Archived About those seasonal TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto on hours here.

No kidding. One day next week is from 11:45 AM - 4:30 PM

Really? 15 minutes. Guess I'll have to clock in early 3 times to grab that full hour..

A bunch of cashiers and softlines TMs got 5 and a half hour shifts with an explanation that if they had been given 6 hours they'd only be paid for 5.5 hours so there isn't a real difference. They are not amused.

I'm not actually complaining, because I work at Spot for fun and not because I *need* the money. I've had 4 hours a week for the last 3 weeks and out through the 17th. And yes, the mids drive me a little bonkers.

And, @15 Sec. Remain , they're doing that to make sure you're off the clock before 5 hours for compliance issues. Because god forbid should you get stuck in the middle of dealing with a guest and can't get to the clock on time.

I'm not actually complaining, because I work at Spot for fun and not because I *need* the money. I've had 4 hours a week for the last 3 weeks and out through the 17th. And yes, the mids drive me a little bonkers.

And, @15 Sec. Remain , they're doing that to make sure you're off the clock before 5 hours for compliance issues. Because god forbid should you get stuck in the middle of dealing with a guest and can't get to the clock on time.

There aren't compliance issues unless you are scheduled for 6+ hours. They are doing it as a small way to cut total hours for TMs.

True. But in my state, compliance is in the 6th hour. I wish it was 5. And even then, on the 5th hour, LOD/HR are good on calling out reminders about Lunch.

There aren't compliance issues unless you are scheduled for 6+ hours. They are doing it as a small way to cut total hours for TMs.
I'm in a 5 hour state, so I assumed that was the case, especially since I've been scheduled 4:45 like this before.

IIRC from last year, hours will pick up within a week or two. At my store, at least, hours were free to be had, at least from Black Friday onward, despite the influx of seasonal folks.

Well the next schedule will be the Thanksgiving week schedule. Should be interesting. I know alot of TMs are irritated by the 5 pm start.

Damn - they are firing morons left and right.

Cool. A buncha idiots want that 12 per.

On the schedule that just came out I have like 27 hours :( I haven’t had less than 30 in months, even though a 3 day straight “weekend” off would be amazing I think I need to pick up a shift

On the schedule that just came out I have like 27 hours :( I haven’t had less than 30 in months, even though a 3 day straight “weekend” off would be amazing I think I need to pick up a shift
I went from 30ish to 12! More hours is a lie!

Dang, the attitudes of the seasonal hires at my store are awful. You try to help them and they get all defensive. Fine, performance yourself out, I’m not bothering with these fools anymore if they can’t show a little gratitude.
Probably because all the TMs like to talk crap constantly about the new people and hate when they ask questions.

That's a broad assumption on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back