MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone hear anything, about BTSurvey this year? If I remember right it is always about this time. My god, I can only imagine how negative they will be, was just wondering as I could see leaders going mum, to just take the hit, on attendance.
It’s in late April I think. I started last year in March right as reviews were wrapping up and it was definitely after that.

etls will still be lod's on weekends when needed. Leads with keys will cover as much as possible and leaders will rotate as well.
We were also told that every lead would get keys
I'm in the PILOT and it's gonna be interesting. My store is already very deep in modernization and E2E so aside from role changes, it's not too different from what we were already doing.

I am however loosing my senior role technically as we all become Lead's. But that means less LOD shifts and more time to focus in my department(s).
so who sets your pogs and honestly how is it going. Where is your pptl going for this.

so who sets your pogs and honestly how is it going. Where is your pptl going for this.
Too many people with keys is a huge ap risk.
Oh 20 year old just got promoted to market lead and has keys to store. 20 year old wants to impress but ends up screwing tons of stuff up or worse can't count when the cash office has an issue. Or worse still straight up steals cash.

Pptl went to another position and another team lead will be over pricing pog as well as other things.

We just got word that all leadership (from STL down to TL’s) have to work a combination of 3 mids/closes every week. Expectation is mid-shift ends no earlier than 7pm.

We just got word that all leadership (from STL down to TL’s) have to work a combination of 3 mids/closes every week. Expectation is mid-shift ends no earlier than 7pm.

Saturday / Sunday only for me.

Sorry not everyone can set a plano. They just don't get it! They don't understand reverse. Their slow. I could go on and on..
i disagree with both of you. Plano is not hard, it is just specialized, the tms that work it have been trained for plano and do nothing but plano that is the only reason why they get it. Im sure they all set a reverse aisle as standard at some point, everyone does. I dont' see why every department makes itself out to be impossible for anyone else to learn or work but them, as well as those who think its just learn it in a day. Modernization is going to be bumpy due to all these mentalities and the failure to just try and work it out. I was PPTL once, #1-3 in the group and i came from salesfloor before that, if i can do it anyone who really wants to can also. FYI guys later HQ will be rolling out more and more things to make the transition easier. smaller revisions, spread out pog sets, and less salesplanners. It's going to be a long year in the pilot but nobody should complain till we have tried and failed. I never blaim HQ, they do try to come down every so often to get info, but everyone puts up a facade like its all ok and they assume it is. Make sure everyone provides feedback if your in the pilot!

My pardon, but feedback will be pointless. Corporate believes that paying people, any people fifteen bucks an hour will automatically solve all the in store on the floor problems. It just jacks things up to another level. People smart enough to navigate a pog will leave for hours and benefits.
Classical reference “I hope you’re right, I really do. “ Aliens.

I hear that a part of "modernization" 2019-2020 will be eliminating the Flexible Fulfillment team and just have experts from each area of the store do their own picks and pack them on the salesfloor at the spill stations.

Bigger stores can hide behind a degree of inefficiency and have a degree of picking and choosing what they want to do with all these schemes that Target rolls out.

Definitly was the case when I went to a larger store to help on pricing. Our little ULV was constantly shat on for not having 7xll clearance signs up all while this larger store had red metrics for pricing and their counts were wayyyy offf!!!!!! Their pricing Tm printed clearance price labels and told me just to scan the label and prop it on the shelf (no ticketing)

She came up to me telling me how unbelievable it was that sales floor was pushing tubs of clearance product out already. I asked her if they were done and she said yes. But when I asked her if they were ticketed she said no. :confused:

When I asked the ETL how they get away with all this he shrugged, “We just make a lot of money.”:mad:

I was told Friday I was not responsible for the SL POGs that I was going to get help from others when they were working in the area where the POGs were due so I've been doing what the other TMs in SLs are doing when I come in like pricing, RIGs, truck, fitting room, reshop, backstock, pulls and everything else except POGs. The problem is NO ONE ELSE IS DOING THEM!! When our STL was asked about it by our POG TL they were told ( I would have to do it on Friday which is the next day I work) REALLY I told all of my ETLs, TLs and even the STL that no one else in SL knew how to set POGs or read VMs and now they are making me rush like crazy and try and set all of them in two days oh and did I mention I'm closing on Friday!!

Anyone hear anything, about BTSurvey this year? If I remember right it is always about this time. My god, I can only imagine how negative they will be, was just wondering as I could see leaders going mum, to just take the hit, on attendance.
It's always AFTER our raises kick in, so it should be early May.

One more thing before my head explodes, we lost our 2nd VM now and even when they were here I've been doing half of the VM guides because it was too much for them to handle plus setting all the POGs and all the brand launches with no help so I decided to apply for the position you know what I was told, they were told to go outside again to fill the position and they wanted a expert for the position and I wasn't qualified that I was an enthusiast REALLY thanks after 21 plus years that's what I am! Oh and guess what there still making me do the VMGs but I can't have the title!

This all sound wonderful and all but can it be replicated? No.

How can I say this? Easy, you stepped outside the box and did your own thing with a seasoned team. Try it with new hires and inexperienced management who don't know Target and targetese. I'll bet your results won't be quite so appealing. Did you document your process along with your training methods with time lines? I bet you didn't.

You have results from a good core group of people and that's it. Kudos to you and your team for figuring out how to make things easier for your store. Good leadership is worth its weight in gold.

Now for the rest of the Stores in your group who are following the rules, struggling, and getting the ol' stink eye from corporate because they can't replicate your success are going to be a little resentful towards you once they learn the truth.

Did you ever stop and think what will happen when your leadership turns over and a new leaders step in? Chaos from conflicting practices and expectations. What about Team Members turning over?

This is why ASANTS is a cancer to Target. We're all doing something different but being measured as if we were all doing it all the same way.

I disagree with you to a point. Can it be replicated exactly how they did it, no. Can some parts be replicated and tailored differently to different stores, yes. There have been a lot of changes lately and my store has been one that has kept ahead of the game with them. At first it was a challenge since my store had a lot of tenured team members that were used to the old ways of having double the hours, having the store more of a sewing circle compared to a business. Now, people are starting to realize that things are changing and its this way or the highway. I honestly thought we would never be able to accomplish this in a million years with the current team but it is slowly starting to take form. Those that don't follow suit will end up having multiple conversations with.

As for your store, it could be mixed. I personally feel as though it will be easier because people are not set in their ways. You have a team member that you can mold the way you want to compared to someone that is stuck in stone and won't budge at all. In the end it will be up to the leaders and how much they want to manage their team. It will come from the top down so long are the days where a team lead or etl could just pass things on and wait till one of the super stars was working.

At the end of everything, things need to change to keep businesses afloat. If they dont, they will become like many of the other retailers that have started to close their doors. If you don't believe me check this out: Sears Was the Amazon of Its Time—Until It Made Preventable Mistakes - https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/10/amazon-sears-mistakes/541926/

Definitly was the case when I went to a larger store to help on pricing. Our little ULV was constantly shat on for not having 7xll clearance signs up all while this larger store had red metrics for pricing and their counts were wayyyy offf!!!!!! Their pricing Tm printed clearance price labels and told me just to scan the label and prop it on the shelf (no ticketing)

She came up to me telling me how unbelievable it was that sales floor was pushing tubs of clearance product out already. I asked her if they were done and she said yes. But when I asked her if they were ticketed she said no. :confused:

When I asked the ETL how they get away with all this he shrugged, “We just make a lot of money.”:mad:

But at what point did it sell with no tickets? Once the 70% 7x11 hit and no margin was being made?

i disagree with both of you. Plano is not hard, it is just specialized, the tms that work it have been trained for plano and do nothing but plano that is the only reason why they get it. Im sure they all set a reverse aisle as standard at some point, everyone does. I dont' see why every department makes itself out to be impossible for anyone else to learn or work but them, as well as those who think its just learn it in a day.

At the same time, though, there are TMs who genuinely can't learn departments. I've had people in SFS who just can't grasp it no matter what.. and with training, sfs really isn't that difficult. There are people who can't even understand picking properly, let alone packing which is the more difficult part with all the rules to follow.

:eek:o_O

:annoyed:

E2E is not a success as of now. SL has not been zoned thoroughly in ages. Market too. Why not refine and work out the kinks in current new processes before this new modernization and E2E in Hardlines rolls out? Can you imagine the cluseter if HL gets behind a day or 2 in repack? No feasible way to catch up on 100+ repack in bath/bedding home/housewares. Evolution needs change, but the process needs to work too.

Back