Archived $8.00 Huggies Coupons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else dealing with these lately? I've heard many, many different stories to being photoshop'd or even a company misprint. They work(ed) on anything as low as the $9.49 Huggies diapers in the plastic bags.

Been around since February this year or so...however now when they are scanned, POS recognizes its fake and says "Not a valid coupon", which is good because its obviously faked.

When I tell this to the guest they get all defensive and say "well, the other Target took it!!!!!", and proceeds to saying "WELL! I am just going to put back this whole cart of diapers I was planning on buying!"

And when they say taking it back it means more reshop for the sales floor team.

Still get these multiple times a day :/

Anyone else dealing with these lately? I've heard many, many different stories to being photoshop'd or even a company misprint. They work(ed) on anything as low as the $9.49 Huggies diapers in the plastic bags.

Been around since February this year or so...however now when they are scanned, POS recognizes its fake and says "Not a valid coupon", which is good because its obviously faked.

When I tell this to the guest they get all defensive and say "well, the other Target took it!!!!!", and proceeds to saying "WELL! I am just going to put back this whole cart of diapers I was planning on buying!"

And when they say taking it back it means more reshop for the sales floor team.

Still get these multiple times a day :/

I'm a bit of a coupon police myself. We have so many guests that come in to scam us (when I say so many, i mean around 10 or so "regulars". I probably patrol them more than need be. I do get frustrated by the huggies coupons and those like them, but try to be sympathetic to those guest. They are more than likely NOT trying to scam you. They just went to a link on an email that looked legit and printed it out. After using the coupons several times, you telling them they are fraudulent just doesn't seem likely. It sucks for everyone.

I'm a bit of a coupon police myself. We have so many guests that come in to scam us (when I say so many, i mean around 10 or so "regulars". I probably patrol them more than need be. I do get frustrated by the huggies coupons and those like them, but try to be sympathetic to those guest. They are more than likely NOT trying to scam you. They just went to a link on an email that looked legit and printed it out. After using the coupons several times, you telling them they are fraudulent just doesn't seem likely. It sucks for everyone.

Yup. Sometimes coupons like that are legitimate which makes the case that the huggies ones are. Can be hard to tell the difference between someone who honestly got the coupon and one whose soul intent was to return for the reimbursement. I am starting to recognize faces, they always choose either backup cashiers or those that are new; unfortunate.

Ugh! Print-out coupons ALWAYS cause headaches because there's always going to be scammers & it makes it harder for those who are legit users.
I remember the $60 Lifescan coupon for the glucose testers & the buyer would always bring it back saying "it was the wrong one". The manf finally sent out an email warning that they were fakes.
And, yeh, we have regulars who always look for the newest cashiers.

I just had an encounter with the $8.00 coupon for Huggies while I was backing up. Some lady gave it to the guest ahead of her because she wasn't gonna use it and the guest had the diapers. When I scanned it, it said "This coupon isn't valid" or something like that. I scanned it a few more times to make sure it wasn't an error and it said the same thing. I called the GSTL and she did the K4 Discount -> Target Coupon for $8.

While we are on the subject of coupons, what are your store policies? I try to enforce the published coupon policy, but the LODs at my store tend to make up their own rules on the fly and I never know what is or isn't okay and it's driving me crazy. It's hard to argue with a guest that is following the published policy, yet the LOD makes up non-publishedwin rules on the fly and the guest winds up mad at me. Anyone else dealing with this too?

When you clock in, ask the LOD what today's policy will be. If they look at you funny, show them a print out of the policy & ask if they will be enforcing it or not so you may adjust acordingly in an attempt to reduce the number of times you will have to call them.

While we are on the subject of coupons, what are your store policies? I try to enforce the published coupon policy, but the LODs at my store tend to make up their own rules on the fly and I never know what is or isn't okay and it's driving me crazy. It's hard to argue with a guest that is following the published policy, yet the LOD makes up non-publishedwin rules on the fly and the guest winds up mad at me. Anyone else dealing with this too?

In my store the policy my ETLs enforce is 1 manufacturer and 1 target coupon per item.

We had a guest at our store who discovered how to decode the coupon barcodes....I honestly thought the whole thing was weird but our register was allowing the whole thing to happen.

We had a guest at our store who discovered how to decode the coupon barcodes....I honestly thought the whole thing was weird but our register was allowing the whole thing to happen.

What do you mean "decode"?

I hate it when they pull the "well THE OTHER TARGET let me use it just yesterday" card... Well is this the same Target? No, I didn't think so.

Whenever they start "the OTHER Target did it", I ask 'em "Which store? Because I'm sure their leadership is unaware of this."
Then they start back-pedaling & develop amnesia.

I wish you worked at my store. We get these wackos (not wacos) all the time!

Whenever they start "the OTHER Target did it", I ask 'em "Which store? Because I'm sure their leadership is unaware of this."
Then they start back-pedaling & develop amnesia.

How convenient... :rolleyes:

I wish you worked at my store. We get these wackos (not wacos) all the time!

Our store actully started enforcing the family size limit thing, and to curb our policy some ""guests"" like now do multiple transactions without coupons and then do missed coupons the next day at guest service. I really wish we could fix that loophole. Oh, and another thing intresting about these ""guests"". Not only to they buy huge quantities and forget coupons. They love to return everything a week or two later and get full refunds on the amount. So not only does spot have to pay cashiers to take these transactions, but they have to pay someone to restock after everything is said and done.

I wanted to add- The Gsl also mentioned to me that when the coupons scanned they took $10 off a $0.97 product....so this lady was obtaining $9.00 discounts on our gift cards. Our team member cards won't work, but coupon overage (which shouldn't work according to policy) does... Bullseye why is our register so weird?

Last edited:
We have seen these huggies coupons around our stores as an issue as well. Our AP Regional Manager (Essentially all the Midwest States) sent an email to all of the stores about these coupons. Apparently we have been hit real hard by these.

At Walmart our computers don't let us get to very many websites (mostly competition websites [not target because your new site is too advanced for our old browser] and a couple of other random ones like noaa.gov and mapquest.gov ). It does let us use the CIC website though, and I have it bookmarked (our store prints it out, but who wants to look through half a ream of paper to find one coupon?) Any time there is a question on a coupon, I will go to the site and use the control-f to search for the coupon since it is sorted by newest first with no way to sort by brand. I once got a group of young college guys who took every gatorade off our shelf to use a huge stack of coupons. I searched for it and found that it was fake. I then went to our printed version and found it to show them that it was fake. I kept the coupons ripped them (after they left) and then threw them away.

We have seen these huggies coupons around our stores as an issue as well. Our AP Regional Manager (Essentially all the Midwest States) sent an email to all of the stores about these coupons. Apparently we have been hit real hard by these.

At Walmart our computers don't let us get to very many websites (mostly competition websites [not target because your new site is too advanced for our old browser] and a couple of other random ones like noaa.gov and mapquest.gov ). It does let us use the CIC website though, and I have it bookmarked (our store prints it out, but who wants to look through half a ream of paper to find one coupon?) Any time there is a question on a coupon, I will go to the site and use the control-f to search for the coupon since it is sorted by newest first with no way to sort by brand. I once got a group of young college guys who took every gatorade off our shelf to use a huge stack of coupons. I searched for it and found that it was fake. I then went to our printed version and found it to show them that it was fake. I kept the coupons ripped them (after they left) and then threw them away.

Let me guess, and leaving all that Gatorade behind:yes3:

Yes, I did forget to mention that :) Two full carts of gatorade... (I left it for overnights since it was like 10PM. oops. :secret:

Yes, I did forget to mention that :) Two full carts of gatorade... (I left it for overnights since it was like 10PM. oops. :secret:

Stop them cold! Good job!
I had a gust who a x360 coupon for $59 off on call of duty game. Basically, 1 cent for the game & I said, "no way".

Our store actully started enforcing the family size limit thing, and to curb our policy some ""guests"" like now do multiple transactions without coupons and then do missed coupons the next day at guest service. I really wish we could fix that loophole. Oh, and another thing intresting about these ""guests"". Not only to they buy huge quantities and forget coupons. They love to return everything a week or two later and get full refunds on the amount. So not only does spot have to pay cashiers to take these transactions, but they have to pay someone to restock after everything is said and done.

I wanted to add- The Gsl also mentioned to me that when the coupons scanned they took $10 off a $0.97 product....so this lady was obtaining $9.00 discounts on our gift cards. Our team member cards won't work, but coupon overage (which shouldn't work according to policy) does... Bullseye why is our register so weird?

Our store does not take coupons after the same day for that very reason. It makes a lot of people mad but it curbs the people who aren't so honest.
We also have started declining large returns of Health and beauty items. Our ETL AP and GE are just getting pissed at the over flowing carts of it and so we just say no. Our ETL-AP is kind of a hard ass and our theft has really gone down since he's been there. I love it when he's working because I can always count him to back me up when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back