Archived Zoning, didn't finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night was my first day of zoning by myself. I was assigned C and D, home improvement and bedding.

I finished all of D and half of C, and I cleared my reshop cart. I feel like I didn't do a good job because I didn't finish both. My TL said I was fast, but I feel like she was just saying that to make me feel better or keep me motivated. I had 4 hrs to do this, and I feel like I'm moving things on the shelf that shouldn't be moved. The main AP guy made a comment to my trainer saying that I was "Touching". She pretty much said that I was moving things that were fine. But from what I understood from my training is that the items must over the diamonds and thats what I was doing when he said this. I wonder if this is why it's taking so long to complete C and D.
What do you guys think?

If it's only 2 sections bedding & home improvement, should been done. But, if You mean all domestics(towels, drapes, frames & home storage), then you did the best you could do with time allowed. Oh yeah, don't forget going for back up on register too.

If your store is like mine where C&D is bedding, towels, home improvement, decor, lamps, and plastics - then I feel like 4 hours is more than enough time to complete those areas. I tend to have weaker zoners in that area because it just doesn't get shopped as much. However, if you're new to zoning or Target, it takes a while to have a system that works for you.

Some people will zone all of C, then D. I will do C1, D1, D2, C2, etc. You'll get better, it just takes time.

It's literally all bout repetition. Getting a good memory of where things should be and where they are off. Also, scanning takes up a lot more time than it should. Learn to read the UPC to distinguish where something should be. And don't touch something that doesn't need it. People are shopping these areas all day, it's not got to be perfect, one main reason you're assigned to doing that is items being in the wrong place and guests getting mark downs for the wrong item being placed in a different spot at a different price. Once you get a feel for the entire store (I'm assuming you're fairly new) it will be much easier for you to be quick. Don't worry just do your best in every area they put you. Theyl keep using you and youl get hours. Once you get a feel, experiment with different tactics and techniques.

Some people will zone all of C, then D. I will do C1, D1, D2, C2, etc. You'll get better, it just takes time.
This is how I'll normally do it as well. If a particular aisle looks good, I'll leave it for last, you want to focus more on the aisles that are noticeably messy then go back and do touch ups on the others. Also, if possible (and it's not always possible considering people in domestics are called go back up constantly), zone throughout your shift as much as possible. Even if it looks good, constantly doing touch ups when it's not busy is key, that way you're not overwhelmed by several messy aisles.

Know the planogram numbers 0-0-0 and always try to work your reshop as you zone. Always check your reshop at the beginning of your shift and returning from breaks.

I found that if you zone the bulky/large items first or lightest hit areas first. They will be hardly touched by closing.

Towels/Market/Chemicals/Toys/HBA are usually the hardest hit areas and take the most time.

Know the planogram numbers 0-0-0 and always try to work your reshop as you zone. Always check your reshop at the beginning of your shift and returning from breaks.

I found that if you zone the bulky/large items first or lightest hit areas first. They will be hardly touched by closing.

Towels/Market/Chemicals/Toys/HBA are usually the hardest hit areas and take the most time.

Did this for two years and it was a nightmare, I would zone 4 aisles, then start over and zone 8, then start over and zone 12, etc... made it look like it wasn't touched all day when i left though, and never required "touch-ups" which in market is anywhere between "slightly touch and completely destroyed"

The one thing about C and D however, is that it will get more carry outs, easily, than anywhere else in the store, and that can clearly set you back.

I wouldn't be concerned. C&D are the easiest parts of most Targets with that layout and you aren't obligated to make it perfect. Hit endcaps over n over, keep the easy aisles zoned early cuz reshopping of those is super...easy and hit the tough aisles after the first hour or so of your shift. Stay on reshop/gobacks/abandons whatever your store calls em and keep zoning the funky aisles. Pull enough forward to make it look good on a walk through. Perfect aisles are a dream, not a reality unless the store is dead as hell.

And one last thing people think is stupid at my store but I walk my section every half hour to see if anything has been left on the ground...it helps if an LOD or just a random leader walks by. You can always say you just walked by there 10 min ago. You aren't expected to walk your area every 10 minutes but if you walk it every half hour real fast, you can guest service some folks and keep 3shit off the ground. Yeeeep I'm teachers pet. =3

The one thing about C and D however, is that it will get more carry outs, easily, than anywhere else in the store, and that can clearly set you back.

Haha that is true, I forget about that since I don't get to work C and D much....for some reason my TLs give it to lazy people. Oh, maybe I do know why. SMH I'm either electronics or A and B. Thank god my TLs know I dont know shit about cosmetics and assign a slow cashier to work it when checklanes are slow. I still prefer electronics and flow shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back