Archived You know you've been at Target too long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you've been at Target too long when...

You wake up early and read the clock as "5-P1-14"

You hand your TM discount card to the grocery store cashier

At home, you reach for your walkie to ask your (spouse/partner's) location

You start zoning the shelf while looking for your brand of whatever at the grocery store

You know which side of your walk-in closet is set reverse

Can't say I've done any of that.

I've done the zoning one and I have to stop and think in other stores to not refer to customers as guest. My brain now automatically changes the word customer to guest.:crazy:

Hahaha those are awesome. And that customer/guest one above is something I have to think about when I'm telling a story about work to someone outside of Target.

I tried using my red card at a Jcpennys once? But I organizing stores I go to.

I'm also bad if I go into any Target when i'm not working I have to stop myself from asking guest if they need any help.

--When you go to turn up your walkie while shopping in another target store
--you notice which endcaps haven't been set at your store that another store had set
--you see things at another store that haven't been clearanced yet but are at your store

Lol I definitely agree on the zoning the pantry and zoning while shopping other stores.

The worst for me was selling a RED Card to the guest in front of me at another Target. The cashier looked at me as though I was insane, but the guest applied. I'm also guilty of CIHYFS in other stores.

-FIFOing my pantry & bathroom cabinets
-my red/black & khaki is hung the same way in my closet
-whipping out my redcard instead of my visa at other stores
-restocking & cleaning the bathrooms daily....oh, wait! I have boys! Carry on.....

I love when guests try to sell the REDcard to their friends and family (or random strangers in line...what the heck do I care). It is a much better endorsement than me trying to do it, and it has made the sale on occasion. Occasionally they've talked their friend out of it, which is super annoying.

You're at target to shop on your day off and hear a walkie go off and instinctively reach to turn yours down, only to find out that you dont have one...

Edit: I haven't worked at Spot in over a year (i miss you guys!) and I *STILL* find myself doing this! :)

Last edited:
I understand the "zoning" when I'm at another store. I have to keep reminding myself not to straighten things up.

Also, going in to your own store on your day off......and find yourself picking up something off the floor to hang up or put on a shelf.

Anytime I am in a store, I have to keep my hands behind my back or holding my purse with both hands.

--When you go to turn up your walkie while shopping in another target store.

Yes! I do this often! Especially when I'm in my store on my day off.

You know you've been at Target too long......when you are telling guests where to find an item.....and you aren't even working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back