Archived Z-racks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I was just wondering how we can do z-racks faster. I am pretty slow at this compared to others I've seen. Part of it is that I just started, but I've been told I'm expected to do all the z-racks on my own and my shift is between 4 and 5 hours long typically. With help, I usually take the entire time to finish. Without help, I can probably only do half and want to know what I can do to get better.

Sort sort sort. I do this with everything and it helps it go out so much faster. Note how your floorpads are laid out. Put all the items you know are in the same area together. Merona with Merona, Mossimo Suply Co with MSC, etc etc. Arrange it so you never have to wander around in circles and can be in one area, get all the items that belong there out, and not have to return again. Never wander around too long looking for one item. Chances are, you could look forever and never find it. Rather, I would just put it back on the rack, and move onto the next item. You'll probably end up spotting it when you're not even looking for it :)

Not sure if you're talking about push or re-shop, but if it's re-shop, don't forget to separate out the clearance items. The few times I've done softlines re-shop, I've looked all over the place to find where an item was supposed to go, only to realize later that it was on clearance.

If it is re-shop that you are doing, do just the re-shop. DO NOT pick-up clothing that is on the floor. When you pick-up stuff while trying to re-shop you lose a ton of time picking up items.

When my store first opened I was AWFUL at re-shop. For some reason "matching" is hard for me. To help me out with re-shop, I got some pointers that helped me.....perhaps they'll be helpful for you, too.

1) Learn the floor plan.....learn the flow of where things go.....usually a "brand" is in the same area all of the time. Our store goes SwimWear....Exhileration...Mossimo...MossimoBlack against the back wall....Merona.....Cherokee....and once you know the areas that helps. Also be aware of the style of the clothes. Exhileration is TEEN. MossimoBlack tends to be women's business attire.

2) Get out all CLEARANCE prices first.

3) When looking to match items I always forget that the items come in several colors....so I remind myself to look at the STYLE not just the COLOR.

4) When all else fails.....LOOK at the price point and match the sign that it goes to.

5) Only do one thing at a time.....EITHER re-shop OR zone. If you try doing both, you won't get either job done.

6) Hope that you have some super re-shoppers over in softlines that are willing to help you. (It was my super re-shopper who helped me out and taught me these things.)

I never got to be super speedy, but I did improve.....and I stopped letting my Softlines LOD make me paranoid about my "slow" work. When my TMs told me that they saw that I was getting much faster, I was happy.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back