Archived Accidentally took the backroom keys home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning while I was working for backroom, I accidentally took the backroom keys home (just normal keys: wave key, and keys to open the backroom electronics)....

My only question is if should I wait for tomorrow (work tomorrow) or should go back to the store immediately and returned the same day

If not, return them tomorrow with one of your little fingers.

It doesn't matter which one.

Don't ask what happens for the 2nd offense...

Highly dependent on how on top of key control your leadership is. My last store checked the key log and signed off every night. My current store it would be a miracle if they did.

You can do one of four things:
1) Go back immediately and return keys and hope no one notices
2) Go back immediately and return keys and tell LOD you're returning them
3) Go back tomorrow and sign out keys again, hoping no one notices
4) Go back tomorrow and let LOD know you accidentally took keys home but have them, and hope they don't care

If I am a TM, I am going for option 3. No real need to tell unless someone asks. Admit your mistake then and that you were going to let LOD know today. If they don't know or don't notice, you can sign the keys back in from the previous day and sign them out that day.

This morning while I was working for backroom, I accidentally took the backroom keys home (just normal keys: wave key, and keys to open the backroom electronics)....

My only question is if should I wait for tomorrow (work tomorrow) or should go back to the store immediately and returned the same day
Take them back immediately...If you take keys home accidently overnight. Its an automatic Final.

I wouldn't even waste the gas. I took br and electronic keys home once. They called me at night ask me to bring them back. Told them no , I'll bring em in the next day

Nothing happened

OMG, thank you @HRZone for that graphic, I hadn't seen that before. My store is pretty decently run and high volume, and we:

1) Always have a key in the baler, and usually have a key in the compactor with the door open.
2) ******(probably shouldn't say more about the compactor)*******
3) Once we lost 4 sets of backroom keys within one month, none were ever recovered.
4) More than once someone who works weekends-only has gone home with backroom keys in their pocket and brought them back the next weekend.
5) What, you lost your PDA? Go get another one.
6) Oh, the equipment keys are in the wave.
7) The cleaning crew once brought me a PDA they found in a trash can.

And the list goes on...I only work part time these days, but I get the gist that as long as we're green and sales are up, no one cares. Seriously, though, when we get visitors or support help from other stores, those people really freak out. They're always taking the key out of our baler, heh.

Just came back home after returning the keys to my store.... Nobody was in the office, so I just quickly returned the keys and left the store. Thank you guys for your advice :)

I did the same thing 2 days ago. I don't drive and I had already walked a mile to the bus stop when I realized and the bus was there lol. I got a ride to return them a couple hours later. I don't think anyone noticed they were ever missing. No one said anything to me

Some of us have our own equipment keys. Our receiver leaves the key in the baker because everyone except Backroom/Receiver will just leave their trash beside the baler if it’s full. Too lazy to track someone with a key

Some of us have our own equipment keys. Our receiver leaves the key in the baker because everyone except Backroom/Receiver will just leave their trash beside the baler if it’s full. Too lazy to track someone with a key

Same as us, all backroom guys have wave keys, and most of us have a baler key, just makes life easier. BUT, making a copy of the electronics lock up keys will get you automatically termed, no questions asked.

Had a TM loose a set of the Electronics keys once. They were canned immediately. Not even our TPS has keys to the electronics room.

I keep my own set of equipment keys and used to give copies to all backroom TMs. It's stupid for stores to track those given how common they are. My set works on the equipment in every store in our district. The only ones I don't have are keys to the compactor and I fully intend to acquire one if I find it unattended.

/\ I've been told that making a key to the trash compactor was not allowed? At our store, the giant trash bin and doors don't sit flush so i can see how people could chuck product outside, and then recover it later.

I keep my own set of equipment keys and used to give copies to all backroom TMs. It's stupid for stores to track those given how common they are. My set works on the equipment in every store in our district. The only ones I don't have are keys to the compactor and I fully intend to acquire one if I find it unattended.

You mean the compactor itself or the doors?? At my store the wave and baler key work to operate the compactor

You mean the compactor itself or the doors?? At my store the wave and baler key work to operate the compactor
Doors. They key that runs our compactor is different from both the wave and baler keys though.

I wouldn't even waste the gas. I took br and electronic keys home once. They called me at night ask me to bring them back. Told them no , I'll bring em in the next day

Nothing happened
I accidentally took the electronics keys home once. I quickly threw away the evidence and moved on.

The only ones I don't have are keys to the compactor and I fully intend to acquire one if I find it unattended.
At my store literally any key will run the compactor, the R1 receiving key opens the door, any only a store key unlocks the deadbolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back