Archived About those seasonal TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article last week about Walmart saying that for the third year they plan on hiring minimal seasonal help and instead offer the extra hours to current employees. This staffs the stores with experienced workers who want the hours vs newbies who aren't fully trained and force the more experienced employees (who because of the wage increase may be making the same as the day 1 employees) to pick up the slack.
Walmart is bucking a major holiday hiring trend, and it could be a brilliant move - https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-jobs-holiday-rush-2018-10

Damn - a wise move. Too bad Spot won't be wise.

I wish we get good seasonal team members but then again they keep hiring people that dont pick up anything after a month and you them exactly everything for 1 month straight you show them every department and they still suck after 2 months!

This sort of stuff from the young newbies makes me wish there was a mandatory high school class that taught resume writing, dressing for an interview, the basics of appropriate work behavior, basic budgeting, all the information needed to get and hold a job and figure out if you have the extra money to buy that new [insert luxury item here].

I had that class in 1986. They also taught us how to fill out a job app (we used to write it in pen back then). We had to write down addresses and references to bring along, since it was way before smart phones. We learned how to balance a checkbook, which I still do.

I had that class in 1986. They also taught us how to fill out a job app (we used to write it in pen back then). We had to write down addresses and references to bring along, since it was way before smart phones. We learned how to balance a checkbook, which I still do.
I took this in middle school!! It was called "career development" and that was the best class ever!

I wish we get good seasonal team members but then again they keep hiring people that dont pick up anything after a month and you them exactly everything for 1 month straight you show them every department and they still suck after 2 months!

Is it possible you could proofread your posts before you post them?

I’m not trying to be rude, but between the grammatical errors and lack of punctuation, they are very difficult to digest.

Thanks.

Is it possible you could proofread your posts before you post them?

I’m not trying to be rude, but between the grammatical errors and lack of punctuation, they are very difficult to digest.

Thanks.
I have a friend that posts like this on Facebook. Run on sentences and no punctuation. She has a masters degree in early childhood education. Drives me nuts - but if I mention it she laughs it off. So I quit mentioning it.

It's just being lazy, typing on a device. Welcome to the brave new world!

I'm worried that our store was too picky on hiring or we haven't had the worse start yet idk.

Yesterday we had a seasonal guy in electronics and he screwed everything up and even didn't bother to answer the electronics phone when it rang. I felt bad for him, but couldn't help him either because I was pushing truck and helping guests. We also had two no shows at starbucks and had to shut it down...lol

I do too many run on sentences as well. I type what I'm thinking and apparently my thoughts don't know how to take a breath. I try to proofread and take out a lot of "and" but sometimes I'm rushing too much.

Hey at least he showed up. Seriously though, who goes to work two hours early in the morning? Schedule me at 8 and I'm taking the opportunity to sleep in for fuck's sake.
Someone who didn't read his schedule right the night before? A couple times I misread my schedule and didn't realize I was 3 hours early until the time clock rejected my attempt to punch in.

Anyone else have sucky hours 2 weeks out due to the seasonals?

Yeah, everyone at my store is bitching even this seasonal. They hired a bunch more and cut everyone else's hours on the 2 weeks out to train the new seasonals before Thanksgiving. Gave us all weird shift times and lengths too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back