MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are any stores successful with this new trailer process? How long are your unloads and how do you go about pushing freight? Team is scheduled 270 hours under inbound for 6 trailers 1000-2500 pieces. Help!

We get 7 trucks a week, around 1200-1500 each... we're usually done with the unload by 7:30 or 7:45. Most of flow goes home at 2 and we're usually done by then. We just got our new u-boats yesterday and today (there were u-boats everywhere when I left, all in the fire tunnel and clogging the back room) so I'm hoping the actual pushing part will go smoother now that we don't have to try and work off a bunch of flats that don't want to turn.

The top person with dollar sales and top person with number of items each month gets a prize and recognition instore, from the dtl, etc.
Is it a good prize? Something in any way comparable to the consistent effort that the "winner" would have put forth for 30 days?
I am prize motivated, but could care less about DTL or store recognition. So it would need to be good!

so with all the modernization that the backroom has had shoved down it's throat where are we to put the Christmas Trees, the multiple pallets of those glitter covered hell spawn ornaments? I asked that question, in a nicer way, the answer was "we'll think of something"

... Black Friday ad product. Detrashing black friday ad product.

good times

so with all the modernization that the backroom has had shoved down it's throat where are we to put the Christmas Trees, the multiple pallets of those glitter covered hell spawn ornaments? I asked that question, in a nicer way, the answer was "we'll think of something"

We used to put all our Christmas items, at least the bigger things in the old garden center. Now we had to clean it out and can't use it, so this year should be very interesting. Maybe they will rent a trailer/shed outside or something....

We have been reconfiguring and adding to our steel and updating the backroom profile. We have an extremely small backroom and it is most likely going to work.

I can't wait to see them try to surf Christmas into the backroom after reprofiling. It's gonna be epic.

if we can not come clean as in Wednesday's truck freight was not pushed by this morning how are we even going to get through the hell that is Christmas? and the trees? well we can just stick them back where plastics goes but oh wait we cannot because there are four of the eight pallets of ticketed but not worked clearance and maybe one or two pallets of clearance that still needs to be ticketed.

yet these poor sods still think it is all going rather smoothy. our backroom folk are having to stand on top of pallets just to pull. Elune be praised no one has yet to be hurt that seriously yet.

The top person with dollar sales and top person with number of items each month gets a prize and recognition instore, from the dtl, etc.
So, where do I find my stats? I am a Signing TM, and handle just about every POG Display in my store (Which Target says "increases said, product's sales, by 20%). Not only do I impact sales, while I am on the clock, but more often when I am not even here, as long as the store is open it is driving sales, somewhere, all the time. Do I get credit for any item sold that has a Display or Sign that I personally put up? I could very confidently say that even mediocre Signing TMs would probably have the longest cape in the store.

So, where do I find my stats? I am a Signing TM, and handle just about every POG Display in my store (Which Target says "increases said, product's sales, by 20%). Not only do I impact sales, while I am on the clock, but more often when I am not even here, as long as the store is open it is driving sales, somewhere, all the time. Do I get credit for any item sold that has a Display or Sign that I personally put up? I could very confidently say that even mediocre Signing TMs would probably have the longest cape in the store.
The point of the gocard is to get everyone thinking about growing sales. So those that have ignored guests in the past will start helping guests. It’s to put guest service in every employees thoughts as they work. No more project focused tms ignoring guests. A signing tm helping 2 or 3 guests a day with a coffee pot, a toy, a bike, etc will be a step better than what they did for sales before.

The point of the Go card is asinine. We will give you a bonus for doing your job? Your paycheck is your reward for doing your job.When and when do you fill these out? On the floor where the guests are? So while you are filling out your little paper guests are walking by not being acknowledged? How about instead observing, coaching and dealing with it?

Growing sales, huh? I've got a crazy idea that will grow sales an order of magnitude better than dumb ass gocards and CIHYFA. Let's take a look at two YUGE issues that most impact sales negatively:

1) product out of stock on the shelves because it is buried somewhere in a pallet from a rolled truck due to no payroll
2) long lines at the checkout because there are no cashiers scheduled due to no payroll

Basically corporate's focus on TMs growing sales is a kludge because they aren't willing to increase payroll (doing so would knock a few cents off TGT valuation). It's a way to cover up their own shortfalls by putting the burden on store teams who are constantly understaffed and have no hours. Guest comes in looking for a specific item that Target.com shows is in stock, but the shelf is empty. The item is in the store sure enough, but lo and behold it shows as 0 on floor, 0 in back, 12 on hand. It's buried somewhere on a pallet in the backroom and nobody can find it because the ETLs sent flow home right after the unload since payroll was tight. The sale is lost and the guest leaves empty handed. Really adds an extra dash of irony to CIHYFA, no?

The point of the gocard is to get everyone thinking about growing sales. So those that have ignored guests in the past will start helping guests. It’s to put guest service in every employees thoughts as they work. No more project focused tms ignoring guests. A signing tm helping 2 or 3 guests a day with a coffee pot, a toy, a bike, etc will be a step better than what they did for sales before.

Not all task focused team members ignore guests. I quite often leave late for the day because I stopped what I am doing to build a guest's basket, save a sale from leaving empty-handed, or locate an item in the backroom. It's how our Plano team has been taught to work for years.

I get how this could motivate others to also work like this, but I'm more old school like @tellmeaboutatime and don't need to be bribed to do my job.

I MEAN BASICALLY.

Back