Zebra SmartCount app

I’m so glad they added that. Our last inventory was a shit show because they didn’t send enough devices, so most our scheduled inventory team members had to wait hours until the second round of devices was able to delivered to us. It was awful trying to quickly catch up and finish for the day.

I’m so glad they added that. Our last inventory was a shit show because they didn’t send enough devices, so most our scheduled inventory team members had to wait hours until the second round of devices was able to delivered to us. It was awful trying to quickly catch up and finish for the day.
Self count or WIS? This won’t help WIS

Self count - a lot of stores are breaking away from WIS because of how unreliable they are
I know. I’m just surprised because the way they made it seem is they were extremely short on counting devices and I find it unlikely they needed much more than 100 devices. Wis brings a lot less than what target supplies.

Last edited:
What’s the difference and what’s what lol
WIS is the company target has historically hired to come in and count your store. More recently WIS has been having staffing issues like everyone else so Target started having TMs support by counting apparel in some markets but it was still WIS run and WIS equipment.

Self count is a process target started doing and it’s currently in phase 3 of the roll out where about 400 stores this year are counted 100% by target team members and target owned equipment. By 2025 the goal is so be 100% self counted besides the random remote stores that can’t support having team members from other stores come to help count.

WIS is the company target has historically hired to come in and count your store. More recently WIS has been having staffing issues like everyone else so Target started having TMs support by counting apparel in some markets but it was still WIS run and WIS equipment.

Self count is a process target started doing and it’s currently in phase 3 of the roll out where about 400 stores this year are counted 100% by target team members and target owned equipment. By 2025 the goal is so be 100% self counted besides the random remote stores that can’t support having team members from other stores come to help count.
Might be regional, when I was an employee it was RGIS who did the annual inventory

Back