A look into Walmart's Zebra applications.

I was the same way, logged it out but at the end of my shift when I'm running to try to clock out before 5 after (and often failing), signing back in was often forgotten.

I dont remember seeing anything but it but I'm curious, are TMs allowed to work at Walmart and Target?
yes, from Target's end, as long as you don't hold a "supervisory" position at either store. We have 3 team members at our store that work at both. They work mornings at Target & walk across the street to work at Walmart in the afternoon. From what I've heard, Walmart frowns on this.

yes, from Target's end, as long as you don't hold a "supervisory" position at either store. We have 3 team members at our store that work at both. They work mornings at Target & walk across the street to work at Walmart in the afternoon. From what I've heard, Walmart frowns on this.
Definitely a conflict of interest and should not be allowed by either company. They definitely didn’t tell the whole truth when applying at their second job

Definitely a conflict of interest and should not be allowed by either company. They definitely didn’t tell the whole truth when applying at their second job
I'm sure this "conflict of interest" by low-level store team members/associates needs to be investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission as well as the FBI.

I'm sure this "conflict of interest" by low-level store team members/associates needs to be investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission as well as the FBI.
I’m not saying it’s illegal and the end of the world but companies like target Walmart bestbuy definitely have those policies and practices in place to not allow people to work at both

I’m not saying it’s illegal and the end of the world but companies like target Walmart bestbuy definitely have those policies and practices in place to not allow people to work at both
Valid, but not all companies clearly mention what's allowed and what's prohibited in terms of second-job employers.

A few years ago, they hired an experienced barista for our Target Starbucks. The new barista kept telling people she still worked at Starbucks as well as at our Target Starbucks. When I asked and she said it was inside a QFC supermarket (Kroger-owned), she didn't think she had to disclose that her actual employer was QFC/Kroger.

This barista even frequently encountered and served her clientele from her QFC Starbucks who were shopping at our Target. She was very friendly and courteous, but I joked with her that she really worked for a competitor, QFC.

A couple of months later, she was gone. I've wondered if she got into some sort of corrective situation - which was elevated to a termination - after HR routinely double-checked the original job application where she inaccurately claimed to be a Starbucks employee, not a QFC/Kroger employee.

Last edited:
If a grocery store is a conflict of interest then every store is and no one could work at Target and any second retail job. I could see Walmart, but food dedicated because of a tiny market section? Well so much for Best Buy, Michael's, Staples, Petsmart, AutoZone, Domino's, 7-11 and Bob's Discount Furniture because there's little sections that rival those stores.

If a grocery store is a conflict of interest then every store is and no one could work at Target and any second retail job. I could see Walmart, but food dedicated because of a tiny market section? Well so much for Best Buy, Michael's, Staples, Petsmart, AutoZone, Domino's, 7-11 and Bob's Discount Furniture because there's little sections that rival those stores.
Fun fact, I can confirm that Best Buy and Target both hold the same policy with regard to one another and consider it a conflict of interest to work for the other while employed with one, no matter what your role is at either company.

Walmart does have a Bring Your Own Device option, to download the very apps that the Zebras use right on your phone, in return for 80% off your phone bill.

Dang! That would be nice. Maybe people would stop losing so many Zebras.

I miss the PDA. they are so fast when pulling and backstocking. These mydevices are so fucking slow and they also disconnect. Microsoft should have fought to keep their pdas in stores.

Back