Abandoned

How does your store handle abandoned? My store has all abandoned piled behind GS. Sometimes is all over the floor, due to bins being full, and doesn't get touched got days Items get damaged and have to be defected out simply from sitting in abandoned. Softlines is the only department to collect theirs, several times a day. Other departments are too busy with freight, so abandoned just sits.

Last edited:
DBOs pick up strays and abandons as they zone and then bring it to guest service to sort, how else are they supposed to do it?

We are so short right now that most reshop is staying where it is at. Sometimes, I go out to the floor to do reshop. If I'm in toys and I have items that are for the dept next to toys, I'll just put it away. There is no need to take that to GS and put it in a bin.

During Q4 they schedule someone up front to do all of the reshop throughout the day. They start with the big things (toys, C&D, etc). The only reshop they don't do is Style.

Now, if it's crazy busy they'll pull that person to jump on the lanes before they pull anyone else from the floor, but usually there is enough time for someone in the AM to get most of the reshop done and someone in the evening to get the rest + whatever piled up through the afternoon.

They did this last Q4 and it was amazing. It's truly a system we need year-round.

This is behind our GS. OPU comes in looking for an item and stuff gets walked on and damaged. Seems like there should be a better system.

Attachments

• IMG_20211210_190952033.jpg
    IMG_20211210_190952033.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 57
Unfortunately our store spends all day screaming at DBOs to come get their go backs and then can't figure out why the truck is still sitting on the line the next morning....
So you are saying it’s one or the other? Hopefully dbos are zoning, setting spls , doing revisions, price change and auditing at least..

edit: just typing that enraged me at the clown who fucking comes up with this shit.

Last edited:
So you are saying it’s one or the other? Hopefully dbos are zoning, setting spls , doing revisions, price change and auditing at least..

edit: just typing that enraged me at the clown who fucking comes up with this shit.
Well, they zone... we have two holdovers from POG Team that do their spls and revisions and until today (DSD finally realized the RECV TM wasn't ever in Receiving) did all of their audits, and the TLs do all the price changes... so, yeah....

Any left carts in aisles near me immediately get filled with reshop. I take all the crap under the scanners and toss in the cart. that cart sits at the scanner until the end of my shift that’s when it goes to guest services.

Last edited:
DBOs pick up strays and abandons as they zone and then bring it to guest service to sort, how else are they supposed to do it?
I don't know how else they are supposed to do it. That's my point. Nobody is staying on top of it. Is this how it's handled say most stores? So much merch getting damaged simply sitting at GS.

Unfortunately our store spends all day screaming at DBOs to come get their go backs and then can't figure out why the truck is still sitting on the line the next morning....
So, r u saying that "go backs", besides softlines, is a constant, all day cycle? I would think having each department go to GS and get their go backs every night before closing would eliminate some of the pile up. Or is that just wishful thinking?
The other night, a TM zoning toys brought an over flowing cart of toys up to GS right before he clocked out. I don't understand.

So, r u saying that "go backs", besides softlines, is a constant, all day cycle? I would think having each department go to GS and get their go backs every night before closing would eliminate some of the pile up. Or is that just wishful thinking?
The other night, a TM zoning toys brought an over flowing cart of toys up to GS right before he clocked out. I don't understand.
They used to try so hard at Guest Services to stop people from dumping off carts, but it's a losing battle. I feel for you guys.

When I was first hired they did the same thing at the fitting room. Well, I was having none of that. Word spread quickly, do NOT dump your carts full of abandons and random softlines at the fitting room for me to sort! Everyone should take care of their own crap.

You have people in departments? At night too? I remember when we used to have that. It's been a looooooong time.

Back