Archived About those seasonal TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like when they ask questions cause it shows they paid enough attention to want something clarified. I don’t talk crap about the new peeps unless they, for instance, tell me to fuck off after they asked for feedback.

There's a real dichotomy at my store. Day crew is cool. They are happy to answer questions. They just treat me like a regular member of the team at this point. Night crew is unsufferable and treats every new person like he's a moron. I hate when I have overlap and have to interact with them. There's one girl who actually talks to new people in slowed-down hyper-enunciated speech like she's explaining something to little kids. Actual interaction with her on a weekend:

Me: Hi, how's it going? What are you doing?
Her: I. AM. DOING. PULLS. DO. YOU. KNOW. WHAT. PULLS. ARE? THAT'S. WHEN. WE. TAKE. THINGS. OUT. OF. THE. BACKROOM. TO. PUT. ON. THE. SHELVES. I. CAN. SHOW. YOU. HOW. TO. DO. THAT. IF. I. HAVE. TIME. LATER.
Me: Yes, I know what pulls are. I was just asking what you are doing because you are putting those Barbies on the wrong pegs. I was wondering if someone told you to flex them out because if you haven't been told to do that, please don't do that in this section. We're trying to get a handle on our inventory problems for quarter four.
Her: WE. ALWAYS. SPREAD. THINGS. AROUND. TO. FILL. THE SHELVES. AND. MAKE. THEM. LOOK. BETTER. FOR. GUESTS.
Me: [On walkie] (ETL name) Can you switch to 3?

Let's just say the resulting conversation did not go well for the condescending one. Not well at all.

I’m the trainer for hardlines, Electronics, and beauty and do primarily closing shifts. I would have had quite the conversation with the person screwing up the Barbies by flexing them where they don’t go, that makes life hell for anyone trying to find a particular one like SFS. Good for you for sticking up for yourself! Hopefully they’ll start respecting you soon, you sound like the kind of person Target needs.

I’m the trainer for hardlines, Electronics, and beauty and do primarily closing shifts. I would have had quite the conversation with the person screwing up the Barbies by flexing them where they don’t go, that makes life hell for anyone trying to find a particular one like SFS. Good for you for sticking up for yourself! Hopefully they’ll start respecting you soon, you sound like the kind of person Target needs.

Thanks. I do my best. I just don't see the night crew that often because I normally come in before the store opens. I only see them when ETL gives me a sleep in day by scheduling me a little later or weekends. And, yeah, the flex filling makes life difficult. Not unusual at all for me to come back from working a pull in toys with half of the product not needed because people have flex filled or overstocked and then some more because I've noticed it elsewhere and yanked that crap off the shelves. It's a major headache for me and the backroom staff.

I hate to say it but I'm actually impressed by this year's batch of seasonals compared to last years. Literally 1000% faster with the exception of one. There are two new chicks who are especially cool, both of them are fun to work with, same age as me and also married with kids so there's no fucking around, just getting this bread. Fuck yeah bruh.

We have a sign outside saying min is 12 for everyone and I’ve always heard CAs get an extra tiny bit for braving the rain and snow and heat.

This year they are worse than last year I can tell you that.... last year we had 10x better ones that actually respond! We have super childish seasonals that do not actually want to work and they are very lazy when they get to their shifts!

Omg if someone talked to me like that I would say have a great day.... that has to be sooooooo annoying if that is how they actually talk!

[ QUOTE="seasonaldude, post: 475877, member: 23471"]There's a real dichotomy at my store. Day crew is cool. They are happy to answer questions. They just treat me like a regular member of the team at this point. Night crew is unsufferable and treats every new person like he's a moron. I hate when I have overlap and have to interact with them. There's one girl who actually talks to new people in slowed-down hyper-enunciated speech like she's explaining something to little kids. Actual interaction with her on a weekend:

Her: I. AM. DOING. PULLS. DO. YOU. KNOW. WHAT. PULLS. ARE? THAT'S. WHEN. WE. TAKE. THINGS. OUT. OF. THE. BACKROOM. TO. PUT. ON. THE. SHELVES. I. CAN. SHOW. YOU. HOW. TO. DO. THAT. IF. I. HAVE. TIME. LATER.
Me: Yes, I know what pulls are. I was just asking what you are doing because you are putting those Barbies on the wrong pegs. I was wondering if someone told you to flex them out because if you haven't been told to do that, please don't do that in this section. We're trying to get a handle on our inventory problems for quarter four.
Her: WE. ALWAYS. SPREAD. THINGS. AROUND. TO. FILL. THE SHELVES. AND. MAKE. THEM. LOOK. BETTER. FOR. GUESTS.

Let's just say the resulting conversation did not go well for the condescending one. Not well at all.[/QUOTE]

Omg if someone talked to me like that I would say have a great day.... that has to be sooooooo annoying if that is how they actually talk!

[ QUOTE="seasonaldude, post: 475877, member: 23471"]There's a real dichotomy at my store. Day crew is cool. They are happy to answer questions. They just treat me like a regular member of the team at this point. Night crew is unsufferable and treats every new person like he's a moron. I hate when I have overlap and have to interact with them. There's one girl who actually talks to new people in slowed-down hyper-enunciated speech like she's explaining something to little kids. Actual interaction with her on a weekend:

Let's just say the resulting conversation did not go well for the condescending one. Not well at all.
[/QUOTE]

It is how they talk. I go back and forth from amused to annoyed. I'm in my 40s. I have multiple degrees. I've already had a professional career. I chose to work in retail for personal reasons. (Didn't like what I was doing. Very long hours, high stress, etc. Much better salary though.) So, now I have college kids studying music or whatever talk to me like I'm a moron.

a new seasonal backroom tm tried to tell me i was doing flex things incorrectly when i walking the backroom (mind you... i have been here for 2 years and am gsa with either gsa or guest service shifts). i was just trying to use the receiving computer for a receipt look up and this girl would not leave me alone and trying to micro manage me. i just said, “okay, bye. i’m going back to the front end!”

i’ve since been told she’s one of those trying really hard to stay on, but is going way too over the top and has no chance. at least it’s entertaining to watch.

a new seasonal backroom tm tried to tell me i was doing flex things incorrectly when i walking the backroom (mind you... i have been here for 2 years and am gsa with either gsa or guest service shifts). i was just trying to use the receiving computer for a receipt look up and this girl would not leave me alone and trying to micro manage me. i just said, “okay, bye. i’m going back to the front end!”

i’ve since been told she’s one of those trying really hard to stay on, but is going way too over the top and has no chance. at least it’s entertaining to watch.

TbH, telling her “okay bye” might not have been the best option?
She’s new, she hasn’t seen you in the backroom much so she doesn’t know your extensive experience.

That reminds me. I had a flat with some toys on it that I had worked out. Brought it to the back and started sorting it out by aisle. New sesonal TM tells me not to worry about it and has me park the flat in the sporting goods aisle, then wanders off. Veteran backroom TM looks at me and says, "Seasonaldude, you're killing me." "Sorry, not my idea. That's where he wants it," I replied. Veteran TM said, "I know. I know. But, it's killing me." He's a nice guy so we both then just sorted it out and backstocked it.

It is how they talk. I go back and forth from amused to annoyed. I'm in my 40s. I have multiple degrees. I've already had a professional career. I chose to work in retail for personal reasons. (Didn't like what I was doing. Very long hours, high stress, etc. Much better salary though.) So, now I have college kids studying music or whatever talk to me like I'm a moron.[/QUOTE]
Oh gosh I feel I bad for you

TbH, telling her “okay bye” might not have been the best option?
She’s new, she hasn’t seen you in the backroom much so she doesn’t know your extensive experience.
ehh i can see what you mean, but it’s just the way she said i was doing stuff wrong. i did mention i was at guest service not back there and she continued to ramble about me “needing to not pause my batches” and “find the rfid gun for softlines instead of stopping” among some other stuff that i didn’t pay attention to because I was too busy looking something up on insidePOS. at that point it was either “please leave me alone. i want to work” or “okay bye”

also, i don’t even like to tell people they’re doing things wrong now, so i just can’t imagine back when i was a new seasonal tm telling someone they were wrong especially if i didn’t know them.

I hate fucking seasonals.. Out of seven people for today for SFS/OPU four called out aka all the seasonal teenagers..

Mention for ETL's who thought that picking all the SFS batches in the gun was a great idea, please drop dead.. You picked all this shit but had no one to fucking pack it you morons.. You don't pick shit you can't pack cause we can't secure the carts from other teams dumping the stuff on them and taking the cart.. How about getting the five fucking pallets of STS done before you create more shit to sit around going nowhere.

I can't speak for the other departments in my store- For a nice change this year one of the two seasonal electronics TMs is an absolute rockstar. She's formerly Kmart, so I guess she sort of knew what she was doing already. The second guy isn't bad either. Not great, but not bad.

The previous few years the seasonals they got for us were personified hot garbage.

Hahaha. I read the word placement that way too! We both know they meant F as a predictive adjective for the verb hate, not to be read as the prominent verb .
Course “‘F’-ing hate seasonals would have been a clearer sentence, but if an adjective is used for a verb (hate) rather than a noun then it Is usually placed after the verb, even though it seems to mean something else entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back