2022….what new and interesting ways will target come up with this year to support DC teams?

You will get a CA or a term. A) That's cherrypicking. B) Converting DPCI's converts it for the entire network.

Also converting it to noncon loses money. Noncon is more cost to sort per carton than conveyable. So you're basically improving prod on paper, but really lighting money on fire.

Also a lot of DPCI'S are locked by HQ so you can't change them anyway.
Sarcasm buddy. I referenced some other time that numbers can be manipulative. When you have to constantly load and unload labels from a door… The sorter doesn’t lose productivity but I gain productivity “on paper”. This week was rough for quality holy cow. GN

You want less NC and more conveyable. The only reason you should be changing things over is because it doesn't meet the requirements to be conveyable or cause constant issues on the mezz that stop production every time they are thrown up there
What if you can load ncon straight to a trailer from standing on the other side of the wing? You skip having it be diverted and built. Plus you can just go and put it in the trailer yourself that way your Z # has a clean DPM trail. Plus doing it in a quarters of time. Heck the mezz is already backed up to the firewall. I don’t divert cartons I make sure to load cartons and make sure everything that’s supposed to be on that trailer is on that trailer just as the store expects same as the yard coordinator. Plus I can do it way more efficiently than others so we save money and actually make 💸💸💸. I like to make money. If you close a trailer without unscanning cartons from that specific trailer #. You probably are losing target money… to say the least. Privileges are supposed to be given to the trusted.

Last edited:
What if you can load ncon straight to a trailer from standing on the other side of the wing? You skip having it be diverted and built. Plus you can just go and put it in the trailer yourself that way your Z # has a clean DPM trail. Plus doing it in a quarters of time. Heck the mezz is already backed up to the firewall. I don’t divert cartons I make sure to load cartons and make sure everything that’s supposed to be on that trailer is on that trailer just as the store expects same as the yard coordinator. Plus I can do it way more efficiently than others so we save money and actually make 💸💸💸. I like to make money. If you close a trailer without unscanning cartons from that specific trailer #. You probably are losing target money… to say the least. Privileges are supposed to be given to the trusted.
It's cheaper to divert a carton than to sort a carton. Talking with my SD it cost about 30¢ to divert a carton and about 50¢ to sort and being that my DC is setup to divert any where from 100K to 120K cartons a shift compared to 700-840 cartons sorted per sorter per shift it is definitely cheaper to divert a carton than to sort. Also, what you are proposing is, what if Target had a process called PTS, Pick To Store. It's a process completely doable and will eliminate NC Sort all together. It will be even more cost efficient and many other companies do. I was doing it at the first warehouse I worked at 16 years ago but it will take a change of process, DPCI location rearrangement on a full DC scale, and a change in how the zones are setup. Trust me anyone who wants to be in management has the mindset of making money but you have to make money with what you are dealt with at the time and hope they are working on a PTS process where you can eliminate sort all together, bump up depal staging and lanes staffing, and still being able to catch all the freight. Yes privileges are supposed to be given to the trusted but just cause you can do something doesn't mean you should just cause you think you know better.

It's cheaper to divert a carton than to sort a carton. Talking with my SD it cost about 30¢ to divert a carton and about 50¢ to sort and being that my DC is setup to divert any where from 100K to 120K cartons a shift compared to 700-840 cartons sorted per sorter per shift it is definitely cheaper to divert a carton than to sort. Also, what you are proposing is, what if Target had a process called PTS, Pick To Store. It's a process completely doable and will eliminate NC Sort all together. It will be even more cost efficient and many other companies do. I was doing it at the first warehouse I worked at 16 years ago but it will take a change of process, DPCI location rearrangement on a full DC scale, and a change in how the zones are setup. Trust me anyone who wants to be in management has the mindset of making money but you have to make money with what you are dealt with at the time and hope they are working on a PTS process where you can eliminate sort all together, bump up depal staging and lanes staffing, and still being able to catch all the freight. Yes privileges are supposed to be given to the trusted but just cause you can do something doesn't mean you should just cause you think you know better.
Brb fam
math mathematics GIF by National Geographic Channel

You will get a CA or a term. A) That's cherrypicking. B) Converting DPCI's converts it for the entire network.

Also converting it to noncon loses money. Noncon is more cost to sort per carton than conveyable. So you're basically improving prod on paper, but really lighting money on fire.

Also a lot of DPCI'S are locked by HQ so you can't change them anyway.
Agreed.

“”#’s lie or can be manipulated if you know what I mean 🤨 So why do you feel pay based on performance is necessary? What if a TM is fast but not makes many mistakes. What’s the point of that? Just curious here…. Trying to learn””

They trialed switching to pick to store at my DC. It was considered way more efficient. But they had no interest in continuining it for the time being. That was a few years ago.

They trialed switching to pick to store at my DC. It was considered way more efficient. But they had no interest in continuining it for the time being. That was a few years ago.
I started in 19

Well shit if that's true hopefully they are working on getting it done. It would make things so much easier and way more efficient. Hopefully that means they are working the kinks out now to get it rolled out some time in the near future

Well shit if that's true hopefully they are working on getting it done. It would make things so much easier and way more efficient. Hopefully that means they are working the kinks out now to get it rolled out some time in the near future
We are going to start consolidating

The RSS thing at T557 is pick to store. It's only in believe 3 stores at the moment but supposed to slowly increase this year.

What is a SF?
I believe they meant ship from. At one point the dc mentioned HAD a ship from dc, but that didn’t last long. They are an rdc and took part of the space for certain types of products, mostly car seats and things of that sort. They would ship those directly to customers. It was considered it’s own dc with its own t#, but again it didn’t last long.

I believe they meant ship from. At one point the dc mentioned HAD a ship from dc, but that didn’t last long. They are an rdc and took part of the space for certain types of products, mostly car seats and things of that sort. They would ship those directly to customers. It was considered it’s own dc with its own t#, but again it didn’t last long.
That’s what I had assumed, but didn’t know if he was talking about the sorter field for RSS.

Yesterday I experimented and I loaded almost every carton I was suppose to build in my CA cages i was sorting on a tugger and when I checked my RTP at the end of the night I had 17 pieces for 6 hrs. I prolly loaded over 300 labels to trailers. It isn’t easy. I was so embarrassed when I had to go and tell my OM why I had only had a 3% CPH. Last hour I came back to 8% after I noticed. It’s SNL on a handheld. Then you type the door and you better know the store & trailer #. Function 4: to add a temporary time stamp.

Last edited:
Yesterday I experimented and I loaded almost every carton I was suppose to build in my CA cages i was sorting on a tugger and when I checked my RTP at the end of the night I had 17 pieces for 6 hrs. I prolly loaded over 300 labels to trailers. It isn’t easy. I was so embarrassed when I had to go and tell my OM why I had only had a 3% CPH. Last hour I came back to 8% after I noticed. It’s SNL on a handheld. Then you type the door and you better know the store & trailer #. Function 4: to add a temporary time stamp.

What's SNL compared to CBI?

What's SNL compared to CBI?
Every 3 hours anything that has been cbi'd is auto loaded onto the trailer. That's why sometimes you may notice in DPM more PIPO or noncon has been sorted than the lanes team has gotten credit for. Or you have more PIPO in your lanes than what's listed on DPM or IRP.

SNL force loads it onto the trailer and bypasses the whole autoload process. But the sorter doesn't usually get prod credit for it. So its usually used when a closer has to SUL freight off a trailer they can't fit stuff on they're suppose to use SNL so they don't double dip on prod.

Back