Archived 6o'clock CAFs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else's store been given word about the new 6PM CAF pulls? Is it just for fourth quarter or permanently moving forward? Not looking forward to having to stay later every day now

The message on our board...

Your last CAF is at 6, and NEVER SUBT9999 for any reason!

Based on your org chart they are here to stay. There is a roll out guide on redwire but basically they didn't change the pull thresholds but just adjusted when each fill group is pulled. So paper might be pulled more often or what not.

My store will probably still have backroom scheduled til 7 and expect price change, 6pm pulls, and pushing out the CAFs all done. OH and setting the line if its a truck day the next day. I mean...those things take little time right..so easy to do all that. OH cant forget that MYFA that just droped into the gun for an item in ready to wear thats unlocated! OH and when you cant find it have to find an LOD about not finding it and they can do whatever

OH and salesfloor just called back to pull a large item that you need to get on the wave for

My store USED to have Salesfloor work out CAFs but now we have a personscheduled from like 12-4 or 4:30 or so to work out CAFS and then the closer whose shift is usually 12-7

It sucks because basically when 4 hits....its
Pull the 4 CAFs
Lunch,
Pull the 5 CAFS which was 30 fillgroups last night. Push the CAFs I guess?
Pull price change at 6, which last night I had BPLS and 7 other fill groups...and there were multiple boxes underneath alot of boxes on a ton of pallets in receiving above the line which took FOREVER. I had 6 vehicles of price change last night

And supposed to have a break in there but i never take it

Last edited:
My store will probably still have backroom scheduled til 7 and expect price change, 6pm pulls, and pushing out the CAFs all done. OH and setting the line if its a truck day the next day. I mean...those things take little time right..so easy to do all that. OH cant forget that MYFA that just droped into the gun for an item in ready to wear thats unlocated! OH and when you cant find it have to find an LOD about not finding it and they can do whatever

OH and salesfloor just called back to pull a large item that you need to get on the wave for

My store USED to have Salesfloor work out CAFs but now we have a personscheduled from like 12-4 or 4:30 or so to work out CAFS and then the closer whose shift is usually 12-7

Pull the 4 CAFs
Lunch,
Pull price change at 6, which last night I had BPLS and 7 other fill groups...and there were multiple boxes underneath alot of boxes on a ton of pallets in receiving above the line which took FOREVER. I had 6 vehicles of price change last night

Good job working that 15 minutes for free. I hate hearing people not taking their breaks.

You're paid for your fifteen minute breaks...

I don't have a reply that won't sound preachy. Don't take your breaks then.

I just can't comprehend people who work through their breaks for this company. Why would you do that?

I've been known to skip my last break every now and then, especially when closing backroom. There's a lot for me to do and I honestly would rather just get it done than sit around for 15 minutes. I can rest when I'm dead dammit.

Our store also got the 6PM CAFs, but I'm only scheduled until 6:45 instead of 7.
Gee, thanks guys.

I just can't comprehend people who work through their breaks for this company. Why would you do that?
hahaha, "BRB everyone, I'm gonna go twiddle my thumbs in the breakroom for 15-20 minutes." :p

I take my breaks, but not usually a whole 15 minutes at scheduled times. My breaks are going to the restroom, chatting with a coworker, taking a personal call, getting a bite to eat or a refreshing drink, or even sitting at a computer for however long that takes. It all probably adds up to more than 30 minutes a day anyways, then add a required 30 min lunch.

I'm not gonna break my back for his company, but I also have my own idea of taking a break. :cool:

Target's policy on breaks and meals is not standard in my state.

I can understand, though, that cart attendants and cashiers need their breaks and lunches given to them in a more structured way than a person on Plano or Price Accuracy.

So our ETL-LOG told us today that we are getting 11am and 6pm CAFs added...

I can see the 11am working during the busy 4th quarter when Flow and morning BR go overnight, but beyond that it is going to suck badly. On most days, at 11am the BR is just starting to backstock the perpetual mess that is our backroom, not to mention that lunch breaks will have to be really planned out in advance so that its not just the mid on his own at 11am.

The 6pm CAFs make no sense at all. They can't seriously expect the closer to pull an extra round of CAFs in the same hour as price change and all the other crap. It's much easier to let the morning autofills replenish everything that sold after 5pm, since we have plenty of TMs in the morning to handle it. And who the hell is going to be coming up from the sales floor to work pulls at that time of night?

Our closer flipped the fuck out when I told him the news today. I wouldn't be surprised if he just burns every single batch in passive-aggressive protest.

@unknown
What does your opinion on whether or not TMs take their breaks have to do with 6pm CAFs?

Some people, myself included feel they don't need a break every day. I do take breaks, but some days I'd rather just keep working. I also get mad at myself when there's a lot to do and I have to take a thirty. I only need fifteen minutes to eat lunch... I just get bored the other fifteen. Also when I take breaks that's when I get tired and not wanting to go back to work.

So our ETL-LOG told us today that we are getting 11am and 6pm CAFs added...

I can see the 11am working during the busy 4th quarter when Flow and morning BR go overnight, but beyond that it is going to suck badly. On most days, at 11am the BR is just starting to backstock the perpetual mess that is our backroom, not to mention that lunch breaks will have to be really planned out in advance so that its not just the mid on his own at 11am.

The 6pm CAFs make no sense at all. They can't seriously expect the closer to pull an extra round of CAFs in the same hour as price change and all the other crap. It's much easier to let the morning autofills replenish everything that sold after 5pm, since we have plenty of TMs in the morning to handle it. And who the hell is going to be coming up from the sales floor to work pulls at that time of night?

Our closer flipped the fuck out when I told him the news today. I wouldn't be surprised if he just burns every single batch in passive-aggressive protest.

@unknown
What does your opinion on whether or not TMs take their breaks have to do with 6pm CAFs?
Our store is adding a new shift from 5-10. I believe they're also doing some manual pulls for certain sections. Manuals our life.

Lol that would require HR to successfully hire someone.
Lol sadly I think they just have some morning guys come in at night. Which is fun, that way when I get there in the morning and theyre bitching about the Backstock they have no one else to blame but themselves. Although I have volunteered to work Saturdays because Sundays auto fills are super heavy and instocks always ends up pushing them and never being able to do actual instocks stuff

Pull the 4 CAFs
Lunch,

Our closers don't pull price change or set the line. The TM that comes in at 530 in the morning sets the line. The opening BR team pulls the price change. What's the point of pulling the price change when I don't ticket it until the sales floor is done. It just sits around clogging tubs and flats that we need.

Some people, myself included feel they don't need a break every day. I do take breaks, but some days I'd rather just keep working. I also get mad at myself when there's a lot to do and I have to take a thirty. I only need fifteen minutes to eat lunch... I just get bored the other fifteen. Also when I take breaks that's when I get tired and not wanting to go back to work.

I always take a 15 and then 30 for lunch. But for backroom I take lunch at like 4:35-4:45...and I leave at 7..so. I get back from lunch and have less than 2 hours left. I guess i could go to lunch pull the 5s take a break and then do price change/finish other things then leave at 7 but whatever...its not a big deal

Our closers don't pull price change or set the line. The TM that comes in at 530 in the morning sets the line. The opening BR team pulls the price change. What's the point of pulling the price change when I don't ticket it until the sales floor is done. It just sits around clogging tubs and flats that we need.

Closing must be nice at your store

Has anyone else's store been given word about the new 6PM CAF pulls? Is it just for fourth quarter or permanently moving forward? Not looking forward to having to stay later every day now
Yes they are starting 11AM pulls and 6PM pulls but instead being able to pull from all the subs they are only going be allowed to pull from certain subs every hour.

Yes they are starting 11AM pulls and 6PM pulls but instead being able to pull from all the subs they are only going be allowed to pull from certain subs every hour.
you store never did 11ams? ours does... but theres never a backroom tm to do them, so we they always pull me off the flood to do them. they have missed them a few times when im not there. i usually just have to walk back there and do them... twenty minutes later ill get a call over the walkie asking if i can do them... i usually respond with "11 oclock caf pulls are complete and ready to be pushed to the floor."

you store never did 11ams? ours does... but theres never a backroom tm to do them, so we they always pull me off the flood to do them. they have missed them a few times when im not there. i usually just have to walk back there and do them... twenty minutes later ill get a call over the walkie asking if i can do them... i usually respond with "11 oclock caf pulls are complete and ready to be pushed to the floor."
at our store the only pulls backroom does is the morning autofills sales floor does all CAF pulls

at our store the only pulls backroom does is the morning autofills sales floor does all CAF pulls
It sounds like he's saying there's nobody in the backroom to actually pull them and take them to the line... Which is insane but somehow now surprising.

Some of us, namely presentation, do not have anyone who can do our work when we leave, and it always seems to get down to the wire (who am I kidding, we haven't gotten our workload completely done for 2 months now). Some of us have our different methods of getting it back, I take more then 15 minutes on my first break.

My ETLs haven't said anything, but I have noticed CAF pulls in the coolers and freezer after 6pm. It's frustrating for me that I can't push those CAFs because we're supposed to start zoning after 6. I think is just for 4th quarter(hopefully).

My store is adding a 730AM perishables caf. Then Cafs run from 10 through 6. Was previously 11-7. Should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back