Archived “Ownership” with only 18.75 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
WC (Return To Work is what it’s called when they’re injured but we’re making accommodations and working them) does get billed out, it does not affect a store’s payroll.
So it would make sense to schedule the WC TM as many hours as that person could work or would want to work. At the least it would help get the workload completed and possibly reduce the stress of other TM's. It's just sad to hear and see so many committed employees overworked and under appreciated. At least that's what's happening at the stores I'm familiar with. Seems like there's a huge disconnect between corporate and what's actually going on in the stores. It's just a matter of time before all this starts affecting the guest.

So it would make sense to schedule the WC TM as many hours as that person could work or would want to work. At the least it would help get the workload completed and possibly reduce the stress of other TM's. It's just sad to hear and see so many committed employees overworked and under appreciated. At least that's what's happening at the stores I'm familiar with. Seems like there's a huge disconnect between corporate and what's actually going on in the stores. It's just a matter of time before all this starts affecting the guest.

I feel like Q4 is when it will all start coming home to roost. 80%+ newbies during the biggest sales season of the year will spell trouble.

Is it true the salaried positions get bonuses, so cutting payroll is one way they aquire big bonuses?

Not really.
It's more complicated than that for the bonus.
@bikebryan could explain it but I'm sure he's tired of doing it.

What they don't get if they keep payroll in line is shit from above.
The more they can cut and still get the work done, the less phone calls and inspections they have to deal with.
That makes their job less stressful.

Is it true the salaried positions get bonuses, so cutting payroll is one way they aquire big bonuses?

Not entirely accurate....it’s not just about slashing payroll. It’s actually about meeting the required payroll budget.

Let’s say your store receives 3500 hours, and you spent 3900 on payroll to come clean on whatever project or truck or whatever it is you overscheduled, now that means sometime that month you have to cut 400 hours to meet your payroll budget because you blew 400 more than you were supposed to.

The bonus is from keeping in line with payroll budget and not overspending, not necessarily “cutting” it arbitrarily. Most stores overspend payroll on truck and other areas. I don’t know if any TM can view but as a TL I can see the payroll in the MPM app and a lot of times I would see how much we overspent on payroll.

And overspending is really a form of bad management at times not scheduling strategically. Though in most cases, sometimes corporate does give too little which the ETL/SD can fight for more hours. But the SD allocates the hours for the workcenters, so idk it’s a little more complicated than just slashing.

Stores aren’t trying to cut payroll too low just for the sake of a bonus. If they get 3000 hours for the week but only spend 2700 then next year corporate will give them less hours, because if they can do it this year they can repeat it, right?

If your store is overspent they’ll try to trim what they can, mostly not replacing call offs.
If you’re making sales they will work to replace the call outs and the payroll.
If your store is comping up they’ll look to add hours. You’ll know if you’re crushing it when they’ll let just about anyone stay late and work on stuff.

There is a lot more that goes into every decision made. I tried to strip it down to the basics so it’ll be more easily understood.

This week my store is allowing 40 hours. You just have to ask your Etl or the sd. I have a shoe set and took 40 but I would have gotten hours anyway.

Not really.
It's more complicated than that for the bonus.
@bikebryan could explain it but I'm sure he's tired of doing it.

What they don't get if they keep payroll in line is shit from above.
The more they can cut and still get the work done, the less phone calls and inspections they have to deal with.
That makes their job less stressful.
If all the numbers are good, Jupiter is in the house of Pices and Uranus is clean (bwa-ha-ha-ha), a bonus "could" be bestowed upon management - but it's not as big as you might think.

Payroll? Not really a part of ETL bonuses. I can't speak to STLs. However, we did have to send messages every day BEFORE NOON to our DTL regarding where we were with payroll THAT DAY. Mind you, we had no idea where we would end up by that night. 50 tour buses could show up, totally destroy the store that night, resulting in a lot of overtime that night. Yes, we could have sent the staff home on time, but one or two ETLs could not properly recover the store. So we would leave as well and face the wrath the next day.

One more reason I quit retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back