MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
why do all TM get around same pay if the workloads are different.

No need to minimize the job a cashier does by using all caps as if to clarify that a cashier is a peon compared to the lofty A&A crew.

As has been mentioned several times, all A&A, Beauty and Electronics TMs are paid 50 cents more than the $12 that the rest of the store will get. So I’m really unclear as to what your rant is all about other than complaining that CASHIERS need to do your job too (and for less $).

No need to minimize the job a cashier does by using all caps as if to clarify that a cashier is a peon compared to the lofty A&A crew.

As has been mentioned several times, all A&A, Beauty and Electronics TMs are paid 50 cents more than the $12 that the rest of the store will get. So I’m really unclear as to what your rant is all about other than complaining that CASHIERS need to do your job too (and for less $).

cashier was all caps because couple people thought I was referencing GS so to make it clear to those select people I did that as well as caps of my store to let em know hey understand u are referencing your store but I'm talking about mine and several people on my style team with exceptional reviews are only getting paid 12.08 now not 12.50

Previous pay 11.50
Delivered exceptional outcomes
New base pay 12.08
Increase 5%
$.58 increase amt

Why is anyone focusing on the rant when the question which is why we all me included are here was stated

What are the mod changes to front end?

Unless Target doubles their amount of Zebra's in stores, a Cashier signing out a Zebra, should be an immediate coaching, unless doing spln's etc..

My store on a day to day basis, never has enough Zebra's to go around. With Task Positions being eliminated, to create a new modern target, where everyone on the Sales Floor is expecting to "Task". The only way of achieving that, is with enough equipment, as almost ALL tasks are not only done through, but documented and critiqued, through programs, that every TM expected to accomplish, should have access too.

Unless Target doubles their amount of Zebra's in stores, a Cashier signing out a Zebra, should be an immediate coaching, unless doing spln's etc..

My store on a day to day basis, never has enough Zebra's to go around. With Task Positions being eliminated, to create a new modern target, where everyone on the Sales Floor is expecting to "Task". The only way of achieving that, is with enough equipment, as almost ALL tasks are not only done through, but documented and critiqued, through programs, that every TM expected to accomplish, should have access too.

Sorry but that's your store all stores are different even if it's the one 20 min away

MY guest serv has there own zebra always they use it for store pick up a lot of things some days they may have two . Obviously the cashiers do not sign them out but like i said they can use the one at GS if need be if they wanted to but that's not the point or the question that I was asking why everyone wants to focus on that idk but ok

Question asked was what mod changes are being made to front end if Any ?

cashier was all caps because couple people thought I was referencing GS so to make it clear to those select people I did that as well as caps of my store to let em know hey understand u are referencing your store but I'm talking about mine and several people on my style team with exceptional reviews are only getting paid 12.08 now not 12.50

Previous pay 11.50
Delivered exceptional outcomes
New base pay 12.08
Increase 5%
$.58 increase amt
The $12 company minimum didn't hit yet. When it does they will "start" at $12.50 base if your store is in a base company pay market. (My store's base pay is higher than company base for instance)

The $12 company minimum didn't hit yet. When it does they will "start" at $12.50 base if your store is in a base company pay market. (My store's base pay is higher than company base for instance)

What I just posted is from a review given and signed off last week
It goes into effect end may but regardless it's 12.08 not 12.50

You made my point. Sometimes I don't feel that Spot actually understands what is actually going on. Cutting out something doesn't always help. How about a New Day makeover for Archer farms? Or A pets reno. We get half assed attempts because people have the mindset that you witnessed.

Yes, food is a thin margin. You make money on repeat business. Not the Hey, I just sold a 1000 TV with a 10 HDMI cord or I sold 2 $30 bra pantie sets and a hunter jacket.

A person who walks in to buy food everyday, will notice when the sale for the vaccum or clothes happen and will get it organically. No need for online ads, hard sells or gimmacks.

We are heavily Hispanic (30%) so they honestly don't care that much for the clothes as they do for the food and other hardlines stuff. That doesn't mean our clothes don't sell. Its that we need to stop thinking of ourself as a clothing store that sells other things. That special extra 5% this week will mean more to our food shoppers than it will to those buying A&A.

True, however not all of them will get that. Our store doesn't need 4 GSMLs Our Plano will stay closing and with out Senior TL and I will stay dayside. Flow might be transferered out.

I think the biggest issue with a pets reno as you mention is that the store brand over there is up&up.

They'd have to revamp up&up entirely and they don't want to do that.

We have new titles, but honestly not a whole lot has changed at the team member level anyway (except logistics). They're saying that these are all new positions with all new roles, but Service & Engagement Advocate is just a GSA with a new title. Ultimately, they're still doing the same stuff that a GSA was doing a month ago.

Engagement Advocate (formerly Cashier):
  • You are the face of Target and interact with our guests each and every day.
  • Provide an easy, seamless checkout experience.
  • Actively engage guests in a way that makes them feel welcome and rewarded by our loyalty programs.
  • Make sure every guest leaves happy.
  • Champion self-checkout by inviting guests in, teaching guests and complete transactions for guests who do not want to self check.
  • Comply with all cash handling and safety related procedures.

Front of Store Attendant (formerly Cart Attendant):
  • Provide an easy, seamless shopping experience by keeping carts and baskets well stocked throughout the store and responding quickly to guest carry-outs and spills.
  • Maintain clean, stocked check lanes, restrooms, Mini Assistance Centers, spill stations, carts and baskets.
  • Clear the parking lot, sidewalks and doorways of carts, trash and snow (if applicable)
Because you are taking on a new role for the operating model pilot, you will be expected to have new knowledge and perform new skills and abilities, including:
  • Guest interaction and engagement techniques
  • Powered equipment certification, operation and safety (cart pusher)
  • Ability to consistently lift 40 lbs or more

Service Advocate (formerly Guest Service Desk):
  • Provide an easy, seamless order pickup, exchanges, or return experience.
  • Actively engage guests in a way that makes them feel welcome and rewarded by our loyalty programs.
  • Make sure every guest leaves happy.
  • Be passionate and provide exceptional service to every guest.
  • Share your knowledge and excitement of front of store services and attend to every guest.
Because you are taking on a new role for the operating model pilot, you will be expected to have new knowledge and perform new skills and abilities, including:
  • Guest engagement and loyalty-driving techniques
  • Loyalty programs
  • In-depth knowledge of front of store specialty services

Service and Engagement Advocate (formerly Guest Service Attendant):
  • Welcome guests to the front of the store, directing guests and acting as their host.
  • Serve up an easy, no-wait experience at the check lane and all service areas.
  • Ensure every guest leaves happy and train peers to do the same.
  • Support the Service and Engagement Lead by managing front of store traffic and replenishing supplies, allowing the Service and Engagement Lead to focus on the guest experience and team development.
  • Provide a seamless checkout, return, registry and/or OPU experience by eliminating friction points for guests and team members
  • Perform cash office duties
  • Guest engagement and loyalty-driving techniques
  • Loyalty programs
  • In-depth knowledge of front of store specialty services

ENGAGEMENT ADVOCATE LMAOOOOOOOOO IT'S JUST A FUCKING CASHIER.

That said, Front of Store Attendant does describe the Cart Attendant duties far better than the title Cart Attendant does.

Exactly. Any store that gives their cashiers a Zebra without also having that cashier doing SPLN or something that is Zebra-necessary at that exact moment (this does not include holding one for the possibility of a guest) is doing it wrong. Full stop. Cashiers by and large do not need a Zebra.

Exactly. Any store that gives their cashiers a Zebra without also having that cashier doing SPLN or something that is Zebra-necessary at that exact moment (this does not include holding one for the possibility of a guest) is doing it wrong. Full stop. Cashiers by and large do not need a Zebra.

Lmbo but who said the cashier was getting a personal my device to themselves??....digging so deep n way past the real topic at hand this is hilarious!

What I just posted is from a review given and signed off last week
It goes into effect end may but regardless it's 12.08 not 12.50

What @ISMike was saying is that the new $12.08 that is going into effect from the review is a merit raise, not a result of base pay increasing. Company base pay is still at $11.00. Meaning, minimum pay for A&A team members is still $11.50, while minimum pay for cashiers is still $11.00. So A&A TMs are still at a higher paygrade than cashiers.

At some point later this year, the company base will rise again, likely to $12.00. So, for an A&A team member, that $12.08 will go up again to $12.50 when this happens.

What @ISMike was saying is that the new $12.08 that is going into effect from the review is a merit raise, not a result of base pay increasing. Company base pay is still at $11.00. Meaning, minimum pay for A&A team members is still $11.50, while minimum pay for cashiers is still $11.00. So A&A TMs are still at a higher paygrade than cashiers.

At some point later this year, the company base will rise again, likely to $12.00. So, for an A&A team member, that $12.08 will go up again to $12.50 when this happens.

looking at the review paper it states up top 2018 Base Pay Increase Statement

So what your saying is even tho it states new base pay 12.08 to take in effect 5/6/18 they still will add 42¢ at a later date ??

looking at the review paper it states up top 2018 Base Pay Increase Statement

So what your saying is even tho it states new base pay 12.08 to take in effect 5/6/18 they still will add 42¢ at a later date ??

Correct. The "new base pay" listed is your new individual hourly rate, based on merit.

At a later date, when Spot decides to raise the company minimum again, any TM not currently making that minimum (+ their paygrade increase) will receive an additional bump. In this case, yes, another 42 cents.

Correct. The "new base pay" listed is your new individual hourly rate, based on merit.

At a later date, when Spot decides to raise the company minimum again, any TM not currently making that minimum (+ their paygrade increase) will receive an additional bump. In this case, yes, another 42 cents.

Gotcha !! And thank you

Sorry but that's your store all stores are different even if it's the one 20 min away

MY guest serv has there own zebra always they use it for store pick up a lot of things some days they may have two . Obviously the cashiers do not sign them out but like i said they can use the one at GS if need be if they wanted to but that's not the point or the question that I was asking why everyone wants to focus on that idk but ok

Question asked was what mod changes are being made to front end if Any ?

Probably not much, however, look at the other side of the store............

You might realize why, I posted what I did

Zebra's are suddenly more popular..... It's almost as if Target, through, 5000 Lions (expectations), into a Savanna. consisting of, 20 Zebras (Mine as well call them the Midas Touch at this point).

Probably not much, however, look at the other side of the store............

You might realize why, I posted what I did

Zebra's are suddenly more popular..... It's almost as if Target, through, 5000 Lions (expectations), into a Savanna. consisting of, 20 Zebras (Mine as well call them the Midas Touch at this point).

I see what u mean and my apologies I was so focused on the first half of your statement I didn't take the time to thoroughly read what else u wrote

I don’t understand everybody’s obsession with other peoples pay. Knowing what your coworkers are being paid should have no effect on your ability to do your job. You either come to work and do your job or you don’t. Thinking that you should be paid more than somebody else and not doing your work to the best of your ability is just an excuse to not do your job. Let’s face it, for every person you think is not worthy of their current pay, there’s probably two that think the same of you.

And to answer the question of what’s changing on the front end, like all the other jobs the company is placing an even greater focus on the service and engagement with guests. Cashiers tried to make sure the guest was checked out in a timely fashion. Engagement advocates are tasked with making sure the guest leaves completely satisfied. Don’t have something, mycheckout. Did you get all the best deals processed at checkout. Again this is a work in process for the pilot stores but we are trying to make the guest experience even better than it currently is. Every new position has that same directive. So where as you might think we all will be doing different things, we are all really just doing the same. Elevating the service to our guests.

t logistics).

Service and Engagement Advocate (formerly Guest Service Attendant):
  • Ensure every guest leaves happy and train peers to do the same.

Do the (new) GSAs "ensure........leaves happy......train peers to do the same."
Are we peers supposed to "leave happy?"

I don’t understand everybody’s obsession with other peoples pay. Knowing what your coworkers are being paid should have no effect on your ability to do your job. You either come to work and do your job or you don’t. Thinking that you should be paid more than somebody else and not doing your work to the best of your ability is just an excuse to not do your job. Let’s face it, for every person you think is not worthy of their current pay, there’s probably two that think the same of you.

And to answer the question of what’s changing on the front end, like all the other jobs the company is placing an even greater focus on the service and engagement with guests. Cashiers tried to make sure the guest was checked out in a timely fashion. Engagement advocates are tasked with making sure the guest leaves completely satisfied. Don’t have something, mycheckout. Did you get all the best deals processed at checkout. Again this is a work in process for the pilot stores but we are trying to make the guest experience even better than it currently is. Every new position has that same directive. So where as you might think we all will be doing different things, we are all really just doing the same. Elevating the service to our guests.

Yea ok sure thank you

People generally don't do their grocery shopping at a store that can't fill their list. It's gotten to the point that I don't do my grocery shopping at my store anymore.

this. whenever I work market shifts I always look forward to being asked, "hey do you carry that marshmallow creme stuff in the jar?" and getting odd looks of disbelief when I tell guests we don't carry it like literally everyone else in town does. Even fucking Shell (the gas station) stocks it ffs. I think half of them just assume that I'm being lazy and not wanting to help them and it must be hidden somewhere in the store. NOPE, we just suck, thanks for shopping at Target!

How about a New Day makeover for Archer farms?

A N D
E A
W Y

To add to the cashiers getting a Zebra. Most stores do not have enough to go around.

tired: sharing Zebras
wired: Zebras always available because the hours are so bad that nobody else is working that day

Back