Archived About those seasonal TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a seasonal flow guy at my store who instead of just doing the normal lazy thing of not wanting to backstock an extra toy that won't fit and just throwing it in a random spot on the shelf nearby... he just literally leaves it on the floor in front of the full spot... repeatedly. Day after day I watch this happen and leadership doesn't seem to care.

Heh. has been known to happen at my store too. Sometimes they get lucky and guests will shop the backstock and even take the boxes too, other times I have to sic the LOD on them for making a mess

I also have to explain over and over that if they're going to cram shit into random spots, at least make sure that it's a $6.99 item into a $39.99 spot and NOT the other way around, that way the guest will think they got a deal when they check out instead of giving the GS people hell about honoring that obviously-wrong price

I don't mind if someone doesn't actually operate the baler, but please don't put large non-broken down boxes in there and walk away. I have a low tolerance for stupid and that particular one really bugs me.

The one that got me was when a seasonal kid stuck in FA tossed the syrup boxes from the drink dispenser into the baler without running it and didn't take the bags out.
I had to run it before I could put my signing boxes in but when I did the bags that still had some syrup in them blew up all over me.
That crap is worse then honey to get off.
The ETL let me get a new set of clothes off the floor but I was not a happy camper.

Last edited:
OMG, that's awful, lol. I've never seen any of our syrup boxes in the baler so I'm pretty sure they just chuck them in the compacter (even though the bags come out; it's still too sticky to risk).

wait, what's case count vs. actual count? :) Also, what is open stock? Wait, is case count...1 box cardboard box...with 5 of a toy in it for example)...and peeps stowing it as 1, vs. 5 (what it should be)? Still not sure what open stock is...
Case pack is a whole box of items.
Open stock are single items out if case pack.
Cardboard box is a shipper with a qty of 1.

those seasonals who think Target is a singles meetup

Protip fam even if she's into you it really harshes my mellow to see you standing around bullshitting when there's this giant ass pile of freight to push

"Wow dude you didn't tell me [female LOD] was good lookin!! Goddamn that ass tho"

this will end well won't it?

those seasonals who think Target is a singles meetup

Protip fam even if she's into you it really harshes my mellow to see you standing around bullshitting when there's this giant ass pile of freight to push

"Wow dude you didn't tell me [female LOD] was good lookin!! Goddamn that ass tho"

this will end well won't it?

Seasonal reduction is a glorious day. Sad to see some folks go but others have been stealing money and it will be nice to see them go.

I bet they are keyed as hardliners and scheduled in those areas.

I know first hand because we tried to hire a seasonal beauty and we got an email from HROC saying they have automatically been converted to a regular team member.

My teenager is not a seasonal worker. Has been a cashier for a year. But today they called her in to work backroom. Poor thing, she knew nothing. Clerical told her to go to “receiving”. She was asked to get trash bags from a “baler”. Then handed a “zebra” but she had trouble remembering how to “back stock” as she picked items. (Words that mean nothing in teenager real life)

She said she watched her TL have an actual facepalm over her work a couple of times today. And she was trained by a seasonal backroom worker who’s been there a week. At one point she choked back tears of frustration.

Obviously they were very hard up for help if they asked a teenage cashier to come work backroom.

Girl said she was so tired she “only drove the speed limit home”. She was too tired to drive any faster!

I’ve worked at Target 100 years. So I often forget what it’s like to be a noob. And I can throw out nonsense phrases like “zone the hba” and “Work the softlines repacks” like they are common phrases in the English language.

But it can suck being a noob. I get that her TL was stressed out today, and probably less than thrilled that “help” was only a teenage cashier who knew nothing and a week old seasonal worker. But being new to a job doesn’t equal stupid in real life.

We have quite a few seasonal team members in both Beauty and Electronics, though they might be keyed at Hardlines. However, they're all total idiots. The seasonal HL kids are so much better. Neither of the beauty girls showed up so LOD had to stay in beauty for the day (only one that knows it)... Electronics was busy but not busy enough to the point where it goes something like this
Service Desk:'Electronics can you go to 4'
*crickets*
LOD: SeasonalTM1 or SeasonalTM2, can you help with that?
*crickets*
Service Desk: Who can help for electronics?
Me: going to 4
As I walk back there they're just standing there doing research together? Like wtf you can answer walkie calls doing research and it also doesn't take two people to do research...

This isn't true, stores aren't allowed to hire seasonally for beauty and electronica
God, I hope our new beauty hires aren't permanent. I've seen more than one of them just sitting on the backwall base decks while the store's open.

I hate that good seasonal people get let go. Especially if they need the job.

there's only one (1) person left from my orientation day when I started as seasonal 2 years ago. Guess who it is?

and then last year we kept 8 seasonal people and they had all quit by March. This was after they had badgered the STL constantly about hours and absolutely shredded thru everything in an effort to make a good impression. I was pretty butthurt when they quit because they were great at their jobs and the extra help was helpful. That and I didn't have a car at the time so I had nobody to bum rides from anymore :mad:

I had some of the best managers ever. We helped each other. Shit happens. If you could you fixed it.

How can they, when they don't have keys or training on how to operate the bailer? Unless you mean they aren't breaking down their boxes before bringing them into the backroom?
Bailer training is simple. Cardboard goes in. Nothing else. (that goes into that weird door in the air) Close the door and hit the button. It will crush cardboard.. When the planten (the crusher) stops at the bottom of the door, call cart attentant for a bale.

(yes, we all agreed that its easier to have CA do bales and TMs do a cart rally than have no one do bales and cardboard stack up or break the machine)

I don't mind if someone doesn't actually operate the baler, but please don't put large non-broken down boxes in there and walk away. I have a low tolerance for stupid and that particular one really bugs me.
how about walking into all the BF DVD shippers empty sitting in front of it. I mean ALL of them. Unbroken.

OMG, that's awful, lol. I've never seen any of our syrup boxes in the baler so I'm pretty sure they just chuck them in the compacter (even though the bags come out; it's still too sticky to risk).
Thats an evil you never want to witness. Its 4 tons per sq inch so it goes everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back