Corporate $15

Remember folks, your $200 bonus is not gonna be $200.

This is true. Bonuses have tax withheld a higher rate, so you'll lose almost half of it. You'll get most of that back come tax refund time, if you get a refund, but that sucks for now.

Reason being that your paycheck withholding is more predictable, but with bonuses they withhold assuming the highest tax rate, as they can't really know for sure where the bonus will put you on the scale.

It's not fair but neither is life. I'm just happy to make more money doing the same old shit.
I am impressed at how target has handled covid and riot. They've increased our pay way ahead of schedule and added $2, then I'm surprised to even get a crumb of $200. Target has fascination for the number 2.
AND THE BAGS ARE FREE. it's Like we're on cloud 9 right now.

Have a seat... we need to talk priorities.
Ok message me I am listening. I just moved during this pandemic and well my kids are my priorites. I already have an outsoor camera system. But i would like to check in on them when at work. What should my priorities be then? I cant afford to take any leave not get sick and well my kids have been home at school quarantined since march. I would like to call home and video chat them with either an echo show or Google. I greatly appreciate any constructive criticism...

Ok message me I am listening. I just moved during this pandemic and well my kids are my priorites. I already have an outsoor camera system. But i would like to check in on them when at work. What should my priorities be then? I cant afford to take any leave not get sick and well my kids have been home at school quarantined since march. I would like to call home and video chat them with either an echo show or Google. I greatly appreciate any constructive criticism...
You are set to Ck on kids. Just let me know & I won't say a thing. I will cover your area.

Ok so the 5 inch google hub has no camera on it. I didn't realize you had a piece of a puzzle they were going to fit into, I thought you were being "My friend has one and it seems cool so I wanna pick one up, 'cause". ;) Still, do your kids no have cell phones? That said, if you have one of the doorbell devices, I think these video display assistants are the perfect pairing item. Saddly this week is the first time ive seen the google video displays on sale in a while, and the amazons are also on sale so it is the perfect time to pick one up. if you wait you may end up paying more.

As I read people's responses a thought crossed my mind. Yes, a newbie will be making the same as some who have been with Target for years, but remember when you started and your starting rate was the same as those who have been there for years.
Except that it wasn't, at least for those of us who've worked at Target for some time.

So if I've worked for Target for the past 10 years, that $2 bump for COVID will officially be added to my pay, correct? Since all the newbies are essentially getting a $2 bump, I'm getting a $2 bump too right? It's only fair...

So if I've worked for Target for the past 10 years, that $2 bump for COVID will officially be added to my pay, correct? Since all the newbies are essentially getting a $2 bump, I'm getting a $2 bump too right? It's only fair...
If you are below the new minimum of $15, then you will be brought up to $15.00. If you are already above $15, you'll get nothing.

TLDR.

Target is not a seniority based pay job.

Target is a position based pay job.

New TMs make the same as tenured because it's the same position with the same responsibilities.

If you want a job with seniority based pay, learn a trade or join a union.

If you want to make more money, increase your skillset.

Ok so the 5 inch google hub has no camera on it. I didn't realize you had a piece of a puzzle they were going to fit into, I thought you were being "My friend has one and it seems cool so I wanna pick one up, 'cause". ;) Still, do your kids no have cell phones? That said, if you have one of the doorbell devices, I think these video display assistants are the perfect pairing item. Saddly this week is the first time ive seen the google video displays on sale in a while, and the amazons are also on sale so it is the perfect time to pick one up. if you wait you may end up paying more.
Yes my teenager has a cell phone but he also has a problem of not answering his damn phone. The other is too young for a cell phone.....is it bad to get a raincheck on that sale price?

Funny, I don't remember that at all.
Either do I though it wouldn't surprise me that Target has always done that.

However that's why I have always thought reviews are meaningless because they are negated by any basic pay bump.

I have always thought you should get paid more if you have extra skills that not everyone else can do (i.e. guest service for example).

Email from HR (referencing TL's staying at $17)

You're the only one I've read that's gotten that email, everyone else that's in the know seems to have gotten communication that it's going up to $19.

Not saying you're lying or anything but it seems like this is such an easy thing to communicate about that they always make so difficult, every single time.

Yes my teenager has a cell phone but he also has a problem of not answering his damn phone. The other is too young for a cell phone.....is it bad to get a raincheck on that sale price?

If it is not out of stock then you can't print one as per policy. I don't know if it generates an out of stock scan.

Back