805 times regular employees pay

I got 30 bloody fucking cents so F every tool defending this ass clown.

salty yes yes I am and you should be too
I got the same exact raise too and I was very unhappy about it too. Also as usual I got insulted by this raise and insulted with their reasoning for it too.

Defend the wealthy bastard just a little bit harder and maybe he’ll throw some pennies your way! Come on, there is absolutely no reason for his pay to be 805 times the median Target worker when he has employees on food stamps.
Alright then, what if we divided up his money among all the employees? There's over 400,000 Target employees, so divide 77 million by 400k, and you get $192 per employee. Assuming you work 1500 hours each year, that'd be equivalent to a 13 cent raise. Not exactly life changing.

Defend the wealthy bastard just a little bit harder and maybe he’ll throw some pennies your way! Come on, there is absolutely no reason for his pay to be 805 times the median Target worker when he has employees on food stamps.
I am satisfied with my compensation. I am happy for Brian, and wish you more peanut butter and a little leas jelly 😘

I am satisfied with my compensation. I am happy for Brian, and wish you more peanut butter and a little leas jelly 😘
Like the post, but I'm not satisfied with my pay. Compared to previous jobs I have to solve harder situations more quickly with worse consequences for mistakes, while creating quite a bit of value...for less pay. But that's on me for liking what I do, like some kinda sucka.

He can probably give 1000 bonuses each year/christmas to tms like the way they did to team leads and still be millionnaire. I don't know why tls got 1000 bonuses during covid. Ours are lazy af.

He can probably give 1000 bonuses each year/christmas to tms like the way they did to team leads and still be millionnaire. I don't know why tls got 1000 bonuses during covid. Ours are lazy af.
$1000 bonuses would cost $400 million, which is over 5 times his pay. A lot of people call their TL's lazy and don't do shit, yet they don't want the job for themselves to reap the benefits of the extra hourly pay and bonuses.

Before he took over in 2014, Target had a market cap of 37-38 Billion, today that's well over 103 billion. In the article, it says Cornell's base salary remained unchanged from the previous year at $1.4 million, and the majority of Cornell's compensation came from long-term equity awards that were either vested or exercised in 2020, which had a combined worth of $70 million. When you're the CEO of a 100 billion dollar company, you get compensated for that, and you get rewarded for growing it. That's just the way this world works. The same article says Target did not lay off, furlough, or reduce the compensation of its store employees through the year. Instead, the company spent $1 billion more than the previous year on five rounds of bonuses, new and increased employee benefits, and health and safety investments. The company also accelerated its move to a $15 per hour starting wage for employees.

Many businesses out there still not up to $15, not giving any type of benefits, laying people off, or giving furloughs. Especially through the pandemic. So what more do you expect for working as a regular TM at Target? Find a new job or go to school, get a degree, pick up a trade, earn certificates to open yourself up to better opportunities out there where you can get paid like you feel you deserve, pick up some side jobs. If we all got paid $25 an hour, people will STILL BE UPSET about their pay, about their job, about TL's being lazy and not deserving $30-35 an hour, and not happy about the CEO earning his share for the growing the hell out of this company which was at a brink of collapse under the old CEO. We will never be paid enough, so be happy you got a damn job.

Love how we have hr idiots working for spot

they can’t even put the food back into the refrigerator in the break room after it being clean. And those damn dots and throwing my lunch away. that I work hard for.
Some of us in HR are not idiots. We get to clean up all the mess that others leave behind. Guess who cleans the refrigerators and microwaves?

I think it is stupid that they reduced the TM raises, this year. Target is doing so well!

I have a family member who works for trader joes. They have worked there 18 months and already make $18 per hour and they are just a sales floor tm/cashier

$1000 bonuses would cost $400 million, which is over 5 times his pay. A lot of people call their TL's lazy and don't do shit, yet they don't want the job for themselves to reap the benefits of the extra hourly pay and bonuses.

Before he took over in 2014, Target had a market cap of 37-38 Billion, today that's well over 103 billion. In the article, it says Cornell's base salary remained unchanged from the previous year at $1.4 million, and the majority of Cornell's compensation came from long-term equity awards that were either vested or exercised in 2020, which had a combined worth of $70 million. When you're the CEO of a 100 billion dollar company, you get compensated for that, and you get rewarded for growing it. That's just the way this world works. The same article says Target did not lay off, furlough, or reduce the compensation of its store employees through the year. Instead, the company spent $1 billion more than the previous year on five rounds of bonuses, new and increased employee benefits, and health and safety investments. The company also accelerated its move to a $15 per hour starting wage for employees.

Many businesses out there still not up to $15, not giving any type of benefits, laying people off, or giving furloughs. Especially through the pandemic. So what more do you expect for working as a regular TM at Target? Find a new job or go to school, get a degree, pick up a trade, earn certificates to open yourself up to better opportunities out there where you can get paid like you feel you deserve, pick up some side jobs. If we all got paid $25 an hour, people will STILL BE UPSET about their pay, about their job, about TL's being lazy and not deserving $30-35 an hour, and not happy about the CEO earning his share for the growing the hell out of this company which was at a brink of collapse under the old CEO. We will never be paid enough, so be happy you got a damn job.
That's the thing though. It's not like his pay is unreasonable. After all, as you say, his salary is only $1.4million. But those stock cash outs and all the other stuff behind the extra $76million? Those COULD be divided evenly between all employees, even if it was only $200 each. His taking that extra $76mil is off of our backs because HE has not grown the company himself. ALL of us have, and all of us should see the reward. Us getting a less than $30k salary while he gets 805 times more? That's where the problem is.

Agreed.

i don’t see anyone saying that his wealth in terms of pay should be redistributed to team members in the form of raises. what they are saying is that team members should simply be paid more relative to the value they create for shareholders
H! How much more monies should an hourly store TM make? Target pays $15/hr minimum wage nationwide. Which in many states is 2x the federal minimum wage of $7.25/hr. Which is also $1 more than the highest minimum wage of $14/hr nationwide.
Target has been at the forefront of efforts to creat an inclusive, immersive and competitive environment for its TMs.
I have used a few of the services for tms through targetpayandbenefits. From 401k to healthcare, mental health resources , telemedicine , loa , pto etc . These benefits are added value to me and many on our team. Lets not forget the music, it makes the good girls go bad.
So, the $15/hr Target is paying is more like $20/hr.
The question remains how much more should they pay?

H! How much more monies should an hourly store TM make? Target pays $15/hr minimum wage nationwide. Which in many states is 2x the federal minimum wage of $7.25/hr. Which is also $1 more than the highest minimum wage of $14/hr nationwide.
Target has been at the forefront of efforts to creat an inclusive, immersive and competitive environment for its TMs.
I have used a few of the services for tms through targetpayandbenefits. From 401k to healthcare, mental health resources , telemedicine , loa , pto etc . These benefits are added value to me and many on our team. Lets not forget the music, it makes the good girls go bad.
So, the $15/hr Target is paying is more like $20/hr.
The question remains how much more should they pay?
i think workers in this country are incredibly underpaid so $20/hr plus benefits sounds like a good starting point

Atleast , pay more money based on our annual review . Then people will try to work hard too to achieve a good rating ( I hope). My friend at Macy’s used to have commissioned base pay but now they took it away and the raise is based on their individual annual sales . That seemed fair to me .

Atleast , pay more money based on our annual review . Then people will try to work hard too to achieve a good rating ( I hope). My friend at Macy’s used to have commissioned base pay but now they took it away and the raise is based on their individual annual sales . That seemed fair to me .
I worked for a retailer 20 years ago who had commission and when they stopped the commission you were paid based on you annual sales. Twenty years ago there were some employees making $13 to $14 an hour, with most of us making $10 to $11.

I worked for a retailer 20 years ago who had commission and when they stopped the commission you were paid based on you annual sales. Twenty years ago there were some employees making $13 to $14 an hour, with most of us making $10 to $11.
Leadership should review without any bias or favoritism for that process to be fair though .

If you aren’t happy with your pay find another job! Target pay twice the federal minimum wage $15 is plenty, not be rude but if you aren’t a TL target is job not a long term career

Back