Archived Zebra MyDevice Not Turning On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently my store is experiencing a plague where the devices won't turn on even after switching batteries. We are doing remodel soooo its terrible. This is the 5th equipment that went down this week.

May be stupid answer but make sure the battery is in all the way, the two buttons for removing them should be all the way out.

Otherwise if it’s the 5th why hasn’t anyone called CSC?

The case could be preventing the device to not turn on. It that's not the problem then call CSC

We had a few that you had to bend the whole thing a little bit while pushing the button to turn on. Put pressure on the top half of the screen and press the button

We had a few that you had to bend the whole thing a little bit while pushing the button to turn on. Put pressure on the top half of the screen and press the button

If it takes that much that device should be sent in for repair.

I think my store would crumble with 13, we have about 40 and it's still not enough. Especially now that SFS uses about 8
We weren’t low volume either. At least 10 were in ship all day.

If we didn't work with a bunch of children masquerading as adults, we'd probably have plenty of equipment. So VERY tired of TMs that use the device then toss it on the guest service desk to lay there all night not charging for the morning team (who needs the devices MORE than they do) to find. OR they use it in the backroom and leave it in a waco. So tired of lazy assholes who can't put things up where they got it from and have no respect or consideration for others. If you can't be bothered to put the equipment away then you DON'T deserve to use it! Plain and simple....... /end rant/

Most of the issues where I sent equipment off is the power/lock button stops working/responding. I get a replacement in about a week. My store has 25 myDevices. ULV.

When a store has 13 mydevices you can’t send any in for repair that still technically work.

then it is even more important to send them out ASAP, cause to me if it when it goes to sleep and won't turn back on - It's NOT working.

The case might be the issue., Ck & see if the my device is up to date on software. Also, some tm’s decide to play on certain settings on a my device.
Very few settings can be adjusted. Only accessibility ones, which are easy to undo in said app.

Very few settings can be adjusted. Only accessibility ones, which are easy to undo in said app.

You can actually do a lot of modification if you know how the system works. At the core they are Android devices connected to the internet. The ones we get back "different" tend to be from bored electronics team members. Device reset is a thing that fixes a lot of issues when all else fails.

There is a minimum number of devices the store should have on hand if you don't have the minimum your ETLGE should order more.

Not having equipment is inefficient and waists time.

We have this happen sometimes too, and just place the device in the charging cradle to turn it back on

Although this work at times, it's only temporary before you have to do this another 5 times during the day. Such a pain.

Last edited:
MyDevice orders have to be approved by your DTL.

It's still the ETL or STL responsibility to be the squeaky wheel.

It only takes 4 team members not being able to get MyDevices 20 min (4% of an 8 hour shift) over 3 months to cost the store over $1000. That doesn't include any lost productivity time if they are told to do their job without a device. Can I use the floor scanners to get locations for push? Sure but at an extra 5 seconds an item to walk back and forth from the scanner I've lost 20 productive minutes pushing just 240 items. HBA repacks anyone?

Last edited:
After so many times of changing batteries, the contacts can wear down so we leave the battery in the device when charging it in the cradle.

After so many times of changing batteries, the contacts can wear down so we leave the battery in the device when charging it in the cradle.

Try cleaning the contacts with rubbing alcohol. If the contacts are really worn down you can bend them back into place, but cleaning the contacts is more likely the issue. Also the useful life of Lithium Ion batteries drop substantially if they go to zero instead of being recharged at 40%. Batteries in a commercial setting should be switched out every 2-3 years max. So the first my device batteries should actually be getting ready to swap. We've had our first 2 batteries die right around the 1.5 year mark.

Last edited:
MyDevice orders have to be approved by your DTL.

MyDevices can be ordered on SAP now by your GE. I don't what the hell they did to bring the cost WAYYY down but they cost about $26 now. The quoted delivery time is 35 days but mine came in 45 days. Search Zebra Fast Ship on SAP.

Did anyone ever actually receive the fabled $26 myDevice? And did it actually only cost their store that much?

Although this work at times, it's only temporary before you have to do this another 5 times during the day. Such a pain.

I agree it is a temporary solution, but it works for me for flex because the device is in constant use. We only have one, maybe two, with this problem

I believe it's the equipment accounts @tmap98. You can use that account for different types of equipment and repairs so long as you're under budget you should be good. At least here it's only when you're over that you need approval.

Also always use Q4 to stock up on basic equipment like extra batteries. They may give you a hard time for extra devices but extra walkie batteries, RFID batteries, MyDevice batteries, and hip printer batteries are just as important and you can limp along much easier with a fully charged battery in a device than you can with a bad battery and bad device.

They charge the store $800 per device later under some account. I haven't received any yet, but I'm also trying to just get us back to allocation.

Where does it say they'll charge $800 later? Both myself and my STL looked into and couldn't find any other charges besides the $26.

GVP stated that the $26 is only the shipping charge and that the store is still charged a full 800 later.

Did the GVP send out an email or something? I'm trying to find the documentation where this was stated. I checked everywhere before I ordered and didn't find anything. Then my STL double checked when they came in and couldn't find anything either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back