Archived AE 2012 - Team Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that makes sense. The thing is at some stores there are multiple bad apples at the same time. It's like a cycle. One good group of ETL's then one bad group then one good group and so on.

This thread scares me.

Can someone give me some advice? I'm going to school and am currently in development for TL but with all the changes happening and every year getting worse and worse should I just not even bother going through the interviews? I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I don't want to even bother if there isn't even going to be a position available. I'm also in my second to last semester of school if that helps. Our store has some good ETLS and TLS and they all have encouraged me to stay in school and developed.

This thread scares me.

Can someone give me some advice? I'm going to school and am currently in development for TL but with all the changes happening and every year getting worse and worse should I just not even bother going through the interviews? I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I don't want to even bother if there isn't even going to be a position available. I'm also in my second to last semester of school if that helps. Our store has some good ETLS and TLS and they all have encouraged me to stay in school and developed.

If you are still in school then don't worry.
Do the interviews, use Spot as a learning experience and if you get the TL job cool.
If not you can take find a place that values you more (and pays better).

Last edited:
invaderjosie, I've been with the company for about four years now and I'm prepping to go through TL interviews in April. The best advice I can give you is to take the opportunity and give it your best shot. Chances don't always come around, and since you have one, it's in your advantage to take it. You have nothing to lose. The worst that can happen is them saying "no," you need more development. But at least you'll get an idea of what to expect. Plus if you partner with the right ETL, they can give you the questions beforehand so you can prepare.. There's 3 different guides with about 15 questions total.

This thread scares me.

Are you going to school to be a Target team leader?

Has anyone else read the STL dialogue found on Sharepoint regarding breaking the restructuring news? The way I'm reading it sounds like TLs who willingly step down to speed up attrition/headcount won't get a paycut. I brought this up to my HR and she is verifying with our HRBP.

Also, there really is a document outlining the upcoming problems that will occur when they remove the team leadership layer. Again, thats when, not if, team leads are removed entirely. I'm really considering stepping down shortly before starting my maternity leave next month. If I retain my pay then I can come back to work in a less stressful capacity as TM. If not, I will job hunt during my 14 week leave. Win win.

i would willingly step down from ptl to plano tm tomorrow if i could keep my pay, guaranteed. who wouldnt? well.. i guess those hoping for promotion or hipo tls.

So I tried to access sharepoint today. Did it become password protected since AE12 last year?

On a related note, I swear to god I saw the volume class and org chart breakdowns somewhere on workbench in the last few months. I can't for the life of me find it anywhere on workbench now. As usual, the built-in search thing is completely useless. I already tried google and found the old information from here on the forums, but I know I saw it on workbench not too long ago.

Look one OnePlan.Archive! Sharepoint.target.com.

I would like to know * exactly* to find the restructuring stuff and the ae2013 changes. Help.

1) I no longer work for spot, so I can't tell you
2) Nobody told me where to go, I found it on my own

I would like to know * exactly* to find the restructuring stuff and the ae2013 changes. Help.

Most structures are not accessible to most users on workbench. The links are there, but have a "lock" icon by them. So they are only accessible for STL and above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back