MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
One way to fix some of the INFs that occur due to backstock not being located is finally fixing the Zebras so they don't pull up a random item you scanned a while ago when you scan a BR location.

You can say people need to double check the screen when you scan it in, but this was never a problem with a PDA. What is the point of the new technology if it's a step backward.

As for the re configuring, apparently we don't have the capacity to take one off line. Why we don't pull the trigger and build new DC?

$$ millions of them. like a real crap ton of money just to build it. Then you have to fill it. but thats's not counting the time to permit, design, and all that so yeah not happening.

Yeah, but INFing one item doesn't cancel the rest of the items from the original store, so if you fulfilled 2 of the items and the other store had to fulfill 1 item because you INF'd it, that still means they had to pay shipping twice.
I'd also like to bring up the issue of the guest cancelling the order but the items are still shipped to the store. I've had orders delivered to the store where Target.com cancelled the order but we still received them; sometimes multiple boxes of the same items.

Why the f*ck doesn't A&A own their sorting process? How much sense does it have to make one TL in charge of unload and p1 plus A&A sort?

When my team (a&a) owned it, we never rolled breakout. Ever since inbound took over, there is rarely a truck its completed. I've been supporting them but it's frustrating when the inbound tl/etl doesnt care.

This "class" is part of the learning plan for all TMs in a&a, elec & beauty.

Even if your leaders didnt go out of store for the class, all TMs in those areas should receive the training via videos on wb.

Or are learning plans an asants thing too?

Depends on your leadership. But I would say, "Yes." Just read through some of the various threads and it's there.

When my team (a&a) owned it, we never rolled breakout. Ever since inbound took over, there is rarely a truck its completed. I've been supporting them but it's frustrating when the inbound tl/etl doesnt care.
I bet you had more than 2 team members scheduled longer than 4 hours each. Plus with all the details they have to complete now to make it easy for the A&A team to complete the push (which they never do) and the fact that the repacks from the DC are not sorted properly it is no wonder they can't come clean

I bet you had more than 2 team members scheduled longer than 4 hours each. Plus with all the details they have to complete now to make it easy for the A&A team to complete the push (which they never do) and the fact that the repacks from the DC are not sorted properly it is no wonder they can't come clean

We have 2 scheduled for 8 hrs (honestly, they were staying that long, even when only scheduled 4) usually with help and they still aren't coming clean. BUT, our a&a portion of the trucks have been absolutely massive lately.

Basically, respect to those doing a&a breakout, bc it sucks 😬

It seems like that will be changing under the new process. According to my STL, it's going to be more of a supervisory role instead. She's had a few sit downs with the ETLs and TLs to explain and double down on that. Even before we really started getting info on the new process, our DTL mentioned in every visit that he did not want to see the TLs working like TMs. No doing pulls, no backstocking, no pushing -- just making sure those things are done by guiding and coaching TMs.
In our store often the team leads are the only team members schedule
Why the f*ck doesn't A&A own their sorting process? How much sense does it have to make one TL in charge of unload and p1 plus A&A sort?
Because they are different pay grades and that don't want to pay some one the extra fifty cents an hour to sort

Repacks never came sorted much for us(my 6 years atleast). But yes, we did spend more payroll on it... which is the feedback I've given the etl log and stl multiple times. We are still spending the payroll because I'm sending my team back there to catch them up weekly. For what it's worth.. my team comes clean with push.

This "class" is part of the learning plan for all TMs in a&a, elec & beauty.

Even if your leaders didnt go out of store for the class, all TMs in those areas should receive the training via videos on wb.

Or are learning plans an asants thing too?

I couldn't even tell you the last time we actually used a Learning Plan. We have TMs sign them and take the HazMat quiz, but that's it.
Orientation -> 1 day on the lanes -> 2-3 days shadowing a random TM -> on their own.
And we wonder why no one knows how to do anything.
But hey! we save a lot on training hours, I guess.

I couldn't even tell you the last time we actually used a Learning Plan. We have TMs sign them and take the HazMat quiz, but that's it.
Orientation -> 1 day on the lanes -> 2-3 days shadowing a random TM -> on their own.
And we wonder why no one knows how to do anything.
But hey! we save a lot on training hours, I guess.

Does your new hires really need a day on the lanes? We do less than an hour.

You could suggest less time on a register that day so the rest of the shift could be spent on the computer training.

Does your new hires really need a day on the lanes? We do less than an hour.

You could suggest less time on a register that day so the rest of the shift could be spent on the computer training.

About half of the seasonal employees STILL refuse to back up cashier to this day because they said that wasn't enough training. :rolleyes:
Between that and the Flow TMs working during business hours and taking all the HL shifts, the only people who can handle E2E processes typically spend 75% of the shifts on the lanes right now, since we have one cashier all day and guests flat out refuse to use self check (big surprise.)

Realistically, the only reason they get a full day of cashier training is because we use the cashier hours for the training hours that day, and after about an hour of reading the manual, they just cashier for real.

About half of the seasonal employees STILL refuse to back up cashier to this day because they said that wasn't enough training. :rolleyes:
Between that and the Flow TMs working during business hours and taking all the HL shifts, the only people who can handle E2E processes typically spend 75% of the shifts on the lanes right now, since we have one cashier all day and guests flat out refuse to use self check (big surprise.)

Realistically, the only reason they get a full day of cashier training is because we use the cashier hours for the training hours that day, and after about an hour of reading the manual, they just cashier for real.
We have the same staffing. Our self checks will ask guests in line to come to self checkout by offering to scan and bag for them. Unless they have an entire cart of groceries of course.
Our gstls hardly call for backup anymore cause they know no one is coming. Lol. Our store is terrible about responding.

Back