Archived You Can't Clock Out Until...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically it seems that being a part of leadership means having no morals and ethics.
I see daily examples of that everyday at work.

Don’t get me wrong, I know some amazing TLs with fantastic personalities.

Not all, but the few examples are very few and far between. If the last one I had known hadn't transferred to a store farther away from me, I would have followed him. Cause even when it got shitty he would tell us "yeah its going to get shitty, here is why" He didn't lie to you.

Not all, but the few examples are very few and far between. If the last one I had known hadn't transferred to a store farther away from me, I would have followed him. Cause even when it got shitty he would tell us "yeah its going to get shitty, here is why" He didn't lie to you.

Well, ASANTS...

But I’m afraid it is true in my store.

I had a random cashier shift and the GSTL said I needed to stay until she told me to leave because other TMs were going to hit 8 hours if she kept them and I was working a 6 hour shift and could stay. I wasn't too happy since I was opening the next morning and I'm a SL TM not a cashier. But, I didn't say anything because I was on my 90 days and it's all about being a team player. We had a couple of really special guests who spent another 20-25 minutes shopping so it was 40 minutes late on the clock. Only had a few times working an extra 30 minutes or so in SL, mostly with zoning and always asked, not told.

It's very interesting on this board to see the contrast between people angsting about not getting hours and those angsting about getting too many.

Both ends of this stick are shitty, but I guess that's the new Spot?

no they will ask you if you can stay longer... plus you dont want to hit compliance backwards where you hit the 5th hr the other way around.

This thread isn't about compliance.

Closers at closing time have already taken a lunch.

Not at our store right now all our closers get 4.5 shifts and we are forced off the clock at the exact minute we hit 4.5. I miss yaving a full shift and actually getting something accomplished

Not at our store right now all our closers get 4.5 shifts and we are forced off the clock at the exact minute we hit 4.5. I miss yaving a full shift and actually getting something accomplished

Don't forget, the time clock will allow you to punch in 5 minutes early. I do every shift, and no one has ever questioned it.

I explained that already, but thank you.

This thread isn't about compliance.
Closers at closing time have already taken a lunch.
Not always, Kemosabe.
When I was a GSA I had to take my lunch early in my shift because the mid was leaving early.
ETL decided everyone would stay to zone & finish go-backs.
I warned him after we'd been zoning for an hour past close but he said to keep going.
By the time I got to the nearest timeclock I was a minute into noncompliance but it put an end to the late night zoning parties.

Not all stores have the ETL HR make the full schedule. I've been at stores where the ETLs make the schedule for their departments. Those generally "get away" with retaliation. Or in the case of closers only scheduling people that can stay late. So the TM may see it as retaliation, the ETL sees it as people who understand the needs of the business.

You finish your zone!!!

Can the LOD keep the entire closing team 30 to 60 minutes (or LONGER!) past their scheduled shift, against their will?

I'm thinking NO.

Hell no! I leave when I am scheduled to whether finished or not unless I am asked to stay and I FEEL like it. As long as you are there in between the hours that are printed on the schedule, then you’re fine. If they are literally not letting you go and your shift is over, then I would go to HR or someone above your LOD.

Not the hotline?

Mmmm thats a tough call I know the hotline was called on our old stl who would leave the car attendant outside at night for 45mins, basically until we had all clocked out and were leaving. He also constantly kept us an hour after our time and then wouldnt let us out foe another 30mins. Idk how many people called but it got him canned eventually. He had other problems though the worst being blatantlu disregarding a trans tms chosen prounoun.

In the end hotline calls depend on whether you think it will actually make something happen or if it will turn into a witch hunt with retaliation.

I just don't want to be abused.

I won't tolerate being abused.

I'm there to work, not get fucked.

Pay me OT & I'll zone all gawtdang night long!

Only use the hotline if you want to be anonymous. If you don't care about being anonymous then take up the issue with your ETL HR first and then, if things don't resolve, go directly to your STL. The hotline can't recommend any action. Literally all they do is call the store and say "Hey were you aware that an anonymous TM has this problem?" They keep you anonymous. It's quicker if you take up the problem yourself with leadership, but then it won't be anonymous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back