805 times regular employees pay

I understand why people get worked up over it, but eh, it's the way of the world. I sure wouldn't want his job. Hell, I wouldn't even be a leader again. Too much stress, not interested.
Exactly. Being able to clock out and forget about work, have a life, privacy, the ability to screw up on the job without making front-page news? That's priceless to me.

If anyone is able and willing to do Brian's job for a fraction of his salary, I'm sure Bullseye would be thrilled to save all that money.

Last edited:
I got the same exact raise too and I was very unhappy about it too. Also as usual I got insulted by this raise and insulted with their reasoning for it too.
I got the same and after thinking about it for a few days I decided to say something. I went to etl and tl and told them why I thought I should be a 3. I work the truck and was going to stay late and finish up some stuff but thought why if no one appreciates the extra effort. Afterwards I told them no hard feelings but I needed to get it off my chest. Each person should be evaluated honestly for their work attendance and performance. There should not be a cap on number of 2's and 3's given (if there is in fact a cap per store). Target does a lot of things correctly such as diversity and inclusivity but giving a job performance review based on random things is not something done correctly. I am motivated by people appreciating my work and not money so to me it was a slap in the face. I take pride in my area and my work.

If you aren’t happy with your pay find another job! Target pay twice the federal minimum wage $15 is plenty, not be rude but if you aren’t a TL target is job not a long term career
The federal minimum wage is outdated and needs to be adjusted. As for the $15, $15 in Alabama is a whole lot of money compared to NY, NJ, or CA.

My take is to get rid of team leaders and give their extra dollars to every single TMs as they are already in charge of their own isles and departments. All TL do in my store are middlemen who passes on messages from ETLs. Ever since they made us in charge, it felt like TL became obsolete.

My take is to get rid of team leaders and give their extra dollars to every single TMs as they are already in charge of their own isles and departments. All TL do in my store are middlemen who passes on messages from ETLs. Ever since they made us in charge, it felt like TL became obsolete.
The TLs in my store have no choice but to work, otherwise shit wouldn't get done. They have to pick up the slack when there's no coverage.

considering how incompetent at time management the average tm is this sounds like a great plan imo

Corporate greed, A company who lies and claims to care and give a fuck about employees but make too much for a position that involves sitting in a office most of the time. Wish a lot of people will wake up and find jobs that aren’t big corporate run and find the best options possible for themselves. Big corporations is screwing the modern work world.

Now it came to pass, when the cost of living began to multiply on the face of the Earth, that the team members of the stores saw the unionized companies, that they were happy, so they took votes and unionized, and worked all the hours that they chose. And BRIAN saw that the happiness of the team members was great in the store, and that every intent of the thoughts of their hearts was only pay and benefits continually. And BRIAN was sorry that he had hired them on, and he was grieved in his heart. So BRIAN said, "I will destroy the teams whom I have hired unto my stores, both salaried and hourly, TM and TL, for I am sorry that I hired them." But the store director found grace in the eyes of BRIAN.

And BRIAN said unto the store director, "The end of all unions is come before me, for the schedule is filled with hours through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the store." And it came to pass, on that day were the valves of the plumbing broken up, and the sprinklers of the fire suppression pipes were opened. And flooding was upon the store forty days and forty nights. And the waters prevailed exceedingly in the store, and all the high mountains of repacks and casestock were covered. And all those perished who worked in the store, all of the ETLs and TLs and every team member who was in the union, and only the store director remained alive, and those who had transferred with him to other stores.

Last edited:
Is he overpaid? Sure. Is his brain worth $77.5 million a year to humanity? Not a shot. But is that position really overpaid as much as a lot of you would like to claim? Eh, probably not. Certainly not for the reasons that you claim. I claim he's overpaid because he's going to fuel the fire of the company burning to the ground over a number of years/decades as he and the rest of the board further destroy the brand and continue to make the stores look worse and worse. But that's not what any of you are bitching about, so I digress... let's get back to it.

Target had 370,000 employees last year... Brian Cornell made $77.5 million.

If Brian Cornell worked that job for free (something that absolutely zero of you would do) and redistributed his earnings back evenly to all team members company wide, you would all get a big fat whopping $209 extra a year. Let me break that down further for you. That means, getting paid every 2 weeks, you'd get an extra $8 a paycheck. Hardly enough to make any actual difference in your lives. You know where that money would go? Most of you would use it to go 1 extra time to McDonald's every two weeks instead of eating at home. And that's it. That's where that money would go.

All some of you see is a big number and your brain shuts down and you become outraged. We live in a clickbait culture where people don't think for themselves. Truth be told, people have never thought for themselves, but technology has made it exponentially worse.

Shut the fuck up, stop worrying about bullshit that has absolutely nothing to do with you, and start asking the right questions. Such as, how am I improving my life? Can I control this? No, I can't. Knowing that I can't control it and knowing that it has no actual impact on my life, what can I do to improve my life instead of sinking energy into some bullshit that is not only not going to benefit me, but it's actually going to detract from me.

Last edited:
It's hard to stand by & see that Brian is pulling in such an obscene amount when the top percentage for raises was dropped 1%.
Sure, it's only 1% but for one of our long-timers who has consistently delivered it's a difference of 15 cents this year.
That may seem like chump change but this TM hustles & always averages 40+ hrs a week so, based on 2080 hrs a year, that 1% cost them $312 without taking into consideration OT, vay-cay use, wellness, etc.
Now multiply that by 370,000 & it would be well over $115M but you also have to adjust for the fact that not everyone would be earning a DEO.
But factor in how many TMs were impacted by the percentage reductions at all levels & it could still be enough to match or even possibly exceed Brian's compensation so don't fault people for feeling salty about Brian's bucks (I mean, really....does someone REALLY have to be paid so obscenely when many workers are working second jobs or are on foodstamps?) when everyone else is getting skimmed off the top.

Last edited:
It's hard to stand by & see that Brian is pulling in such an obscene amount when the top percentage for raises was dropped 1%.
Sure, it's only 1% but for one of our long-timers who has consistently delivered it's a difference of 15 cents this year.
That may seem like chump change but this TM hustles & always averages 40+ hrs a week so, based on 2080 hrs a year, that 1% cost them $312 without taking into consideration OT, vay-cay use, wellness, etc.
Now multiply that by 370,000 & it would be well over $115M but you also have to adjust for the fact that not everyone would be earning a DEO.
But factor in how many TMs were impacted by the percentage reductions at all levels & it could still be enough to match or even possibly exceed Brian's compensation so don't fault people for feeling salty about Brian's bucks (I mean, really....does someone REALLY have to paid so obscenely when many workers are working second jobs or are on foodstamps?) when everyone else is getting skimmed off the top.
I wish I would be a able to speak this well. I tend well yeah me no speak pretty:(

That some of that money needs to be reinvested into the company. Walkies suck, mydevices suck, registers suck, brick and mortar stores falling apart. They need to show they CARE by making it easier for us to do our jobs so we can GROW the company and WIN together. Nothing worse then coming in, managers not giving a fuck about you, can’t get your work done because you have to restart your device every two minutes and the only thing growing is your bosses pockets.

That some of that money needs to be reinvested into the company. Walkies suck, mydevices suck, registers suck, brick and mortar stores falling apart. They need to show they CARE by making it easier for us to do our jobs so we can GROW the company and WIN together. Nothing worse then coming in, managers not giving a fuck about you, can’t get your work done because you have to restart your device every two minutes and the only thing growing is your bosses pockets.
They could definitely funnel some of those dollars down to the stores for updating. Our bathrooms suck, and why the hell do we still have a jewelry boat with locked displays? Nothing in there is worth keeping locked up. It's an eyesore and a huge waste of space. Stores shouldn't have to wait for a complete remodel to get some things taken care of.

There's other things corp could do for TMs that don't necessarily mean forking over bucks but could still make life easier.
I'd like them to give TMs an extra 10% off purchases of store brands.
Wouldn't cost the company much & would be an incentive for TMs.
Long ago, they also offered discounts on bus passes too.
When I started we got an extra 30% off of red and khaki that was worn for work.

It's a real trip to reread the OP having been on the inside, then spending some time on the outside and finally getting a full picture of just how much of my own time I wasted on this fucking asshole and his remote-controlled minions that willingly and voluntarily signed over their brains to him. I had plans within plans to make blood some serious dough but he said straight up, nah I'd like to make money but that would cost money, or some bullshit like that. My big bad plan just sort of came to me one evening when I was scheduled to help the guests from home, vicariously, and while doing drugs a light bulb lit up over my head and I thought to myself, WHAT IF Mr. Cornell were to pay me a paltry little pittance, say, 30 bucks an hour, and let's say I turn around and make Mr. Cornell hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales and tens of thousands of dollars a month in 'PROFIT'??? Let's be extra fancy and call it CAPITALISM. Just think about it folks, I make money, he makes money, everybody makes theyself some money. Now, I was all excited and shit to share my idea with the Boardroom Boyz thinking that TGT, being a corporation with their billions of dollars and their arsenal of computerized cash boxes apparently placed there in hopes of guests stuffing them with their cash, would be an excellent candidate for this pilot program. Cannot begin to describe how bummed I was when I found out that they don't really want money and only pretend like they do, presumably for legal reasons. For a minute there I had the crazy notion that corporations might in fact exist for the sole purpose of making money (I know I do) but it turns out it was just the drugs...I should have known considering I was toking on some unnaturally dank tree that smoked like The Colour Out Of Space

It's a real trip to reread the OP having been on the inside, then spending some time on the outside and finally getting a full picture of just how much of my own time I wasted on this fucking asshole and his remote-controlled minions that willingly and voluntarily signed over their brains to him. I had plans within plans to make blood some serious dough but he said straight up, nah I'd like to make money but that would cost money, or some bullshit like that. My big bad plan just sort of came to me one evening when I was scheduled to help the guests from home, vicariously, and while doing drugs a light bulb lit up over my head and I thought to myself, WHAT IF Mr. Cornell were to pay me a paltry little pittance, say, 30 bucks an hour, and let's say I turn around and make Mr. Cornell hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales and tens of thousands of dollars a month in 'PROFIT'??? Let's be extra fancy and call it CAPITALISM. Just think about it folks, I make money, he makes money, everybody makes theyself some money. Now, I was all excited and shit to share my idea with the Boardroom Boyz thinking that TGT, being a corporation with their billions of dollars and their arsenal of computerized cash boxes apparently placed there in hopes of guests stuffing them with their cash, would be an excellent candidate for this pilot program. Cannot begin to describe how bummed I was when I found out that they don't really want money and only pretend like they do, presumably for legal reasons. For a minute there I had the crazy notion that corporations might in fact exist for the sole purpose of making money (I know I do) but it turns out it was just the drugs...I should have known considering I was toking on some unnaturally dank tree that smoked like The Colour Out Of Space
Ok, I usually have some semblance of an idea on what track your train of thought is chugging, but even I'm confused by this one! 🤪

So, are you going to share the plan with us or do you have some other blood sucking corporate leech you want to try and sell it too?
Because it's always possible in the glorious AnCap Utopia that the WS militias are trying to bring about that we could set up a an anarcho-syndicalist cooperative to carry out your plan.

Back