Archived 4x4/power hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

consume

凸(-_-)凸
Whose stores are still going nuts for this nonsense? A friend tl has to stand for a whole hour at the registers with all of his peers and greet guests.. Much like the guy from Idiocracy.. "Welcome to target, I love you"

No mention of power hour in months, but 4x4 is halfassed now everyday with our 1 or 2 person salesfloor team zoning a few aisles (but not very well since it's difficult to superzone some areas without a PDA, which we don't have enough of!)

It's amazing how even though they don't walk a single sheet they still manage to notice one isn't done

Tell me about it, I have dictionary thick stack of salesplanners for next week, but I have to spend about 30+m on 4x4 fixing other people's zone.. Then am hour walking around asking cihyfs.. Then I get asked why I could only get 3 sps done today.. I really wanted to explain why... But it's not gonna change

Tell me about it, I have dictionary thick stack of salesplanners for next week, but I have to spend about 30+m on 4x4 fixing other people's zone.. Then am hour walking around asking cihyfs.. Then I get asked why I could only get 3 sps done today.. I really wanted to explain why... But it's not gonna change

Power Hour is gone and dead at my store, I think it lasted a week, before we... and half the weekly guest survey bitched about it.

We haven't done power hour in a few weeks, maybe a month. We do 4x4s Monday through Friday with all the day side team. Price change comes and does one side of an aisle each before they go back to changing prices. I don't remember the order, but The days are market, domestics, hba, softlines, annnd toys I think. I've never been there for toys or sl. From what I hear and see, sl gets shafted in this little teamwork thing. In the other areas, we stay until it gets done. In sl, limited to 1 hour or so (which wouldn't be problematic if we weren't spending up to 2 hours in other areas every morning) and sl is just too big to do all of it in one day anyway.

We've been having service assault power hour for about a year now, and it's here to stay. We started off with the walking around asking cihyfs for the entire hour-- no CAFs, no projects, et cetera, just a strictly guest-oriented focus. Guests complained about being approached multiple times and getting asked the same thing. One of them even asked what the heck was wrong with us in the survey.
We'd return to the line and find it full of CAFs so leadership eventually decided we needed to work on them while doing power hour. Work+cihyfs-- we're supposed to be doing this anyway power hour or not.

4x4s are such a pain. It just seems like busywork to me.

4x4s & power hour are still alive at my store too, luckily I don't have to deal with it since I'm BR. =) As for the 4x4s I'm positive that it's never 100% complete because I still see label strips missing and stocking issues everywhere.

The only team at our store that actually has to fix the problems during 4x4's is the instocks team. All other teams are simply required to zone and write the problems on a form so that it can be addressed later (more likely than not by the instocks team).

4x4s & power hour are still alive at my store too, luckily I don't have to deal with it since I'm BR. =) As for the 4x4s I'm positive that it's never 100% complete because I still see label strips missing and stocking issues everywhere.
I wish we were that lucky....our backroom team has to do the 4x4 mon through friday

I think this shows the lack of thought and direction from corporate on what a 4x4 should be. There is no standard, every store does it completely different, as we're given no resources or guidelines other than "get it done".

4x4's can make a difference, but we're not given the time and manpower to make them work

lol ours is like mega 4x4.. one day i spent an hour and a half replacing zone frees and the front and backs in the deodorant aisle...

We still have power hour BS. It sucks for the front end because we aren't allowed to schedule anyone's breaks during power hour. As a result there's a rush of breaks right before and right after power hour so that people can have breaks at reasonable intervals. Of course right before and right after PH is ALSO a very busy time so we end up on backup for an hour, which salesfloor absolutely loves.

They brought back power hour in my store. Suuuucks, because if you have a short morning shift, you end up spending 45minutes-2 hours doing 4x4 then an hour doing power hour. So dumb.

They brought back power hour in my store. Suuuucks, because if you have a short morning shift, you end up spending 45minutes-2 hours doing 4x4 then an hour doing power hour. So dumb.
Same with us. Just like someone posted earlier ours pretty much went out the window once bts hit. It has now returned with a vengeance.

Yeah, I love how every day the market tms have to help with 4x4, but the day we gotta do our huge ass aisle, I have to beg them for help and remind them we do all the other 4x4s

I remeber one day when I was LOD my entire opening Frontend (GSA/Service Desk/ and Cashier) called off.

I pulled one of the hard lines TMs to cover as a cashier until HR could call someone else in.

My STL freaked that I took someone away from precious 4x4 walks and said it was the 'most important focus of the store.' Ok then, who else is going to cover the registers?

She ended up sending the TM to work on 4x4, even though we had someone else in HL + electronics. She ended cashiering herself and had the poor foodave TM run between the service desk and there until 2:00.

I remeber one day when I was LOD my entire opening Frontend (GSA/Service Desk/ and Cashier) called off.

I pulled one of the hard lines TMs to cover as a cashier until HR could call someone else in.

My STL freaked that I took someone away from precious 4x4 walks and said it was the 'most important focus of the store.' Ok then, who else is going to cover the registers?

She ended up sending the TM to work on 4x4, even though we had someone else in HL + electronics. She ended cashiering herself and had the poor foodave TM run between the service desk and there until 2:00.
This perfectly explains everything that is wrong with this company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back