Archived Ad set-up on Sunday's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know a little more about putting up the ad signs on Sunday. What does your shift entail? Is it just putting up the signs and then doing the ad audit/printing extra signs? Do you do it every Sunday or is it something you switch off with other people and do occasionally? If you do put up the signs, what's your main work center? Do you like being a part of the signing team?

It entails putting up the signs for the new ad that starts on Sunday. The signs are split up into their corresponding areas in bins and go in aisle order. We don't do any audit or print extra signs. That's usually left to the TL assigned with us during the shift. I do signing every Sunday morning and love it. I get to wear my headphones and just do my job without anyone bugging me. Easiest 4 hours (well, 3 hours and 45 minutes with a break) of the week. My main work center is cashier.

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know a little more about putting up the ad signs on Sunday. What does your shift entail? Is it just putting up the signs and then doing the ad audit/printing extra signs? Do you do it every Sunday or is it something you switch off with other people and do occasionally? If you do put up the signs, what's your main work center? Do you like being a part of the signing team?

I don't work signing but I know how my store does it. Like OffYaPhone said, the signs are organized by areas and just put up. Apparently, at least for softlines, tms used to switch off but some people got to complaining about working early mornings on Sundays so now one long-time tm does it. Hardlines signs are done by a flow tm who has also been around for a while. I've helped out with the hardlines signing before when there was a lot to do and it was tedious but not too bad.

I work every Sunday & love doing the ad. It must the headphones & peace/quiet.. No guests. I am scheduled under signing. You can get more info by asking your tl about other areas.

Any one else prefer the old signs that just folds into place? It' s faster for me and I hate the sticky ones cause they often fall off and leave a nasty residue. Sucks trying to clean that when your in plano and you have no more strip holders.

I was tossed onto signing randomly one sunday, and it seemed like I was signing every other sunday, but I am signing a few weeks in a row now. It's easy. I don't hate signing itself, but I just hate being there at 6am (headphones are a must. It gets monotonous.) I usually am pulled off signing at 8am for other things. Sometimes I only work 6am-10am just under signing. Whatever they feel like tossing me under.

I always end up stabbing under a nail with a sharp corner brb crying

Last edited:
Plastic sign holders were the worse. With the new sticky ones, I like those signs. The only problem is, improper application when put on the the label strip, causing them to fall off. I refuse to do them through way. I touch the center & Go left or right to stay on to the strip a across with my finger. They don't fall off the strip. There are no signs on the ground in my area.

I personally don't enjoy the ad setup shifts on Sunday; mainly because I have to wake up by 4:25ish so I can get to the store by 5am. Luckily I live fairly close so I don't have to wake up any earlier, but then I just feel crappy for the rest of the day. We are there until 8am (a three hour shift) although sometimes they have a signing person scheduled to work the sales floor afterwards, but that is rare. Besides having to be at the store by 5am it isn't terrible; just monotonous like others have said. I've never seen anyone with headphones at my store, but I have a feeling they wouldn't allow it. We also are told that we can't chit-chat with the other ad setup people (like if we chat for a few minutes when we are in the rows next to each other putting up signs). So it can't get painful working in silence in a dimly lit store for three hours in the early morning.

Do you do it every Sunday or is it something you switch off with other people and do occasionally?

At my store it seems like the same five people do the ad setup shift almost every week even if they don't want it. I am often one of those people. I can understand scheduling a person every Sunday if they enjoy it, but it is basically universally disliked at my store. I am actually really shocked so many people have said they don't mind it. One person got it eleven weeks in a row and is still getting it. A TL told him that the same people are most likely scheduled every Sunday because leadership knows they will actually show up. He has made it clear he doesn't enjoy it. He has asked to be rotated just so he doesn't get it every weekend, but I think as long as he shows up when scheduled he will keep getting it.

I personally detest every second of it, complete day wasted when I could be doing POG workload M-F. I do E & F 3x3s and E, F, & N EC audit. I a,ternate Sunday's but was approved to use PH time on my scheduled Sunday's so now I will not return to do ad until June 26 and I could not be more ecstatic!

I don't mind it. In fact I enjoyed it. The only thing I dislike is that I have done it every single Sunday since I started working. Even have done the small ad sets during 4Q by myself the other year. And the current team alternates but 1 or 2 would still call off. They shold be good now since I think they like their new leaders (TL & ETL). Well, their TL is someone who would write you up so maybe that's why.

A TL told him that the same people are most likely scheduled every Sunday because leadership knows they will actually show up. He has made it clear he doesn't enjoy it. He has asked to be rotated just so he doesn't get it every weekend, but I think as long as he shows up when scheduled he will keep getting it.

I think this is true. I have been there every Sunday. I only called of once last year and once this year (so far). But I think they are taking me off it this year since I am the only one left to take care of my dept. I set up the biggest potion of the set, plus the pallets by the doors and shippers in the runway, and promo, and audit my dept. I can do the core by myself if I don't have to do the audit. Oh, and takedown audits.

Last edited:
Man, I wish I was able to go in 5 or 6. I'm at the store by 3:50 and usually the ETL will clock me in early because their (we have 2 overnight ETLs) team hates helping us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back