Archived $11.50 pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a guy is a mean drunk and beats his first wife and kids, after she leaves him and he sobers up and remarried should he beat his second wife and second set of kids in order to be fair to his first wife and kids?
3H6imWN.gif

In other words, should everyone start with crappy $9 wages because existing workers did so in the past? Or can workers in the future be given good starting wages even though people in the past weren't given what they deserved? Should the "kids" in the future be treated the same as the "kids" in the past, or can the "kids" in the future get a fair living wage even though it wasn't done in the past?

This is so true. Yet Target can't seem to learn this and implement it.
As to the increase in starting wages and hours being cut, there may or may not be a causative link. But they did both happen at the same time, so what are people supposed to think. Doesn't matter if leadership and corporate deny it or not.
I would love to see a comparison of store hours allocated last year to the ones allocated this year. That would be the first step.

My store is getting more hours this year than last.

My store has more payroll in softlines.

Wait unloading is done by 8 or all push? We start unload at 6 now instead of 4. When it was 4 and more than 5 people doing it, push was done by 7 or 8. But no later than that.
Push done by 8

That sounds so much like "uphill both ways in snow in July". Just because you got shit wages that couldn't cover living expenses because at the time the CEO couldn't live without that Rembrandt and second yacht doesn't mean everyone should get shit wages forever. Remember, when federal minimum wage was created it was expected that one person working 40 hours could support a family of four. Just because for a very long time business lobbyists had the money to make the government turn a blind eye to worker exploitation doesn't mean it can't end and workers become a valuable commodity again. Just because your ego is fragile and you know that you got shit on doesn't mean every future person has to get pay that is not balanced with living expenses. It's not a competition. Seriously does it hurt you in a practical sense for the pendulum to swing back to a balance between corporate greed and worker greed?
Well, experience should be a factor. We get the living expense thing but if you are a minor whose primary occupation is student and you want to wear your earphones while working on the floor with guests and you have a Zebra in your pocket and you ask us experienced folks where stuff goes but you can utilize that Zebra and you make more $$ technically than I do, there is so there is something wrong with the picture. It's just not about corporate greed and worker greed, there is something else going on here. Today's generation just doesn't give a rats ass to appreciate what they have today because of what the past generations been thru and fought for and how long it took to get where they are today. 1776. Great depression, World Wars One and Two, Women's Suffrage, MLK, Walk on the Moon, fuel crisis of the 70s.

Experience should be a factor, but so should workload. It doesn't matter if the person doing the same thing as you has been there 2 months or 10 years, if it's the same thing, it's the same thing, and should be roughly the same wage. The pay differences is for what people do that's different, such as additional duties, which is where experience comes in.

In other words, should everyone start with crappy $9 wages because existing workers did so in the past? Or can workers in the future be given good starting wages even though people in the past weren't given what they deserved? Should the "kids" in the future be treated the same as the "kids" in the past, or can the "kids" in the future get a fair living wage even though it wasn't done in the past?
Oh, I think @Kartman got your point. And I agree with his reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back