MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wish they'd take infant hardlines away from apparel. I get why we own it, but at the same time, it's so different from everything else we do.

In my store hardlines owns it.

*waves*

I like infant HL because the pulls almost never have any backstock. Diapers sell like crazy. It's a good way to stay busy on the weekend too. Push, put spider wraps on the $400 milk pumps and quick zone the diapers is how I usually start my Saturday

Has anyone started the closing LOD role? I am curious if there are any major expectation changes before I express interest in it. Thanks.

Has anyone started the closing LOD role? I am curious if there are any major expectation changes before I express interest in it. Thanks.

You report directly to the Store Director so whatever they want you to work on, pretty much.

I heard today that there is gonna be a bunch of TL positions opening up? Anyone hear this?

I'll go on to say that I just watched 2 Team leads and a VM, and one TM(Expert)..set Opalhouse.... In about four days .......I also did all their signing for them.. ( as well as set pogs for regular plano (Mini), sfs, help market back stock for hours, throw a truck of 2500, then be the last one there backstocking AFTER I threw the truck).

To rehash on what I said before my tirade, It took me and Plano 1 day, during our REMODEL.

Ya POG stuff is going to be a BLACK HOLE of hours being sucked into it or it just isnt going to be done...Not sure how they expect market to do all the pog stuff when we struggle just to take care of truck process

The Market team has gone steadily downhill at my store, mostly, because they are entirely overthinking the process. I had it even slip to me that if their entire team quits/is fired, Presentation will be moved over, to be the new Market team... If this happens, the interviews (its a pay raise now, so I think they have too). Should be hilarious. (was a PA of three years).

My Market team just lost 2 TMs and the TL...so...that should be fun

They should prioritize fresh over dry. The LOD should've had a smart huddle and had the whole store give a hand or at least the market team should've focused on fresh and hardlines could've done dry with all the leaders helping too.

You cant really do that though because then where are you putting the next dry truck..all on pallets taking up your line space? It would make sense if they had help though.

I hate the truck process. I feel like that is almost all I do every day because we are always playing catch up with it and it rolls over into the next day

If you work for Spot in any capacity, you better believe you’re getting your “steps” in.

Ya its great having my receiving on the total opposite side of Market/Pfresh and my backroom on the other side of the store from Pfresh too....They harp about effeciency but with how many times I have to go to the backroom I waste so many steps

When I unload our large truck I literally have to travel 3/4 of the long side of the store 14 times

Ya its great having my receiving on the total opposite side of Market/Pfresh and my backroom on the other side of the store from Pfresh too....They harp about effeciency but with how many times I have to go to the backroom I waste so many steps

When I unload our large truck I literally have to travel 3/4 of the long side of the store 14 times
Same dude. It really sucks. My old ETL-LOG and I tried to get the okay to swap our BR aisles of Market and Softlines. It would've meant that both were closer to their homes and that U-Boats wouldn't be taking up half of the path right in the middle of our backroom. STL didn't want it though.

^I mean I shouldn’t like it but...
I remember well that feeling of dismay then desperation as tasks piled up. Hang in there. Communicate so the expectations don’t get (further) skewed. That’s skewed. For now.

I honestly have not seen, 1 thing said positively about this new pilot on these forums.

and honestly these forums are about twice as trustworthy as the company we all work for. Scary.

For Market the PROBLEM is the hours GIVEN to the Process are not enough for what it demands so you always have to sacrafice one thing for another and are always behind

it could be worse, just toss the reshop into the compactor... magic its gone and done.
this has happened.

Hell, one time I was so pissed I backstocked an entire U-boat of hba repacks (4 boxes) because no one would work it.

For Market the PROBLEM is the hours GIVEN to the Process are not enough for what it demands so you always have to sacrifice one thing for another and are always behind

The problem with Market is spot doesn't want to invest in it. They don't want to fix it so its profitable. They want it to be a loss leader for the clothes. SMH
People need food more than clothes. Until this gets into their heads, nothing will change.

Last edited:
New TL positions, you say? I wonder if this means adding TLs to existing stores, or shuffling logistics TLs to new salesfloor positions (e.g. Flow TL -> GenMerch Lead).

Back