Archived You Matter Award?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we (TL's) nominate someone for one? Do we have to go through the ETL HR or STL, or is it something that an email can be sent to the DTL for?

In my store as long as it isn't logistics in any form you can be a hero..

TLs submit (to HRTL/STL) a small story/paragraph about the TM we think should be recognized. Then, at their Monday meetings, the ETL Team determines the 4 TMs for the month.

So...... the other TMs don't matter? Poor choice of words IMO.

Everyone matters !!! :) Hopefully.... your TLs are writing YOUcards on a regular basis (3-5 per day, DAY) and putting them on the board.
Then there's the Monthly "Award" Board ..... That's where the TMs that "matter-the-most-est" (;)) are recognized with a little story and their picture is posted. TLs submit a different TM every month (from all over the store) for the special recognition. The ETL Team picks their top 4 to highlight on the board.

At least I hope this is what the thread is all about :oops:.

TLs submit (to HRTL/STL) a small story/paragraph about the TM we think should be recognized. Then, at their Monday meetings, the ETL Team determines the 4 TMs for the month.
Your store gets 4????? Also it’s not drawing random TM names out of a hat???????

I’ve never heard of this until now, my store definitely doesn’t do anything like that. We just have the “because of you” card board that is exceptionally empty unless there’s a visit.

I’ve never heard of this until now, my store definitely doesn’t do anything like that. We just have the “because of you” card board that is exceptionally empty unless there’s a visit.

I make a very concerted effort to write YOUcards to the Team. I try to be specific about an accomplishment they've earned...... "Thanks, Sally Sue for pushing 5 pallets of shoes, and driving your business with a whopping 36% increase MTD in the Shoe Dept"..... or "Fantastic job, Billy Bob, for helping your Guest pick out their cruise wardrobe !! Your exceptional service led to a $700.00 sale ! I'm not one of those BIG CURSIVE SWIRLY WRITERS that make generic statements to fill the entire card ...... like....... "THANKS, TINY TIM, FOR GREAT GUEST SERVICE. Duh.
Last company I worked for.... I was awful at recognition. But, I look at it differently now. I see the value in it..... especially when it's genuine.

Even when it's genuine, there is NO "value" in "recognition."

Seriously!

I'm not one of those BIG CURSIVE SWIRLY WRITERS that make generic statements to fill the entire card ...... like....... "THANKS, TINY TIM, FOR GREAT GUEST SERVICE. Duh.

This is my store's entire leadership team lol. They haven't done the you matter tm of the month thingy in like a year as far as I know, though. They're doing a project recognition thing where each month you can earn things based on how many cards and guest survey mentions you get. All the cards on the wall are ETLs writing to each other because they're embarrassed by the empty wall, I guess. Whenever I see that, I write cards for every tm I can think of. I don't think recognition is a requirement but when all of it is out in the open and it's only between various leaders it's a little shitty.

Even when it's genuine, there is NO "value" in "recognition."

Seriously!

Kartman..... I dig you! You make me laugh! :D So....

I genuinely want to know WHY you think this way? What do YOU equate "value" with/to? Some, maybe even, most people want to be recognized for "something". I want the Team to know that I "notice" the hard work they do. I personally can't pay them more, monetarily speaking....... but I can make them feel valued and important.
I know the Team is "frustrated" at Target and the expectations that are thrown at them everyday. But if I make a point of validating their efforts and time.... then the frustration is lessened. If I acknowledge the Team with YOUcards, and 150 other people (TMs) read it, that makes them feel special.
In addition.....My Team loves treats and sweets! So, I try to make them goodies as often as possible. It's a little "reward" for them.

Personally..... I don't really care if there's a YOUcard written out for me. That's not where I find my "value". But it does work for a lot of other people.

We just have the “because of you” card board that is exceptionally empty unless there’s a visit.

Ours is pretty full, but I don't think they ever get taken down. It's not like anyone puts a date on them or anything so they know for sure how long they've been up there. I've also never seen anyone looking at it. I wonder how many people have cards up there and have no idea.

tHSxndK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back