MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wonder how long the PDA's will last. As far as I know us receivers are the only people who absolutely need to use them now. We have our compliance task on them and sorting ESIM. Unless they still haven't moved the price change pulls over to the mydevice (its been a bit since I've checked)
PC is still there but will go away next month once they rollout the new update to mywork with an all new price change and transition section

What does everyone's "Style" schedule look like? How is that going for other stores?
We have 6 designated "ownerships" that the departments are broken down into, but we at most have 8 people on the schedule all day long, and one is the TL who's just supposed to supervise.
So, 5 out of 6 of those "ownerships" only get touched for 4-5 hours a day at most, and some of the areas aren't even zoned after noon.

So far, the team is getting through Price Changes, and barely keeping up with the Fitting Room, trying to do a clean up zone as they go.

We stopped unloading freight a while ago, as all the Z and Metro racks were full.

We heard a lot about getting more hours in SL going into modernization, but while we've gotten a lot more in HL, we've gone way down in SL.
We're just wrapping pallets off the truck and putting them up top in the bulk racking at this point.

RTW is the only area that has open to close coverage. Everywhere else is mostly mids and FR is 11-7 M-F, open to close on the weekends. It works for us, for the most part. Fridays are usually pretty heinous with FR leaving at 7, though.

We're getting through everything in a timely manner, but we start VMGs and big transitions a week ahead.

The only thing that kills us is when we have calls to back up at the check lanes constantly & other teams don't respond. But, that's honestly gotten so much better as we've been training former flow TMs to cashier.

I wonder how long the PDA's will last. As far as I know us receivers are the only people who absolutely need to use them now. We have our compliance task on them and sorting ESIM. Unless they still haven't moved the price change pulls over to the mydevice (its been a bit since I've checked)

Price Change in myWork and ESIM app for the myDevice I believe are already well underway/close to completion so those will probably both be removed from the PDA by May/June. It won’t be long. The PDAs days are numbered

Just ask a TM who isn't currently using their device if you can borrow it for a couple of minutes to get something for a guest. It shouldn't be a problem. Obviously, that's not going to work for all of the other things a fully modernized TM needs a device to do though.

This is true, but when happens when you have a full vehicle of backstock?

Spoke to a current consultant today who said their hours have been cut. Used to qualify for benefits, now has average just under 30. They have totally open availability. Have been asking for more hours but they won't give any. Are hiring though an additional TM for their department. They confronted HR about this and they (HR) said all TMs are being moved into part time positions. If you want full time you'll have to be pg40 or higher.

They actually care alot more than they did a year ago. I think it's your store specifically that has a leadership issue.
It could be. We lost our PA last year in Q4. Frozen guy before Q4 two consumables in Q1 we hired 3 seasonal food & bev 2 just put in their two weeks. OG beverage tm quit last week due to finding new job. Only one standing is the Food TL.

RTW is the only area that has open to close coverage. Everywhere else is mostly mids and FR is 11-7 M-F, open to close on the weekends. It works for us, for the most part. Fridays are usually pretty heinous with FR leaving at 7, though.
Our RTW person (besides TL) is the only one to get a full 40 (& weekends off) and she's only been here for 5 months. Me and another person who's been here for 2 years are barely getting 30, when we're used to always having a full 40. Been like this since January and it sucks. I understand the full coverage needed, but I think it's kind of unfair. "We expect 200% from of you guys" yet I don't see her getting coached for not finishing her tasks.

Our RTW person (besides TL) is the only one to get a full 40 (& weekends off) and she's only been here for 5 months. Me and another person who's been here for 2 years are barely getting 30, when we're used to always having a full 40. [...]"We expect 200% from of you guys" yet I don't see her getting coached for not finishing her tasks.

Possible answer: She doesn't know the old way and they think she's more moldable?

I can understand why.

I own an area. I'm judged by that area, and that area alone. Leadership doesn't care that I helped cash out 20 guests, they care that I didn't finish my push, shoot my outs, zone my aisles, or locate my backstock. Those are the things that will affect my review/raise. The Guest Advocates aren't going to come bail me out with my workload when they have downtime, yet I should rush to their aid as many times as they wish despite being given 8 hours worth of work and just 5 hours to complete it?

TLs and ETLs should be jumping on those lanes to help out. Or they should be taking over for us TMs when we're summoned to the lanes. I'm a Dedicated Business Owner, and my business is GRC2, not cashiering.
Why would you worry about raise? We get it for a month and then everybody is bumped to minimum. Lol

We assign sales floor to backup for an hour. If frontend gets jammed during your journey, you come up to help. We can't cover rushes.

We’re very strict on not having GSAs or GSTLs jump on a lane - only when every single salesfloor tm possible is on a lane and they still need more. Happened just this last saturday where all hardlines, softlines, and grocery where on a lane and my GSTL had to call up our ETL LOG to watch the lanes as he jumped on one himself
Don't you have mobile checkout?

Do people actually use that? Lol
I would have to use them every weekend at my old store. We would have every register open every Saturday and a line down to beauty. Id have my mid gsa pull from SCO or random small orders while weaving through the registers. The guest LOVED them in my store

Everyone and their dog is a GSA at our store. In fact, I think we have more GSAs than GSTMs or Cashiers. As such, usually the 3-4 scheduled at one time are always on a lane, but will take turns jumping off the lane to speedweave, push, take care of guests on the mobile checkout etc. I can't imagine the hell that will be raised when the GSA position is gone. Lmao.

Back