Archived $10.00 Minimum Wage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you are confirming that Target minimum wage will be going from the current $9.00 to $10.00, to obviously match Wal-Mart's minimum wage around April 1st ?
Yes. At least in my group. I'm 99.9% sure this is chain wide. Makes no sense to pick and choose who goes to $10 starting pay and who doesn't.

Sounds to me like logistics TMs with a high review score at a store that performed well could end up at or above $11

I'd like some of that please!

Doubly confirmed here. It will go into effect with your merits but will go in BEFORE the merit increase (so you get to "keep your raise").

So if someone is at say 9.25, will they then go to 10.00 and then their annual raise was like 10 cents they'd then go to 10.10?

Or will it be, 9.25>10.25>10.35?

It would be 9.25 to 10 cent raise to 9.35 then raise to minumum 10.00. No more no less. So even after 3 or 10 years you make the same as a newbie.
That's not how it worked last year. Every TM got bumped up to the new minimum (if they were below it) and then got the merit raise on top of that. In the example above, it would be 9.25 -> 10.00 -> 10.10 (assuming they are at N3).

Yes but hours were not this bad last year. Cuts cuts cuts around every corner.

Well, I hope we do go to $10.00 minimum wage, but I am not going to get my hopes up until I see it on the news or hear about it from my TL, ETL, or STL.... Fingers crossed!!!

OMG! Yes Please make it happen! I actually dislike working 4AM shifts because it's too early, but this would make things much better. I would really love it. Especially with Flow since we make 30+ hours usually OMG

I talked to my ETL he said he doesn't know much about it yet, but if it happens it'll be like last year: whatever it is in order to reach $10 + whatever your ETL gives you in your raise.

I talked to my ETL he said he doesn't know much about it yet, but if it happens it'll be like last year: whatever it is in order to reach $10 + whatever your ETL gives you in your raise.

If it is happening in April, they probably know by now. They are probably being told to act clueless about it until its officially announced by headquarters. Knowing Target, they will release it through the media first, then we will find out. Of course, our TL's/ETL's/STL's will pretend they just found out also. We are not idiots, the team members are always the last to know anything!!!!

federal minimum wage here is still just barely above $7/hr. Target's min wage here though is $9.40/hr.

I'll just say we've already been given word among our leadership team that the new minimum wage here starting in April will be $10.30/hr. Then reviews will roll out directly after - that way everyone gets a raise if they're below $10.30 and then also gets their review raise.

I am just trying to figure out how this can affect me. The pay grade scale is no longer a thing so today I got told all team leads were receiving a little bit of a raise because of this. If the company is going up to $10.00 will I see any compensation for that? I mean I make more than it but I have worked my ass off to get the pay I have and I feel I should at least get a percentage of a raise. I have worked 4 years to get 6 dollars worth of raises through promotions and yearly reviews. I would like to be able to at least get a portion of what everyone else is getting. Makes me mad I didn't start later I would be sittin pretty right now and not considering employment elsewhere. I could be making 4,000 more a year.

I am just trying to figure out how this can affect me. The pay grade scale is no longer a thing so today

I don't think TGT understands pay scales and grades.. as the way they do it, and the way my past career did it, is not even remotely close.

. If the company is going up to $10.00 will I see any compensation for that?

Didn't happen here... those who were below $9, mostly GE ie: cashiers got their review raise, and if things were still below $9, they got bumped to $9. Done. Those who had been there long enough were above $9, and their review raises, done.

Those like most of my team, flow, already above that, got NADDA other than a review raises.

I mean I make more than it but I have worked my ass off to get the pay I have and I feel I should at least get a percentage of a raise. I have worked 4 years to get 6 dollars worth of raises through promotions and yearly reviews. I would like to be able to at least get a portion of what everyone else is getting. Makes me mad I didn't start later I would be sittin pretty right now and not considering employment elsewhere. I could be making 4,000 more a year.

Sounds familiar.. myself and many of my team bust their ass...and got appropriate raises/promotions for that work.. ONLY TO BE SCREWED over (my opinion) when those below them got moved up narrowing the gap in a blink in what probably took some of them 2 YEARS to get! :mad: WRONG!

If you MOVE the STARTING LINE, then YOU BUMP EVERYONE ELSE as well.

If you MOVE the STARTING LINE, then YOU BUMP EVERYONE ELSE as well.

Exactly!!! I mean cool they get money but I'm almost being selfish in hoping they don't get shit just because I know they will soon catch up to me as just a team member and I'm a team lead. Like what's the point of doing all this hard work and sweating my ass off and putting myself through targets stress to get paid the same as somebody who has been there for a week.

Exactly!!! I mean cool they get money but I'm almost being selfish in hoping they don't get shit just because I know they will soon catch up to me as just a team member and I'm a team lead. Like what's the point of doing all this hard work and sweating my ass off and putting myself through targets stress to get paid the same as somebody who has been there for a week.
Last year, everyone got bumped up to the new minimum for their paygrade and then got their yearly raise. For instance, I was making $14.49 as a SrTL and the minimum for my paygrade was $14.00. The cashier/sales floor/etc (ie lowest) paygrade went up from $8.25 to $9.00. Every single paygrade went up by $0.75, so the new minimum for my paygrade was $14.75. Even after 4 excellent reviews, I was still under the new minimum, so I was bumped up to $14.75 and then I got my annual raise on top of that.

The point is that every single paygrade went up by the same amount, so the only people who didn't get a raise were the ones who had been with Target for about 6+, maybe 7+ years. Everyone's previous reviews got wiped out. Some people see that as their hard work being all for nothing. But those of us that got promoted can at least say that our hard work got us somewhere.

Last year, everyone got bumped up to the new minimum for their paygrade and then got their yearly raise. For instance, I was making $14.49 as a SrTL and the minimum for my paygrade was $14.00. The cashier/sales floor/etc (ie lowest) paygrade went up from $8.25 to $9.00. Every single paygrade went up by $0.75, so the new minimum for my paygrade was $14.75. Even after 4 excellent reviews, I was still under the new minimum, so I was bumped up to $14.75 and then I got my annual raise on top of that.

The point is that every single paygrade went up by the same amount, so the only people who didn't get a raise were the ones who had been with Target for about 6+, maybe 7+ years. Everyone's previous reviews got wiped out. Some people see that as their hard work being all for nothing. But those of us that got promoted can at least say that our hard work got us somewhere.

I have been with target for four years and started at 8 dollars and have gone through brand team member (raise), presentation team member (raise), signing team member(raise), and finally a team lead (raise). Now I'm at 13.73 and at pay grade 11. But with this new pay grade thing not being a thing anymore then when minimum wage raises again would I actually get a part of it? Because I didn't get any last time and neither did any other tl. We didn't get shit. Just team members.

I have been with target for four years and started at 8 dollars and have gone through brand team member (raise), presentation team member (raise), signing team member(raise), and finally a team lead (raise). Now I'm at 13.73 and at pay grade 11. But with this new pay grade thing not being a thing anymore then when minimum wage raises again would I actually get a part of it? Because I didn't get any last time and neither did any other tl. We didn't get shit. Just team members.
That's weird. What rating did you get in your raise last year?

E (2 promotions in that year and they said they couldn't give me an EX because I was new to the role and I couldn't get the pay because my promotion raises were enough)

Well, I can't figure out what I was trying to figure out. You're either WAY over the minimum for your paygrade, or your paygrade minimum is just much higher than my store. N11 is $12.25 here.

I've been with Target over 6 years starting on flow. Have been a PA almost 4 years now and make 11.35. Have received O's on reviews the last 3 years so yes I've worked my ass off. These min wage increases haven't benefited my wage at all. It sucks. We should all get a bump in pay when min goes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back