• Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mxrbook

Are you kidding me? Can anyone say, "Waste of time and effort."

If that is indeed a requisition account, that's great! That DOES make sense.

When vibing with a gift card, does your store requisition the gift card (is that even possible?) or use a "Target coupon" on the register?

Reviving this thread in hopes for some info about the requisition accounts. Does anyone have a list or know where I can find the list?

So far, I have heard of 979, 772, 774, 619, & this one 719, but the only ones my store uses AFAIK are 601 and 549.

The ones I know of:

549-Recognition
619-Supplies (I think, that's where my TL requisitioned some supplies)
719-Vibe Empowerment
979-"make the guest happy account"

But what is "vibe empowerment"? Is that empowering supervisors to make things right for the guest? If so, wouldn't that fall under 979?
I get the feeling 719 would be perhaps offering a GC for a guest opening an RC or some other such thing (not likely, but the only front end example I could think of) where 979 is if we screwed up or the system screwed up.

A photo lab example, from my understanding:

Someone orders prints that our printer messes up. GSTL decides to give the guest a GC, so we use 979.

If we're going to requisition a guest something to vibe with them like say $5 gift card for ordering bulk photos (1500+) that would be under 719 because it's less "we screwed up" and more "we're doing this to keep you as a guest" type thing.

What happens if you put a random number under the account when requisitioning? Does it get declined or does it still go through? Can these accounts go negative if used too much?

What happens if you put a random number under the account when requisitioning? Does it get declined or does it still go through? Can these accounts go negative if used too much?

I'm not sure what would happen if you typed an invalid req account, as I've never done it before. I'm guessing POS would decline it. As far as requisitions going "negative," I'm not sure; I know it is taken out of the store's budget and your STL will get wind of requisitions taking up too much of the budget.

I'm not sure what would happen if you typed an invalid req account, as I've never done it before. I'm guessing POS would decline it. As far as requisitions going "negative," I'm not sure; I know it is taken out of the store's budget and your STL will get wind of requisitions taking up too much of the budget.
I accidentally typed the wrong account once by hitting the wrong button and it said "invalid account" or something. I remember getting a red screen...

979 is not on the list.
On workbench I think it is called store account dictionary. Do a search for it. I'm pretty sure it is a complete list, without 719

Last edited:
I got to witness what happens when all the #'s are wrong when my STL tried requisitioning something andscrewed up and had to havemw do it:p There is indeed a red error screen. I think she was trying to change department instead of account IIRC.

Last edited:
I couldn't find a complete list, just a list of the "most common" accounts. 979 wasn't listed.
979 isn't on the list for some reason when you search requisition best practice. Our HR somehow got the account number and emailed it out. I was apparently the only one to read that email...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back