Archived A final warning to guests (Another Hatchimal story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had 5 people camping outside this morning waiting on hatchimals.

Seems like a lot has changed since I've worked logistics. When I did it (overnight and 4am process) we weren't allowed to have pallets on the floor once the store opened. Boxes broken out in aisles after opening was also a no-no. It was viewed as both a safety hazard and bad look for guests.
it looks like walmart in my store, it's so annoying

One of the nh stations has a confirmed list of locations...who the fuck confirmed this? They need to "seek other opportunities" immediately
I don't see how anyone could possibly confirm ahead of time which specific stores will definitely have it, unless they contacted all of those specific stores and someone told them they already had stock and were holding it for Sunday. Otherwise it's up to the whims of the DC to determine how many they get and when.

Every morning for the last couple weeks people have been lining up at 3am in the hopes of buying a hatchimal. We get maybe one case a day. I'm a toy collector myself, but no way I'm hanging out in the freezing cold for a toy, not even for my beloved GI Joe figures. I'd rather pay a premium on ebay than freeze my nuts off.

The Hot Wheels guys who come in every morning are good guests. They don't touch the pallets or tubs, if they see something on a pallet or tub they ask one of us to pull it off, and they don't get snippy if we don't have a particular tiny car in stock.

Every morning for the last couple weeks people have been lining up at 3am in the hopes of buying a hatchimal. We get maybe one case a day. I'm a toy collector myself, but no way I'm hanging out in the freezing cold for a toy, not even for my beloved GI Joe figures. I'd rather pay a premium on ebay than freeze my nuts off.

The Hot Wheels guys who come in every morning are good guests. They don't touch the pallets or tubs, if they see something on a pallet or tub they ask one of us to pull it off, and they don't get snippy if we don't have a particular tiny car in stock.
One of the hot wheels guys that frequents my store will ask us if we have a case in the back when he thinks we're lighter than we should be. He'll take the case, go through it, and actually hang what he's not purchasing. Always a delight to see him.

We got 4 today, and sold all of them via line tickets to the guests waiting outside before 8am. None coming in on tomorrow's double truck or on the first Saturday truck. Even if we do get some in on the second Saturday truck, I don't think anyone is planning on holding them back for Sunday. Which is gonna make for a lot of pissed of guests Sunday morning.

One of the hot wheels guys that frequents my store will ask us if we have a case in the back when he thinks we're lighter than we should be. He'll take the case, go through it, and actually hang what he's not purchasing. Always a delight to see him.

I recall a couple of guests coming in for Hot Wheels last year - a couple of times a week I would see them. However, I have not seen anybody in a long time looking for new Hot Wheels inventory. Did that Treasure Hunt craze die down or did they mass produce the Treasure Hunts to where they aren't worth anything anymore?

I recall a couple of guests coming in for Hot Wheels last year - a couple of times a week I would see them. However, I have not seen anybody in a long time looking for new Hot Wheels
inventory. Did that Treasure Hunt craze die down or did they mass produce the Treasure Hunts to where they aren't worth anything anymore?

Oh, we have them. Our regular guy will try and get new tm's that don't know better to pull assortment packs so he can rifle through them. I've shut him down twice by walking up behind them and saying no when he asks them.

He doesn't like me. But I'm not taking down a 100 pack assortment and breaking it out to make 50 cents. Especially with a full section and 4 sidecaps already up

We've got a decent amount right now. They are all going to get grouped together. I am not about to deal with splitting them up by dpci and ticketing them in groups.

We use to have these 2 people who came in every time we had hatchimals. My store told them we wouldn't sell to them anymore cause it was like their 4th time buying them (we only usually get 2). I'm happy we did that, I hate resellers

Had a guest ask me in a weird way if we had any, then when I said I had no clue what time the event was she tapped me on the shoulder and said "You really care about this don't you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back