Archived Zebra question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
I was wondering if when you search something on a Zebra, in myWork, if there's a way to filter the products to only products that your store carries?
Ex of why this is needed/wanted:
Somebody asks me if we carry a certain brand of something. I type the brand into myWork and there's like 100 results, so I have to scroll through all the items to see if there's any that come up with an Aisle number on the right hand side. Is there an easier or better way to do this?

MyWork for some reason has been having that problem lately, blame it on the programmers that target hired to port it over to android from IOS. It shows online items, your store, and just in general items that other stores carry.

Yeah, it's a little ridiculous. Even keywords used to work a little bit better on the iPods. I do like the Zebra, though. Surprisingly, the battery lasts all day for me.

MyWork for some reason has been having that problem lately, blame it on the programmers that target hired to port it over to android from IOS. It shows online items, your store, and just in general items that other stores carry.
Oh, I didn't realize it was a problem, what's supposed to happen/what used to happen? It would be so helpful because it's really annoying having to scroll down 100's of items of online shit just to find the one or two versions of the product we do have, or waste a few minutes of a guests tike scrolling only to find nothing..

what's supposed to happen/what used to happen?
Before Spot pulled a Spot, it would only come up with items in your location. It wouldn't show every single item target sells online or other stores, and it was much easier to find stuff.

It's annoying but if I absolutely can't find the exact item someone is looking for, I'll go to Target's website and type in whatever it is and just type in the DPCI from the site.

What I don't like is you have to type/spell the item EXACT....there is no autocorrect. So if I type "fidget spnner" or "Massimo"...it brings up "item not found." It really should have an autocorrect option IMO.
I agree, it's the worst! Especially since I'm used to typing on iPhones, I make mistakes all the time when using android and have to type it super slow to get it right.

If your looking for something specific-search on .com then click read all details to get the DPCI. Do the search in my device that way. Saved me so much time. If the guest is looking for something basic like trash can then you will get billion pages on mydevice. Narrow your search down to brand name or different versions of the product name.

If your looking for something specific-search on .com then click read all details to get the DPCI. Do the search in my device that way. Saved me so much time. If the guest is looking for something basic like trash can then you will get billion pages on mydevice. Narrow your search down to brand name or different versions of the product name.
So, ex: someone asks where shower curtains are. Our store just remodeled everything literally yesterday, so I have no idea where everything is at the moment. Do I just type in shower curtain on .com or what would you recommend?

So, ex: someone asks where shower curtains are. Our store just remodeled everything literally yesterday, so I have no idea where everything is at the moment. Do I just type in shower curtain on .com or what would you recommend?

Anyone that has gone through a remodel can you tell me what the best practice is for this?

Make a cheat sheet on where items move to with aisle number & communicate/give copies to your fellow team members. Don't forget to tell pharmacy folks, front end gs, & GSA/gstl, too. It will help avoid most radio calls, like "like where is".

For ex: cat litter c42, band aids a12, etc. using common items for reference. I had kept a master copy, updated daily.
I used 1 piece of paper(using both sides), folded into 4 sections with date at the bottom.
1. HBA/chemicals/pets/paper
2. Domestics/furniture/seasonal/infant Gondolas
3. Electronics/toys/stationary/sporting goods
4. Market/pfresh

Soft lines is not really done, because their floor space was reduced during our last remodel.

I hope this helps.

I'm not sure about myWork but if I'm not mistaken, the Target app will let you filter search results by what's on hand at your store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back