A look into Walmart's Zebra applications.

I always get so happy when it’s a Minnesotan because they’re always fantastic
I also lives in a cold state so one time I talked to this guy about ice fishing for 20 minutes and it was great and all but it was super busy and MyGo wasn’t working on any device. It was a great experience 😂

Looks like their apps know when the scanner stopped working.

bcNZXYHl.jpg

I wish we would switch to iOS devices - they’d be much more reliable

You really don't want that horror, they were such shit it wasn't even funny. We had fights for charged devices since batteries were not changeable. So by lunch time if you had a working one you were a very popular person. You HAD to leave that piece of shit in a charger for every break and lunch and pray someone didn't fucking take it. If they came back I would quit on the spot.. I refuse to ever use an apple device ever again.. Such utter pieces of shit for any kind of production work.

And we won't get into how fucking slow they were. That just killed any production team, we lost over a quarter of production to these pieces of shit just reloading screens.

That does not make something reliable, for your home use and texting your friends sure but when I want to scan 300 items in less than six hours and the battery dies in three hours that isn't reliable.

Last edited:
You really don't want that horror, they were such shit it wasn't even funny. We had fights for charged devices since batteries were not changeable. So by lunch time if you had a working one you were a very popular person. You HAD to leave that piece of shit in a charger for every break and lunch and pray someone didn't fucking take it. If they came back I would quit on the spot.. I refuse to ever use an apple device ever again.. Such utter pieces of shit for any kind of production work.

And we won't get into how fucking slow they were. That just killed any production team, we lost over a quarter of production to these pieces of shit just reloading screens.

That does not make something reliable, for your home use and texting your friends sure but when I want to scan 300 items in less than six hours and the battery dies in three hours that isn't reliable.
Talked with the Sr Product Designer and he said that Apple refused to work with them for anything "business" related. Apple does not like people making money using their products. Even to this day, this is why its hard to get anything business related on the app store. They have people at headquarters that work for Zebra and Google/Android in case anything arises. Now imagine them trying to get an Apple employee to work at Headquarters. Many reasons they ran so far away from Apple devices.

Here's my Crapple related horrorpasta from my first year at Target: Imagine a long 30-car train of guest carts loaded the fuck down with broken-out Zone 6 repacks, including dual loc BTS, and imagine if several TMs left 5 iPods laying around on shelves after close the night before so there were like 2 with a charge when we opened. Also imagine me with one of those 2 trying to work out the stationary push while the fuckin thing kept freezing, while 20 people give me the side eye because I had a device and they all looked like they were waiting for me to step somewhere not in the line of sight of a camera dome so they could sneak up and cut my jugular and cop it. That shit pissed me off so bad I was about to quit right before the Zebras showed up. It was so bad that having a dead device and a device with a charge were basically the same thing and just as useful

I wish we would switch to iOS devices - they’d be much more reliable
Except they weren't. I like Apple products (typing this on a Mac right now), but those devices were awful. They were slow to "wake up" and I'd forgotten about having to set it on a charger during breaks because the battery life was so dismal. The zebras aren't perfect, but they're way better.

Back