.

Fuck that.
Lately I've been asked to start tasks 10 minutes before I'm set to leave more than ever. It's annoying to have to say no, I'm leaving in x minutes!

IDK. My old job we had it in our handbook we could flex and keep you up to an hour past your shift if business needs required it. We rarely used that. Also, we scheduled closing employees til Close- not a specific time. It was understood that the close wasn’t done until the store was clean and zoned. That was usually done about 30 minutes after we got the last customer out.

If the schedule said "until close" I would have no problem with that.

I would be aware of the no set time factor.

So basically it seems that being a part of leadership means having no morals and ethics.
I see daily examples of that everyday at work.

Don’t get me wrong, I know some amazing TLs with fantastic personalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back