Archived About those seasonal TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Sept 1st hired seasonal that not sure if i'm staying or not since I didn't get the 1 on 1 convo in the TSC but i was briefly asked by my ETL how I'm liking it so far like after BF I say yes. My hours on the first week of Jan is 20 hours total only 4 days Mon-Fri working New Years Day also the shifts i got are not my reg position but its in the same department. What you guys think I'm okay with what they decide I really like working at Target though gets me active and it was a fun experience.

It seems like a good sign your etl asked how you're enjoying it. Sometimes leadership is trying to sell you on staying in position.

Your shifts are not a giveaway you aren't staying. So you will just have to be patient and someone should let you know their plan for you.

jiFfM.jpg

I think I passed the 26th deadline. I was so scared of getting let go today because I thought my 11am-7:30pm shift was a dummy shift. The ETL called me into the office and gave me this weeks schedule and next week schedule in a piece of paper.

Also I had the “No schedule details available in MyTime for the above period” online for next week so I thought I was toast.

The thing is though on the paper the schedule is different then the one posted on the board for this week. Which one should I follow?

Last edited:
You have until two hours after before it's officially a no call no show.
@HRZone I was responding to your post. Favorite seasonal stories... go

This seasonal TM asked me if they would be considered a NCNS if they called in 3 hours after their shift started. I so wanted to respond, you call out so many times I would think you would know the answer to that question.

I think I passed the 26th deadline. I was so scared of getting let go today because I thought my 11am-7:30pm shift was a dummy shift. The ETL called me into the office and gave me this weeks schedule and next week schedule in a piece of paper.

Also I had the “No schedule details available in MyTime for the above period” online for next week so I thought I was toast.

The thing is though on the paper the schedule is different then the one posted on the board for this week. Which one should I follow?

There was one time where I was scheduled for zero hours one week. Scared me to death. Roughly 35 hours the following week. Another couple of times I got the no schedule details, sometimes the system was down, once there was a computer glitch that kept me from seeing my schedule.

As far as the two different schedules, ask. Show the differences and ask HR which to follow.

Keep that paper & stay with that schedule. That could be consider as evidence of commitment. Stay off the online schedule.

@HRZone I was responding to your post. Favorite seasonal stories... go

This seasonal TM asked me if they would be considered a NCNS if they called in 3 hours after their shift started. I so wanted to respond, you call out so many times I would think you would know the answer to that question.

Oh got it. Lol yeah, they might as well say "How can I do as little work as possible and still get paid"

When you find out along with your TL that all your picks to stay are not and the ones you wanted to burn in hell are staying..

Yeah the ones who are useless, don't get it, can't put two thoughts together yep all staying the ones who you can give a direction to and you come back an hour later and everything I mean everything is taken care of - Nope we don't want them.. WTF???

When you find out along with your TL that all your picks to stay are not and the ones you wanted to burn in hell are staying..

Yeah the ones who are useless, don't get it, can't put two thoughts together yep all staying the ones who you can give a direction to and you come back an hour later and everything I mean everything is taken care of - Nope we don't want them.. WTF???

Thankfully you guys had a hard time hiring seasonals. We kept way too many. Was shameful having longtime team members grimace after they got their scheduled today. All I could do is mouth "I'm sorry" as our long time PA. Only got 18.5 hours

Last edited:
It seems like a good sign your etl asked how you're enjoying it. Sometimes leadership is trying to sell you on staying in position.

Your shifts are not a giveaway you aren't staying. So you will just have to be patient and someone should let you know their plan for you.
Today the new two week schd I'm on it with extra day to 5 makin it 25 hrs. Can I ask why I can't get full shifts anymore? I'll just have to wait when it happens Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankfully you guys had a hard time hiring seasonals. We kept way too money. Was shameful having longtime team members grimace after they got their scheduled today. All I could do is mouth "I'm sorry" as our long time PA. Only got 18.5 hours

No they want to keep ones we want fired, period. No skills, no ability to think and solve issues, no ability to realize that others are sharing the workspace. And they want out the ones that have those skills.. Our HR and non Log leadership are trying to shove it up our asses dry it seems..

Today the new two week schd I'm on it with extra day to 5 makin it 25 hrs. Can I ask why I can't get full shifts anymore? I'll just have to wait when it happens Thanks for the help!

The cashier hours are down so short shifts are common.

Plus it's more efficient for a store to schedule two cashier's for 4 hours and have to only give them one break each. Then one person for 8 hours and give them 2 breaks and a lunch.

I'm like you though. I would rather work 8 in one day then 4 days each over two.

Yesterday I learned that they made ALL the seasonals permanent...even the shitty ones!! My store is so desperate for help that they had no choice but to keep them all...assuming their plan is to performance out the bad ones after sales die down...IF they die down, but no sign of that happening yet!

This was definitely our best sales quarter in forever, and my STL is working on getting me approved for OT next week (8 hours x 7) which is an unbelievable, unheard of phenomenon for January, and he's also said in the last huddle that the coffers will be overflowing with hours for the time being (literally begging everyone he ran into to pick up extra days and/or stay late) so yay for money I guess

Our hiring event was meh. Interest, sure but not alot of results. I'm not sure why everyone seemed to want dayside-only with weekends off availability. Hard to staff currently available closing shifts with those parameters. Just because we are hiring doesn't mean we are hiring for a perfect 9-5 situation. Hopefully the October one is more successful.

Our hiring event was meh. Interest, sure but not alot of results. I'm not sure why everyone seemed to want dayside-only with weekends off availability. Hard to staff currently available closing shifts with those parameters. Just because we are hiring doesn't mean we are hiring for a perfect 9-5 situation. Hopefully the October one is more successful.
Most people dont want to work weekends and thanks to our job surge if you dont want to give them that they can find someone else.

I just hope I don’t have to hunt down my trainees during their training this year. Had one kid last year who would up and disappear in the middle of training without warning and I would have to spend a good 15-20 minutes running around the store trying to find him. Eventually I gave up on trying to find him and just kept training the other kids. Kicker was eventually he got fired for just disappearing one day in the middle of his shift one time too many. Was no real loss though, he took forever to knock out a single cart of reshop.

Newbies wander off into the mall a lot. we need to put them on a leash or taser them if they go too far

Or like the shopping carts they stop as soon as you enter the mall due to the locking system

How about ankle bracelets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back