Archived 9 Global Issues today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today they couldn't scan the truck so flow had to push the entire truck. Did this happen anywhere else? The not being able to print labels yesterday was annoying. Luckily most of electronics was labels and today we were able to print labels again.

Yep our PUSH application was down. Well I don't know if it was that or ADCI but regardless, we had to push everything as well. 2700 pieces, yay! We weren't able to print labels today until about 5:00am CST

And I thought it was bad when the registers weren't taking off 5% for RedCards. We had to calculate 5% of the guest's total (with or without a calculator) and manually put in a Target coupon for that amount (they were later reimbursed anyways - go figure). As you can imagine, we had to get a lot of GSTL overrides because guests decided to buy tons of stuff that day.
Whenever this happens, our GSTLs tell the cashiers to just do the target coupons in increments of $5 so they don't have to be bugged every time someone uses a redcard.

So say someones 5% of is suppose to be $7.50
You would enter a target coupon for $5 then another for $2.50

Atleast in my store that is what they do.

I heard that last night they had to push the entire truck.

GSTLs have been handwriting the break schedules too since MAX FSTL is down.

Interesting! My store *always* hand writes the front end break schedule. The GSTL does it first thing in the morning and we follow it pretty much exactly for the rest of the day.

Hmm...

Yesterday, the system was down for our store until we were leaving at around 11PM, things seemed to kick back to life.

This is what happens when people start to believe in the whole "cloud" thing.

We couldn't process damages last night. When people payed their redcard bills, it took forever for the receipt to print out. One of the registers kept freezing for change for purchases. Crazy night, luckily it wasn't to busy. :music:

Today they couldn't scan the truck so flow had to push the entire truck. Did this happen anywhere else? The not being able to print labels yesterday was annoying. Luckily most of electronics was labels and today we were able to print labels again.
yup 2500 push all to the floor

My friend at SD said it was horrible - she couldn't do receipt look-up (& we get a LOT of those), couldn't pull up registries, couldn't defect out items, no merch loc, no credit apps - absolute nightmare. I'm glad I was cashiering for the most part.

Interesting! My store *always* hand writes the front end break schedule. The GSTL does it first thing in the morning and we follow it pretty much exactly for the rest of the day.

We print the MAX FSTL break list, then write in breaks .. Having no grid to start with sucks lol :(

We print the MAX FSTL break list, then write in breaks .. Having no grid to start with sucks lol :(

That's what our GSTLs do. Since we had no grid, they had to handwrite the breaks on the daily shift schedule.

This is what happens when people start to believe in the whole "cloud" thing.

Unfortunately, the off-site data storage is necessary for Target. I mean, there's no way every store can house all the data of the entire company (in terms of storage space--as far as data accuracy would go, that would make it infinitely more impossible), so those things that were down--receipt lookups, planogram info, etc--in order to be accessible to all stores just have to be like they are. And honestly, it's usually very stable, so it's really a non-issue. You just have fringe cases like this every once in a while--but that goes for pretty much all technology.

Now, on the other hand, they could seriously use with a massive overhaul of the system to make it actually function like they say it will when it is online. -.-

Wonder how many servers it takes to run active directory to contain credentials for Target's 355,000 employees.... Sheesh lol.

Did anyone noticed that there was no pending deposits for the spot checks today? I know we get paid on Friday. I am able to see normally on Thursday's in my bank acct has pending.
Hmmmm, interesting.

Last edited:
Did anyone noticed that there was no pending deposits for the spot checks today? I know we paid on Friday.
I am able to see normally on Thursday's in my bank acct has pending.
Hmmmm, interesting.
I usually can't see mine until Friday anyway. I was off on Tuesday and didn't have to be in until 12:30 yesterday so it was pretty much back up already. I'm SO glad I wasn't there for all that.

Actually, you can use an LPDA. Some tricks I learned from my GSTL when the LPDA system first rolled out:
Go to the home list, hit schedule, then guest services (cashier, SD, CA, GSTL, cash off, etc) & specialty (photo). You can even do the next day's by hitting the tab in the upper RH corner that says "today". Click it & it goes to "tomorrow".
You can also use it to verify cashier breaks. When we had a few that took long breaks, the GSTL would click on their tab as soon as they left the lane & it gives a "due back by" time. She'd show it to the tardies until they got the message (if ever).
If the entire system is down, tho, that sucks but ours was still abled during the last few days according to my GSTL.

The only printer that was working in our store was in AP??? In the pharm, our order didn't go through so we were COMPLETELY out of z-packs as of 8 pm last night) and we couldn't pull any reports, which meant I got to go through the bins and pull the RTSs by hand...THAT was fun...According to McKesson, our order DID process Wed morning, but too late for them to get it to us. They also were unable to get us a printout of exactly WHAT we ordered so chances are we are getting a HUGE order today (thank goodness I'm not working today ;))

Wouldn't surprise me if Target has a warehouse dedicated to just that.

Target owns three datacenters in various areas of the country that are all replicas of each other, for parallel computing and redundancy. These are home to all HOST data and applications, along with Windows based applications like Active Directory and such.

As far as what data stores contain, there is some sort of push from HOST to store and vice versa that happens nightly. I think this applies to POS data and price changes/correcting retails/hardlocks and things of that nature. And truck manifests.

Target owns three datacenters in various areas of the country that are all replicas of each other, for parallel computing and redundancy. These are home to all HOST data and applications, along with Windows based applications like Active Directory and such.

As far as what data stores contain, there is some sort of push from HOST to store and vice versa that happens nightly. I think this applies to POS data and price changes/correcting retails/hardlocks and things of that nature. And truck manifests.

Yep. After the store closes, the POS Registers run VERY slowly... Must be doing a sync with the corporate servers or something.

I usually can't see mine until Friday anyway. I was off on Tuesday and didn't have to be in until 12:30 yesterday so it was pretty much back up already. I'm SO glad I wasn't there for all that.

We don't get paid until next Friday, so there wouldn't be a pending deposit this week....

We all don't get paid the same week. There's schedule A and B. Depends on what schedule you're on to which week you get paid.

Our county now has six data centers with a seventh one being built nearby. Apparently $0.50 a megawatt during off peak hours is just too good to lose.

Anyone have return issues for purchases from Tues & Wed?

If anyone place a food order for pfresh on tuesday, did your order happend to get screwed up? in my case i placed an order on tuesday when the system was acting stupid and i got my delivery on thursday and nothing that i order actually came in...like i got things that i do not sell that only super target sells. Also it did not showed up on the CUT report and so it looks like im heading towards a empty sat. just wondering if im the only one that had this issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back