MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
In all honesty, it would be a lot more easy with at least one more person. The team that I'm on has 10 daytime tm's. Former flow tms still come in earlier to start the freight, but everyone is expected to do their share. Some work the high number aisles, some the low. When a vehicle is finished it is immediately backstocked and the trash is worked. They have been trained on salesfloor, cashiering, plano, backroom as have all of us.Once the freight is worked, our lead assigns us tasks based on our strengths. Some will shoot exf's, pull, work, backstock. Some will do price change. Some will set spl or pogs (if there's nothing that has to be done here, zone and pog maintenance... pull out d-code, ptm, etc. Yes... everyone knows how to do everything (of course, there's a learning curve and some are better at some things than others) and you do it every shift. The night is a bit different. It is very much "recovery" in that any pogs that did not get pulled dayside are pulled (not usual since if you drop it you pull it and work it... right now there are big post holiday changes so there may be some spl that are set and not pulled) and worked, reshop is completed, zone touched up. Pogs and pricing are not done at night usually. It's not perfect, but we have a really good store with good leadership. Those that weren't onboard with the changes have moved on so our teams are made up of people that came to work... and work you will with this process. The biggest downside is that we could use more hours, but I don't think that's a result of the process changes. Would it be awesome to still have pog, pricing and backroom? Yes. Do we need someone to sort label strips, signing and audit? YES (probably one of our biggest challenges) Should they have left us the ability to view pog images on our myDevice? Yes Is modernization doable? Yes...but it really is all about attitude.
Our store still hasn't even bothered to try to train everyone to do all these things and just piles the work on the few TMs that do happen to know.....

With all due respect the best attitudes in the world can’t overcome a flawed process. It would appear Modernization works - sometimes. In smaller stores. With adequate equipment. With proper training and hours to get things done. With individuals in management who aren’t afraid to give honest input to the powers. Remove any of these and you have big problems.

I recall my STL coming back from a region meeting, late summer or early fall, shortly before the selling training that stores did. He spoke of a store the STLs visited. Balked about how great the process was. That there were so many available TMs working freight and helping guests. Everywhere they looked, TMs aplenty.

First thing, there is not enough payroll for that. That store was putting on a show. Second, there will never be enough payroll.

I still think, and can not prove it, that Modernization is working in a few stores because DTLs are shifting hours from all the other stores. They have to show HQ that they can make it work in a few stores or they will be toast. The problem for DTLs will be later this year when HQ will demand virtually every store be successful at it with the same, or fewer, hours given to the district.

there will never be enough payroll.
Truth. Hours are already being cut back. Had a large (for our store) truck yesterday, was told to leave at my scheduled out-time (same as everyone else) even though there was still a ton to push. I try and tell myself "it's not my problem" - but it will be on the next truck day when I find a bunch of stuff over-stocked and wrongly stocked and I'm pulling overage off the shelf and having to shift product to its proper location so I can push the product just received to its proper location. But oh well. Pushing the truck is not hard, but it still needs to be done right. Sigh.

2 more cute photos found on targets community page

8-BEB55-A4-ECE7-44-F8-8809-BFC7-FF45-E460.png

03-EDE48-F-0-B31-4-F0-C-BD79-82-B4-B28-EE28-C.png

Me too. I’m tired of going to two Targets to buy food and still ending up at the grocery store just to buy basics.
That was my final straw for quitting.

I hadn't needed the job for a while but it used to be nice and convenient to get my grocery shopping done after a shift combined with the discount. Since I couldn't get my shopping done and had to shop somewhere else with no discount, why bother?

Guests don’t normally know the store number of a store.

Google or Bing search and you can come up with a store number. Also see an employee who will tell you how to complain for the most pain.. I have given out my stores number hundreds of times for twitter, Instagram and community posts and phone calls for guests who want name and shame..

I'm curious as to how sales compare for those stores who are doing modernization and for those are not?? Are there increases for the modernization stores?

I'm curious as to how sales compare for those stores who are doing modernization and for those are not?? Are there increases for the modernization stores?

In my store that would be a FUCK NO!!!!! Cause for most of the year we have had bare fucking shelves, a horrid OPU/SFS INF rate so that is all sales lost.. Basket size tanked, cause people couldn't find shit and even when we knew we had it we could not sell it since we didn't know or couldn't get to where it was.

The biggest problem I see with this process at my old store is that there has been no communication around what is going on and how it is going happen. It also sounds like most team members are only going to get 25 hours at most each week and that will not cut it for some of them. I do see a lot of turnover for this store in the near future. I know a few that have already jumped ship or are looking new jobs elsewhere.

Back