Archived About those seasonal TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how you get kept after the season is over
ASANTS, sucking up to your direct manager TL, or ETL might not get you anywhere at my store. I got to give the seasonal we're letting you go speech across 3 work centers because 2 ETLs at the store where useless for that last year. Sucking up got you very little if I ever saw you slacking off.

I just cut an X on the bottom of the box to flatten it before placing in the bailer. It's not perfectly flat, but it keeps the balance better.

I like how when I show a seasonal the X cut method they stare in hushed amazement like a medieval person being shown an iPad by a 21st century time traveler

As a former seasonal. Sucking up definitely helps bc I'm pretty sure that's how some of us stayed on
Surprisingly not at my store. The rumor always goes around that the GSTLs keep the cashier that sucks up or they’re buddy buddy with, so when I was seasonal I swore I wouldn’t be kept because I’m shy and not a big talker, so no way would I suck up or even become too friendly with them. Almost every other cashier was sucking up so hard it was funny to watch.

It’s one of my favorite things to watch every seasonal season now because some are so over the top. One lady last year turned her light off a couple of times to go chat with who we all consider “top GSTL” and each time she was just like ???? get back on register.... Luckily my GSTLs seem to see right through it.

I like how when I show a seasonal the X cut method they stare in hushed amazement like a medieval person being shown an iPad by a 21st century time traveler
I've worked in package quality control for 6 years and I had never seen the X method until I picked up an early morning truck shift....

Is there an X method tutorial?? I'm more interested.

Me, too. We didn't have chem until recently, so I didn't really need to know how to break down detergent boxes, but it doesn't look like people at my store do that. Do you just cut an X on the diagonals all the way across the bottom of the box?

Me, too. We didn't have chem until recently, so I didn't really need to know how to break down detergent boxes, but it doesn't look like people at my store do that. Do you just cut an X on the diagonals all the way across the bottom of the box?

Yes you got it

Yup! And then I place the box on the floor on its side and crush it with my foot to flatten it out. It's a nice little way to let out some work aggression. :D

Our first seasonal hire for flow has a terminal case of Wanderlust that takes him on lengthy journeys around the store and inspires him to take a break every 10 minutes. I'm already impressed!
Funny, you just described one of my trainees from the seasonal hires the other day. Except a wanderer is especially not what the store needs when that person is scheduled as Electronics...

Man my store hired a lot of seasonals way more than last year it’s gonna be really bad and crowded and soooo many random people too...I mean that’s cool new team members but it is gonna suck trying to remember whose who because idk what they hired them for but still

Oh god, I forgot about the sucking up, that was unbearable last year. I kept trying to explain that I'm only a GSA and have no say in who is kept and am not in the room where that happens but boy, some of the cashiers were relentless. One woman wanted to know if every little thing she did counted against her. I wanted to tell her "well, calling out so much doesn't help, so it'll probably be that or the racial slurs you use behind guest's backs, hard to say for sure".

Oh god, I forgot about the sucking up, that was unbearable last year. I kept trying to explain that I'm only a GSA and have no say in who is kept and am not in the room where that happens but boy, some of the cashiers were relentless. One woman wanted to know if every little thing she did counted against her. I wanted to tell her "well, calling out so much doesn't help, so it'll probably be that or the racial slurs you use behind guest's backs, hard to say for sure".
😂😂😂😂😂😂

This sort of stuff from the young newbies makes me wish there was a mandatory high school class that taught resume writing, dressing for an interview, the basics of appropriate work behavior, basic budgeting, all the information needed to get and hold a job and figure out if you have the extra money to buy that new [insert luxury item here].

The other day I saw someone in softlines who is newish and very young and fortunately a hard worker have her phone out with one hand, eyes locked on the screen, and pulling a z with the other hand. Blew my mind. I'm telling myself she was just checking her schedule.

Trained the first CA trainee yesterday, more of the same today. He already says he ain't gonna use the pusher. HA!

Our wandering noob is SO useless that even the second-most useless flow kid is starting to get irritated with him too. The other day he randomly wandered off for 20 minutes and came back with a pizza from FA and asked if anybody wanted a slice. I've decided that I should just stay detached and find humor in it because, well, it is pretty fuckin funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back