Abandoned

How does your store handle abandoned? My store has all abandoned piled behind GS. Sometimes is all over the floor, due to bins being full, and doesn't get touched got days Items get damaged and have to be defected out simply from sitting in abandoned. Softlines is the only department to collect theirs, several times a day. Other departments are too busy with freight, so abandoned just sits.

Last edited:

TL
DBOs pick up strays and abandons as they zone and then bring it to guest service to sort, how else are they supposed to do it?

DBZ

We are so short right now that most reshop is staying where it is at. Sometimes, I go out to the floor to do reshop. If I'm in toys and I have items that are for the dept next to toys, I'll just put it away. There is no need to take that to GS and put it in a bin.

lucidtm

beauty/fulfillment
During Q4 they schedule someone up front to do all of the reshop throughout the day. They start with the big things (toys, C&D, etc). The only reshop they don't do is Style.

Now, if it's crazy busy they'll pull that person to jump on the lanes before they pull anyone else from the floor, but usually there is enough time for someone in the AM to get most of the reshop done and someone in the evening to get the rest + whatever piled up through the afternoon.

They did this last Q4 and it was amazing. It's truly a system we need year-round.